D2 Revelations (midi version) Remix

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2 Revelations (midi version) Remix

Post by Sllik »

I couldn't believe it. I stumbled in here, looking around at all the tasty music and art and models that so many folks have done, then realized I wasn't seeing a post to an incredibly well-done Descent music remix I'd found quite a while back. I did Descent BB searches, manually scoured all the posts all the way back to before the song was posted, and realized nobody here is apparently aware of it (or knows it's there and hasn't linked to it to share with the others).

So if nobody's found this before I have and you're just now hearing it for the first time... I wholeheartedly apologize, because I've listened to it several times over the past couple of years since I discovered the site. If I just missed the post somewhere and am reposting a known resource, forgive my ignorance. IMHO, it is a rare treasure:

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01410/

For those of you familiar with some of the enchanting, awesome, and altogether inspiring music from the various games on the Commodore and Amiga systems of the 80's and 90's, you'll also find many other astounding gems on that site (especially one of the Wizball remixes, which for some reason brings a hint of tears to my eyes almost every time I hear it).
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

It's superb indeed!

It's one of the greatest game Remix i've ever heard.

I sometimes from time to time make some remixing of Descent tracks, but i've never finished correctly none of them, but if you're interested i can finish some of them also :)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Blue
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blue »

Beautiful mix. Can't emphasize that enough.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Blue wrote:Beautiful mix. Can't emphasize that enough.
X2

simply magnificent!!
Wishmaster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wishmaster »

It's awesome that there's anyone outside this community who would actually remember Descent enough to make a remix... that's a great one, though.

@Pumo:
I'd love to hear what you've got.
C:\\>cd games\\descent
C:\\GAMES\\DESCENT>descent
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I made a news post about that on PD all the way back when it was released. It really is a nice piece of work. I have a couple of other Descent remixes lying around my HD, but I haven't been able to track down where it was I snagged them from.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Wishmaster wrote:@Pumo:
I'd love to hear what you've got.
His website. ;)
http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr/
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Wow... if you click on the Pumino's Records side nav, then click on \"Pumo Mines OST\" at the top, you'll find he's done music for almost all of the levels for Descent that he's made. And they aren't bad! Good find, Aus-RED-5! I never bothered to look at his site.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Topher »

Sllik wrote:Wow... if you click on the Pumino's Records side nav, then click on "Pumo Mines OST" at the top, you'll find he's done music for almost all of the levels for Descent that he's made. And they aren't bad! Good find, Aus-RED-5! I never bothered to look at his site.
Indeed! Can we get MP3s of those?
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

LOL.. don't mind me. Case of mistaken net identity.

Well done, Pumo. Very tasty indeed. MP3's would be much appreciated. ;)