04/05/94...............

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

04/05/94...............

Post by AceCombat »

10 year Anniversary of Kurt Cobains Self-Inflicted Shotgun shot to the head. :cry: the greatest rock star of modern 90's and now rock music

LONG LIVE NIRVANA!!!!

ROCK ON MOFO'S :twisted: :D 8) :mrgreen:
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

poser.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i hereby turn this thread into "HOW DID KURT DIE?!"

i hear he had too much heroin (?) in his system to be able to MOVE let alone line up a shotgun and pull trigger. so someone else must've murdered him, and possibly injected the heroin, not sure about the later, i wonder how close to OD you have to be, to be so bent you can't move.

foofighters and 'queens of the stone age' still rock though. go ex-nirvana drummer Dave Grohl.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

maybe he knocked the shotgun over and got unlucky.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

big woop
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

waste of ammo
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

*giggle*
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

roid wrote:i hereby turn this thread into "HOW DID KURT DIE?!"

i hear he had too much heroin (?) in his system to be able to MOVE let alone line up a shotgun and pull trigger. so someone else must've murdered him, and possibly injected the heroin, not sure about the later, i wonder how close to OD you have to be, to be so bent you can't move.
AFAIK, he wasnt high enough to imobilize himself, he stuck a 12 guage shotgun into his mouth from the the floor and used his toes to push down on the trigger. according to many, he was under extreme pain and stress, and the drugs relived him of that, untill one day they didnt so he commited suicide with the shotgun in his mouth. they are releasing a book that may include evidence that hey may possibly have been murdered. ill look for references on that.

fliptw wrote:poser.
KMFWA , rock is the only thing i listen to. Kurt was a legend, he spawned what would become, Green Day, Weezer............. god i cant even name everyone.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

Courtney did it.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

Vader wrote:Courtney did it.
OMG Vader, the very instance i read that, the radio station in ATL 96.7 tHe BuzZ www.buzzatlanta.com <-- playing Nirvana all day until 12AM Click "Listen Live"

the DJ said that exact same line of text at the very exact same of time i read your reply........

:shock: thats some freaky sh!z there
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Who cares. He had tried unsuccessfully to off himself at least once before the shotgun incident. Whether it was murder or suicide doesn't matter. Either way he got what he wanted. I just wish it had happened before he had a chance to breed.
whuppinboy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by whuppinboy »

i'll give Nirvana their props, they reinvigorated mainstream rock n' roll at a time it was needed most but for freakin' christs sake, he killed himself, let the man die and rest in pieces already. who cares if he offed himself or if someone put the kabosh on him.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

man you guys are harsh.....jeez, some of us who listen to modern rock music see him as a god to the industry.......it doesnt affect me what happend to him, i just see him as a god of modern rock, he is the spawner of many now day rock bands. just like michael jacksoin is the king of pop, and elvis is the king of classic rock. and soo forth
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

I agree with the last post. The guy was no Elvis for crying out loud. Nirvana only had like 2-3 CDs worth of good material and only one album that was a HUGE success, give it a rest already.

I've heard two different conspiracy theories (Hes not really deserving of even one, but meh). 1. Courtney did it. 2 (The big one) There were rumors that Cobain was talking about retiring from music. He already had tons of money and as depressed and drugged up as he was he really didn't have the energy to tour or play music. So, once this news filtered to his record label they figured they'd cut their losses and make him a martyr.

So they setup a hit and had him murdered. The suicide was a hoax.

I lean towards Courtney doing it in a drug induced stupor :P
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

AceCombat wrote:man you guys are harsh.....jeez, some of us who listen to modern rock music see him as a god to the industry.......it doesnt affect me what happend to him, i just see him as a god of modern rock, he is the spawner of many now day rock bands. just like michael jacksoin is the king of pop, and elvis is the king of classic rock. and soo forth
Cobain offing himself, and people marking it yearly, just justifies the marketing money spent on the current top 20 even more.

