Secret Society

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Secret Society

Post by BUBBALOU »

Well since there is a Secret Society attempting to hide Personal attacks from Members of this Forum -- deleting Valid Threads - When said Members find out about these attacks which are available to ANYONE who does a Search on the WEB not related to anything in particular. Treating the said Members like they are the criminals. Then Patting the attackers Monkey on the back...and handing them a cookie... Well I think it's time to move on.....

You know If you guys would have let me known when you found out... Would Have been Nice - CHEERS

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

Did I miss something? :?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Obviously.... so did I

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

The thread in question was moved from the D2X-XL forum to a private forum. PM was sent to you about it and you read it.

You then go ahead and repost it in the PTMC Cafe.
So the thread was moved from the PTMC to the NHB, but since then been moved to the private forum again for other MODs to decide its fate.
BUBBALOU wrote:.....not related to anything in particular...
If it wasn't?
Then why was it originally posted in the D2X-XL forum?

BTW - Complaints belong in the Feedback Forum.... :P
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
BUBBALOU wrote:.....not related to anything in particular...
If it wasn't?
Then why was it originally posted in the D2X-XL forum?:P
Actually - I was crawling the web to find the alternate ending to Descent 3 end movie by Daniel McMillan - which used to be on a page he had... www.danielmcmillan.com , I came across this.... and funny thing was I was in teamspeak with two memebers of this forum.... during my almost in vane search(found everything but the movie) and they shared the horror

Since It had D2X-XL plastered all over it, it went where it belonged

SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

I saw the thread and watched the video. I was actually surprised the thread was locked.

Then I visited .com and saw that this particular video was created by Diedel. I think that personal feelings got involved on this one.

I'm not quite sure how a video available publically and linked here in a thread by Bubbalou that does not contain inappropriate or explicit material can be locked and subsequently moved to the \"private\" forum so quickly can possibly fall within the bounds of moderator action except that it personally offends certain individuals.

This should have been moved to NHB at the most.

For those of you wondering what the heck I'm talking about, click here.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

SuperSheep wrote:Then I visited .com and saw that this particular video was created by Diedel.
Was not created by Diedel.
Macmenche is the creator.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

How can I see the video without going to the profanity laced clone site. Can someone post it here?

Bettina
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by SuperSheep »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
SuperSheep wrote:Then I visited .com and saw that this particular video was created by Diedel.
I retact, merely a supporter as provided by the details of the movie...
MacMenche wrote:Fruits of the d2xxl application by Dietfrid Mali for more information visit Descent 2

As with all creations, the purists and the progressives are at odds. The reality for some is to banish and yet offer nothing,
while others simply wait for the moment to present itself and strike with the festering fury. This is a short storyline giving a
general overview to what I happened onto, was just trying to help do something to feel a part of, and got a few earthshakers
sent my way for making a video. I found the irony between game storyline, D2XXL's application port adding to Descent 3
becoming irrelivant, and me unknowingly walking into a year old multiplayer battle a bit daunting...that is until some
resourceful members managed to send some attacks my way!

I envisioned a secret society of members planning the so-called anonymous email attacks on the new guy over there,
perhaps they were GermanPhobic I thought, then some other places I belong to and go had some references to me once
again (hey I am just a fan of the game) and of course Dietfrid ( I just got tired of counting how many Mega Missles were
behind him on a regular basis) and lets be clear as I looked and it was not all SLAM and then fire any and all Mega
Missles on Dietfrid. Yet an occasional guided missle would be directed at me to the BB members club and benifits of info
( the carrot on a stick)

This particular content was created by that new guy ME , observing the mud being slung, getting dirty, and who
believes that anyone offended should be man enough to host a multiplayer mission and INVITE!
yea INVITE the desired combatants to a hosted mission....

Al Bundy would say "Lets Rock" or start to tell you about the four touchdowns in one game but
I bet you if you asked KoolBear he would like the idea.
I do not know this person, but his sites are precisely accurate on Descent'rs!
If he wrote a code of conduct for Descentr's I would follow it!

In any given group or community 80% of the work is done by 10% of the people

Lets go People do Something! to keep the Descent 4 Multiplayer only as far as I know demand high
Lets show some Textures, Models, 3D Models that a lot of others made and spent time on

What do I mean REALLY look at the RTCW channel multiplayer videos
I was impressed and they... get this use TEAMWORK
Still, I see absolutely no reason to delete the post. Possibly a move to NHB if felt that the material would offend younger audiences, however that is not the case.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

I thought the video was great. Where was the offensive part?

Bee
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:
Ok,

I'd like to point out that "Macmenche" is not a name that appears on the member roster. Why would someone that is NOT an active individual here would take such issue? A lot of work went into those vids.

And of course, no one would EVER use an alias here. :roll:

.. on a side note, It doesn't really matter to me if it was Deidel or not. I bare no grudge, nor do I have a reason too. This was, however, made by someone familiar ...very familiar judging from it truculent content, with the DBB community.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

THAT is what's being discussed... and not locked, deleted.

ohhhkay Top.. where's YOUR post go?

lol!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Bet51987 wrote:I thought the video was great. Where was the offensive part?

