Robotech \"mod within campaign\" on the making

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Robotech \"mod within campaign\" on the making

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

This may sound crazy but, I decided to make a Robotech mod within campaign for Descent 3. I was thinking of a title for this senario as \"Robotech Insertion\". And yes, your Veritech will always be in fighter mode(since there is no way to make a pyro transform into a mech :p). The first campaign will be based on the Macross Saga era(After I'm done with the first campaign and watch all of Robotech: The New Generation, I'll skip ahead to the New Generation era(since there are not enough veritech fighters in The Masters era)). I might be on Hiatus(sic?)(You know, busy with other stuff such as building other levels, work on my miniatures, etc). It will have modded weapons, Battlepods(Zentraedi mecha) for the enemies, allied units such as Destroids, Veritech fighters, and of course, The SDF-1.

EDIT Jan-4-2008: Call me crazy but, I could use someone to develop sound effects(e.g. lasers and missiles) for this \"Mod Within Campaign\".
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, it sounds great to me! :D

It's good to see some new mods from time to time for D3, specially if they are Single-Player mods... :)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Bumpage of a 4 month old topic alert!
Anywho, I've done 2 models for Robotech Insertion so far(but I didn't start the level building yet).
Here they are:
Zentraedi Officer's Battlepod-
(^I haven't started the animation for this one^)

VF-1S Valkyrie Fighter(It's been Descent 3-ified :o )-
(^I know, the texture alignment sucks^ :roll: )

Currently working on:
Defender Destroid

models to be built soon:
-Tomahawk Destroid
-other Zentraedi Battlepods(Scout, Standard, Light Artillery, Heavy Artillery)(Regult)
-Phalanx Destroid
-Monster Destroid

(I'm still on hiatus on the level building for this \"Mod within Campaign\" for D3).
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Good luck with this dude :)
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

In further adieu, here's an image of my Defender model (It's a WIP):

(still haven't started on the level building yet)
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

It looks Rifleman-esque, maybe with the body of a Hellbringer...
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Er, Jake, That thing became the RFL-3N Rifleman
But, the Rifleman IIC actually looks totally different from the Rifleman (which looks like a Defender from Robotech and/or Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
(please, it wouldn't kill to click on the links to see what I'm talking about. Compare and contrast ;))
BTW, the Hellbringer is safe from the lawsuit so no need for dropping it down from Battletech.