Rediculous

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Rediculous

Post by Nightshade »

There's a point where it goes beyond stupid:

THE bomb hit the ABC's headquarters, destroying everything except one digital transmission tower. The force of the blast left Aunty's site a cratered mess. Just weeks before, a group of terrorists flew a helicopter into the Nissan building, creating an inferno that left two dead. Then a group of armed militants forced their way into an American Apparel clothing store and shot several customers before planting a bomb outside a Reebok store.
feat

Pixel-packing avatars: Browsing for weapons in Second Life

This terror campaign, which has been waged during the past six months, has left a trail of dead and injured, and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars' damage. The terrorists belong to a militant group bent on overthrowing the government. But they will never be arrested or charged for their crimes because they have committed them away from the reach of the world's law enforcement agencies, in the virtual world known as Second Life.

Follow the link: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 37,00.html

To read the entire article.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i'd be up for some online-Jihad action, sounds like some major lulz are to be had no?

it's all because i hate america... uh i mean australia. no wait, i mean the 5th australian SecondLife server - yes. I declare Jihad on the 5th Australian Second life Server, they should all live according to Sharia Law in second life. I'm modeling my character's suicide vest as we speak. Not sure how he'll actually DIE though... maybe i'll have to work with an honour system.

I detonate a virtual suicide bomb in Second-Life. My character and everyone else's obviously survives, so we all have to agree to log-out and delete the characters afterwards ok? ok lets rock and roll, this is the best idea ever.
Wishmaster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wishmaster »

They think they're practicing attacks using Second Life? Oh yes, all RL suicide bombings are carried out using a keyboard and mouse - that's great practice! :roll:
C:\\>cd games\\descent
C:\\GAMES\\DESCENT>descent
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Wishmaster wrote:They think they're practicing attacks using Second Life? Oh yes, all RL suicide bombings are carried out using a keyboard and mouse - that's great practice! :roll:
I always thought they practiced using a SIXAXIS controller....
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Boy, do I love the smell of satire in the morning. :)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

That seems incredibly retarded. How can their be casualties? (How are there even bombs?) How can a storefront for a business close down because of this? Does SL actually allow demolition/property damage? I could pick up a rock and throw it through a window? I'm vastly confused (Doesn't help that I've never seen SL)
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

What seems more radically hilarious to me is that they cite World of Warcraft as a potential 'alternate alternate' reality for this type of activity. Engineers can make.. umm.. smoke bombs... and... umm.... little toy tanks? You can use bows and guns in game but you can't aim and I wouldn't even remotely consider the PvP opportunities in the Battlegrounds or Arenas to be good staging grounds for virtual combat that mimics real life.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Smells like the use of fear to prepare the masses to accept internet survilance by the government..
ImageImage
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

If there is some kinda full-on lulz-war in secondlife, i suppose the WMD to be used against jihadists will be dancing penis rain.

gotta love secondlife dancing penis rain hacks.

They'll be all NOOOOOO we'll be all LOOOOOOL
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

Okay I thought maybe some one had actually swallowed this load and written a strange article about the possibility of terrorists actually spending time on the internet until I got to this.
he recent string of terrorist attacks in SL appeared to work and frightened off some retailers. In Nissan's case, its online officials cleaned up the mess, took away the bodies in virtual coffins and continued business.
Then it got funny and I began to get the joke. I love the idea of spending months or years and millions of dollars to
... use virtual worlds to create an exact replica and rehearse an entire attack online, including monitoring the response and ramifications.
Wheeoo hire those dudes man! You could make a fortune off that kind of talent.

TB you must cruise the strangest places on the net. :D
Clothes may make the man
But all a girl needs is a tan

-The Producers
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

\"The Australian\" is a major Australian newspaper, affiliated with newscorp (FOX).

This article is sadly real.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I started reading it, then thought nah, it's from TB. Forget it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

likewise,

just skim and banter at the biggot's skipping record, just skim and banter.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Squirrel banter banter banter!