Bee
Pay special attention to the video when the countdown is being played. You'll notice certain avatars that belong to certain users on this board. (Namely Bubbalou, Ferno, and Lothar.) Now when you combine the subject of the video with the avatars....you have your insult.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

Duper wrote:THAT is what's being discussed... and not locked, deleted.

ohhhkay Top.. where's YOUR post go?

lol!
Im sorry, but when I saw the video a second time I had a better understanding of what is going on right now, so my post became irrelevant, hence my deletion of it. Didnt want to clutter the thread. :oops:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Here we go again...

Secret society? dude cmon.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

I.... dont get the video... something about Descent, some DBB members, and Volition???
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Dakatsu wrote:I.... dont get the video
I'm right there with you.
Someone want to explain to us idiots in blunt terms exactly what it's supposed to MEAN that there are some users icons drifting out of the exploding whatever it is?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

\"death\" of the Descent community where the DBB is concerned.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

If there was a way to do a mass PM...

anyways, if you guys want an explanation, I'll send out an email.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

I understand the video pretty well...

Duper is right with the explanation...
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Ferno wrote:Here we go again...

Secret society? dude cmon.
*starts playing the MiB theme*

:)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

MD-2389 wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I thought the video was great. Where was the offensive part?

Bee
Pay special attention to the video when the countdown is being played. You'll notice certain avatars that belong to certain users on this board. (Namely Bubbalou, Ferno, and Lothar.) Now when you combine the subject of the video with the avatars....you have your insult.
Ah, yes, I see it now. It was made very personal, clearly directed at the DescentBB and individual members and admins.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

*pulls out pitchforks*
HANG THE CREATOR!!!!
:P
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

When Diedel posted this video long ago, I deleted it because it was clearly intended as a personal attack. He didn't make the video, but did intend to provoke people by posting it (he said as much in a PM to me after I deleted it.) The video is bizarre and nonsensical, but there's definitely an attempt to be inflammatory. As such, I thought it best to just get rid of it, rather than having Diedel vs Ferno/Bubbalou/MD round 327.

I didn't realize Bubbalou hadn't been told about it. That's my fault -- I should've let everyone whose avatars appeared in the video know about it.

Bubbalou, in the future, if you have a problem with a moderator removing something, please send me a PM about it rather than reposting it and/or complaining about it in the forum. No need to drag the entire board into the discussion...
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Lothar wrote:When Diedel posted this video long ago, I deleted it because it was clearly intended as a personal attack. He didn't make the video, but did intend to provoke people by posting it (he said as much in a PM to me after I deleted it.) The video is bizarre and nonsensical, but there's definitely an attempt to be inflammatory. As such, I thought it best to just get rid of it, rather than having Diedel vs Ferno/Bubbalou/MD round 327.

I didn't realize Bubbalou hadn't been told about it. That's my fault -- I should've let everyone whose avatars appeared in the video know about it.

Bubbalou, in the future, if you have a problem with a moderator removing something, you should send me a PM about it instead of starting a bunch of whiny threads about how you're being censored and such.
SHH!!!! Descentbb.com can hear you! It knows where you LIVE! :o
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

oh noes, I'm so afraid of descentbb.com! Somebody help me hide before they call me a nazi again!
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Pumo »

Lothar wrote:oh noes, I'm so afraid of descentbb.com! Somebody help me hide before they call me a nazi again!
LOL! :lol:
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Watch as it goes to round 328! :P
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

I have a few points of contention with Bubbalou. Let's start with my claim that I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to free people from the fetters of credentialism's poisonous embrace. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Bubbalou has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and transform our little community into a global crucible of terror and gore -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. Implying that science is merely a tool invented by the current elite to maintain power is no different from implying that he is omnipotent. Both statements are ludicrous.

In plain, simple-to-understand English, Bubbalou has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for him. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind in the immediate years ahead. We can all have daydreams about Happy Fuzzy Purple Bunny Land, where everyone is caring, loving, and nice. Not only will those daydreams not come true, but he managed to convince a bunch of the worst kinds of stuck-up fruitcakes there are to help him encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science. What was the quid pro quo there? People often ask me that question. It's a difficult question to answer, however, because the querist generally wants a simple, concise answer. He doesn't want to hear a long, drawn-out explanation about how teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain -- with a straight face -- that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to uproot our very heritage and pave the way for Bubbalou's own indelicate value system. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that I believe I have finally figured out what makes people like Bubbalou make life less pleasant for us. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. Many of the distinctions between foolish drunks and Bubbalou's bedfellows have dissolved. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: Bubbalou's ignorant causeries. Is Bubbalou a pious person? Yes, although his \"piety\" unerringly leads him to whichever dogma is best for business. Speaking of which, Bubbalou's grievances are geared toward the continuation of social stratification under the rubric of \"tradition\". Funny, that was the same term that his slaves once used to open new avenues for the expression of hate.

