Just for the iPhone groupies!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Just for the iPhone groupies!

Post by Nightshade »

Apple's Jobs Sorry for iPhone Price Cut

Sep 6, 6:14 PM (ET)

By JORDAN ROBERTSON

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Apple Inc. (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs apologized and offered $100 credits Thursday to customers who shelled out $599 for the most advanced model of the iPhone, only to have the company unexpectedly slash the price $200 in a push to boost holiday sales.

In a letter on the company's Web site, Jobs acknowledged that Apple disappointed some of its customers by cutting the price of the iPhone's 8-gigabyte model and said he has received hundreds of e-mails complaining about the price cut.

But Jobs added that \"the technology road is bumpy,\" and there will always be people who pay top dollar for the latest electronics but get angry later when the price drops.

\"This is life in the technology lane,\" Jobs said.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070906/D8RG7O7G0.html

/point /laugh @ iPhone customers :)
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

rofl @ iPhone users for paying 3x the amount my smartphone cost 2 years ago. Even funnier is my phone has all the features the iPhone is claiming to be 'innovative', and my phone does them better. Funny. My phone has 2x the features at 1/3 the cost. 2 years ago.

Hook
Line
Suckers!
BigSlideHimself
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by BigSlideHimself »

What phone do you have?

I don't know that the iphone is that innovative, it's lacking in many many features of blackberrys and other smart phones, but I suppose alot of people are attracted to the panache and simplicity of the iphone. The webbrowsing for instance is better than any other phone I've seen, and easily the best display. I suppose it's why people drive sportscars, there's plenty of cars that can do the same and more, but it's about getting to point b in style.
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

I think there's two different customer bases you need to consider before saying the iPhone is awesome/sucks:
- The consumer who wants to show off YouTube videos to her friends or check email online or just have style of phone

- The enterprise guy who needs to check and answer email rapidly, be able to manage calendar and be able to open documents on his phone.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I am both, Topher, and I can do it with my phone. :) I don't have a data package anymore though. The services are really not worth the price, no matter how 'cool' they seem to be.

I have an HTC smartphone. Windows 5. I want to upgrade to the faster model out now, but I'm waiting for the $200 price drop in the next six months. Until then, mine still does everything I could possible need. If it didn't come with the phone, I coded it.
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

A little something for the iPhone groupies....

installer.app

Enjoy. :) (for a demo, watch this episode of Diggnation.)