Typing Spanish Characters

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Typing Spanish Characters

Post by Dakatsu »

Is there an easy way to type spanish characters on an american keyboard, such as the accent marked letters, and the upside down question mark? It would help out for my IB Spanish paper I have to write/type.

PS: Not like Alt +0191, I mean a way to rig it so I hold a button and when I type a letter it would add the accent mark.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

What OS are you using? That will largely determine/limit what the potential solutions might be.

I use the Yudit app ( http://www.yudit.org/ ) which came pre-installed in SuSE Linux 9.3 for keyboard mapping of foreign languages. I use a commercial application designed specifically to support Slavic languages in Windows, so unfortunately it won't be of use to you.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

You can change your keyboard layout in Windows to use the Spanish layout. If you have a Mac, Opt+N produces a combining tilde which can be composed with n, o, or a; Opt+E produces a combining accent which can be composed with any vowel.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Windows XP is what I am using currently, and I have no plans to change to any other OS as of now, especially VISTA!