This seems so obvious, I am amazed there is even any discussion about it. Bubbalou rarely tells his adulators that he plans to skewer me over a pit barbecue. It is unclear whether this is because he should pay a price for his unpatriotic expostulations, because his comrades have an inadequate grasp of acceptable scientific method and data interpretation, or a combination of the two. The failure of his grunts to recognize that he goes ballistic every time I so much as hint that he should do some research next time before printing half-truths and misinformation casts doubts upon their methods. I always catch hell whenever I say something like that, so let me assure you that if he thinks that he can make me become the target of prejudice, ridicule, discrimination, and physical violence, then he's barking up the wrong tree. Bubbalou's fairy tales are enmeshed in demagogism. (Actually, aside from a few exceptions, this statement is indeed valid but that's not important now.) The devil not only finds too much mischief for idle hands to do, but increasingly in our contemporary world, he causes disorganized guttersnipes to brand me as atrabilious. Let me close by reminding you that Bubbalou's criticisms are amalgams of popular themes among fatuous, pompous scatterbrains, snooty crybabies, and the worst classes of insincere adolescents there are.

Regards,

DBB Secret Society

P.S.

I don't like you very much.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

haha... gotta love those complaint gens. :P
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Dang... I think something just flew over my head. :o
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

is this on youtube?
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

LOL thread. Sometimes ignorance really IS bliss. :o
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

MD-2389 wrote:I have a few points of contention with Bubbalou. Let's start with my claim that I recommend paying close attention to the praxeological method developed by the economist Ludwig von Mises and using it as a technique to free people from the fetters of credentialism's poisonous embrace. The praxeological method is useful in this context because it employs praxeology, the general science of human action, to explain why Bubbalou has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and transform our little community into a global crucible of terror and gore -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. Implying that science is merely a tool invented by the current elite to maintain power is no different from implying that he is omnipotent. Both statements are ludicrous.

In plain, simple-to-understand English, Bubbalou has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for him. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind in the immediate years ahead. We can all have daydreams about Happy Fuzzy Purple Bunny Land, where everyone is caring, loving, and nice. Not only will those daydreams not come true, but he managed to convince a bunch of the worst kinds of stuck-up fruitcakes there are to help him encumber the religious idea with too many things of a purely earthly nature and thus bring religion into a totally unnecessary conflict with science. What was the quid pro quo there? People often ask me that question. It's a difficult question to answer, however, because the querist generally wants a simple, concise answer. He doesn't want to hear a long, drawn-out explanation about how teenagers who want to shock their parents sometimes maintain -- with a straight face -- that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to uproot our very heritage and pave the way for Bubbalou's own indelicate value system. Fortunately, most parents don't fall for this fraud because they know that once people obtain the critical skills that enable them to think and reflect and speculate independently, they'll realize that I believe I have finally figured out what makes people like Bubbalou make life less pleasant for us. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. Many of the distinctions between foolish drunks and Bubbalou's bedfellows have dissolved. But let's not lose sight of the larger, more important issue here: Bubbalou's ignorant causeries. Is Bubbalou a pious person? Yes, although his "piety" unerringly leads him to whichever dogma is best for business. Speaking of which, Bubbalou's grievances are geared toward the continuation of social stratification under the rubric of "tradition". Funny, that was the same term that his slaves once used to open new avenues for the expression of hate.

This seems so obvious, I am amazed there is even any discussion about it. Bubbalou rarely tells his adulators that he plans to skewer me over a pit barbecue. It is unclear whether this is because he should pay a price for his unpatriotic expostulations, because his comrades have an inadequate grasp of acceptable scientific method and data interpretation, or a combination of the two. The failure of his grunts to recognize that he goes ballistic every time I so much as hint that he should do some research next time before printing half-truths and misinformation casts doubts upon their methods. I always catch hell whenever I say something like that, so let me assure you that if he thinks that he can make me become the target of prejudice, ridicule, discrimination, and physical violence, then he's barking up the wrong tree. Bubbalou's fairy tales are enmeshed in demagogism. (Actually, aside from a few exceptions, this statement is indeed valid but that's not important now.) The devil not only finds too much mischief for idle hands to do, but increasingly in our contemporary world, he causes disorganized guttersnipes to brand me as atrabilious. Let me close by reminding you that Bubbalou's criticisms are amalgams of popular themes among fatuous, pompous scatterbrains, snooty crybabies, and the worst classes of insincere adolescents there are.

Regards,

DBB Secret Society

P.S.

I don't like you very much.
omg u just made my head asplode ! ! !
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Umm, yeah. About three sentences in, I could tell this was an altered version of an essay about something else.

A quick Google turned up this (see section 6, starting in the third paragraph).

[Edit: Aus-Red-5 said this is from a \"complaint gen(erator)\"...]
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

PLAGERISM!!!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

d3jake wrote:PLAGERISM!!!
[Mobius-Moment]
Er, you mean "plagiarism"? :wink:
[/Mobius-Moment]
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

RASIST BATCHES!
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Oh come on, I thought that was a dead give-away that it was generated. Seriously, have you seen me type ANYTHING that long ANYWHERE on this board? The only person that has ever typed that much or more is Drakona. :P tsk! tsk! You two (namely TechPro and Top Wop) SUCK at the internet! ;)

http://www.modsonline.com/Static-angryletter.html

http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

Enjoy! :)