Bugs - post your bugs you had here

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

You mean the D2 robot briefings? If yes, that is currently related to the Redrawing menus.
I will see if I can adjust that a little bit in the future.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

REally??? cool!

and yes, its the D2 briefings.
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

But just to get this straight:

When a robot displays you see it in the first moment in another color (I mostly see a blue scheme). Then it displays correctly, right?
Or is this constantly broken for you? This should just be a thing of some milliseconds.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

It's just a quick flash. Mostly yellows and reds. Then it displays normally. When it goes to the next bot in the briefing, the same thing happens.
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

Mhm yes this is the same thing I noticed, too. Didn't find this too hard, but I will fix it again.
Redboy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Redboy »

yes I have quick green flash in D2 video intro and brief next bot in quick blue flash...
StormGTX1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by StormGTX1 »

I downloaded D2X-Rebirth ver. 0.52 recently. The game runs very beautifully, but I did notice a few issues. I happened to notice that the sounds in the intro and ending movies aren't fully in synch. The sound is about a split second behind the video. Best way to tell this is when the MD presses the Warp Drive Jump button. I'm not sure if the other movies are the same way or not. Second, if someone ever decided to view the credits it will close the program whether they fully view it or exit it early. Third, I do also get that alternate color flash during the robot briefings and in certain movies. Also during the briefings, the text plays out in the first screen, but the rest of the screens will give all the text at once. It's like pressing 'Enter' twice. Otherwise, the game runs with no problems so far.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just one little bug for your heads up that I noticed in version 0.52. Right before the main movie loads and again before the game selection menu comes up, the screen flashes white for a second. It used to flash a black screen during these transition periods.

Not a killer, I just noticed the change. Probably my old TNT2 graphics card.

Kim :roll:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yup, I posted that like 4 posts ago. ;)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Oops! Read before write. Bummer. Keep up the good work Zico.
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

UPDATE:
Zico has a nice support forums up here... http://dxx-rebirth.com/frm/
I have closed this but left it stickied.

KoolBear

Since we still need to deal with all the D2 palette stuff it's a bit hard to hide it all. I can't promise to clean it up completely, but I can make this effect a bit \"shorter\".

Also I noticed, some have very shuttering movies. I try to improve that as well.

And thanks for all the nice words - I try to make a good new version. :)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Just a little bug report for you concerning v0.53 Zico.

You did manage to get rid of all but one white pallet flash, that one flashes just before the main movie. Thanks.

The new bug concerns the menus. I noticed that sometimes selecting things like options, load games, etc., you get either no response or a slight delay before things change when you click the mouse.

Also, in the joystick button setup screen, when you click in a box to map a button, you'll get the question mark and a flashing square to make your selection, as normal. What's different is that the purple selection box flashes or cycles between purple and black VERY slowly, unlike the previous versions.

I haven't run into any other bugs yet. Keep up the good work on D2!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Random bit, in both D1x and D2x (0.53) on my laptop the game would run once just fine, but if I exited it and tried to run it again it wouldn't even start just an instant crash to desktop faulting in SDL.dll. So I replaced SDL.dll version 1.2.11 that came with them with SDL.dll version 1.2.13 on the SDL web site ( http://www.libsdl.org/download-1.2.php ) and it seems to have fixed it.
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

Thanks for that hint. :) I'll update the file for the next release.

@ tunnelcat: I've fixed the slow menus now, too. Will all be ready in 0.54.
Mr_Blam0
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

goofy ship handling...

Post by Mr_Blam0 »

Hey I've got a few problems. I think the first may lay between the chair and the keyboard. I'm having trouble installing D1X-Rebirth. I THINK i have the full version of Descent and I'll attach my Descent Dir so you can tell me otherwise.. but the patch to 1.4 is looking for the Descentr.exe file so it can patch it but obviously its not there.. Im installing off the destination saturn cd that has all the levels but again the .exe file is a descent.exe and not the required descentr.exe file... is there a way to fix this?

secondly when i run descent (unpatched) the pyro hovers/bounces a little faster than i remember it doing on my old system in 1998 and the handling is terrible because the turning is so slow! why and why?
btw im running on a HP dv1000 notebook
display adapter :Mobile Intel(R)915GM/GMS 910GM/GML Express chipset family
Processor: Intel Celeron M Processor 1.5GHz
Eat your peas, bud.
Mr_Blam0
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

goofy ship handling...

Post by Mr_Blam0 »

Hey I've got a few problems. I think the first may lay between the chair and the keyboard. I'm having trouble installing D1X-Rebirth. I THINK i have the full version of Descent and I'll attach my Descent Dir so you can tell me otherwise.. but the patch to 1.4 is looking for the Descentr.exe file so it can patch it but obviously its not there.. Im installing off the destination saturn cd that has all the levels but again the .exe file is a descent.exe and not the required descentr.exe file... is there a way to fix this?

secondly when i run descent (unpatched) the pyro hovers/bounces a little faster than i remember it doing on my old system in 1998 and the handling is terrible because the turning is so slow! why and why?
btw im running on a HP dv1000 notebook
display adapter :Mobile Intel(R)915GM/GMS 910GM/GML Express chipset family
Processor: Intel Celeron M Processor 1.5GHz
Eat your peas, bud.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

The bug I'm struggling with in my current version of Rebirth (both D1 and D2) is the fact, that it doesn't want to loop background music. It just plays the MIDI tracks once, then silence follows or the last sound of the MIDI gets perpetually stretched out. I don't think it's a hardware issue, as this happens both on a Monster Sound 2 and a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1.

Another thing, my primary weapon switching sound is considerably quieter than all the other sound effects in the game.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

The bug I'm struggling with in my current version of Rebirth (both D1 and D2) is the fact, that it doesn't want to loop background music. It just plays the MIDI tracks once, then silence follows or the last sound of the MIDI gets perpetually stretched out. I don't think it's a hardware issue, as this happens both on a Monster Sound 2 and a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1.

Another thing, my primary weapon switching sound is considerably quieter than all the other sound effects in the game.