Cobain's suicide created more "bands" than the music of Nirvana ever did.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

fliptw wrote:poser.
ha!
xceptional1
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by xceptional1 »

awww, I thought you were going to mention I turned 10 yrs. old that day... :cry:
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

I NEED TO MAKE A ANNOUNCMENT!!

the actuall date in reference is 04/05/94 its the 5th not the 4th
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

fliptw wrote:Cobain offing himself, and people marking it yearly, just justifies the marketing money spent on the current top 20 even more.
this thread is the first time i've ever heard anyone remember the date of his death.
when Nirvana was around, MTV didn't even exist in australia, yet Nirvana was insanely popular here.

i like Nirvana :)
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

I think Dave Grohl was and is much more interesting. Kurt was a one-trick pony, imo, and frankly I was really sick of his formulaic real quiet/real loud song structure while he was alive. But hey, let's take a moment to remember the grieving widow. :roll:

This is your wife, this is your shotgun... Any questions? :oops:
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

you know you can edit thread titles in phpbb right?
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

Will Robinson wrote:waste of ammo
agreed
Nexus_One
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Nexus_One »

I always thought Nirvana sucked anyways.
Fusion pimp
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Fusion pimp »

He used to be good, but, he hasn't played in forever so I doubt he'd do well now days. Has he signed up for Califest this year?
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

lol@Barry!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I was a big fan of Nirvana. then Kurt killed himself. I thought 'damn that sucks' then i moved on.
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

www.justiceforkurt.com

Not only did the b#$ch have Kurt killed, but she had El Duce (of the Mentors) killed as well after he tried to file a police report that she had offered him 10K$ to off Kurt and make it look like suicide....
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

kurupt wrote:you know you can edit thread titles in phpbb right?
no i didnt know that? how do you do that
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Man...the things people waste their time building websites for :roll:
slurpy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by slurpy »

holy !@#$% it's buef.. where you been man?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

you know what, i just noticed something. this thread turned from "remembering a Modern Rock legend".....
into "who hates him the most"

for once would the flaming stop, this thread is meant for those who listen to modern rock and alternative, which kurt brought about into our world. if you dont like Kurt or modern rock....... STFU!!! and dont say anything. make your own GD thread about rock music haters or some sh!t
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

ace,
the guy was not solely responsible for the creation of "modern rock", whatever that means. NOW you are giving him way too much credit.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

bash wrote: This is your wife, this is your shotgun... Any questions? :oops:
Why wouldn't I shoot her instead?
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

TheCops wrote:ace,
the guy was not solely responsible for the creation of "modern rock", whatever that means. NOW you are giving him way too much credit.

okay, so you tell me.......who is the most influential.....ill bring it down to that
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

the cure, the pixies, bahaus (and all of their incarnations), the replacements, husker du, david bowie, peter gabriel, bjork, babes in toyland, the meatpuppets (heh), the stoges (he flat out admitted copy-catting them, not that i've heard a lick), the smiths, XTC, Finn brothers, depeche mode, pattie smith, the velvet underground, The The... in no particular order... and incomplete for sure

you are giving him WAY too much credit... though i like his songs a lot... he was really good.

so stick to helicopters and card drivers, will ya. :P
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

Good point, Mr. P. Let's add *dumbass* to the list of Kurt's credentials.
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

*laugh*, he brought modern rock into our world? Sh!t son, Alice in Chains are more influential then Nirvana and Kurt Cobain was. I haven't once heard anyone come up and say that Nirvana was the reason they started playing rock. I've heard plenty of bands come up, Godsmack included, who said Alice in Chains were an influence of theirs.

TheCops just racked off a pretty solid list of people who did a lot more for modern rock and alternative then Cobain.

Listen, the point is he didn't really do enough for him to be some icon in the wake of his suicide/assassination, whatever you want to believe. Good music, yeah, for the most part, but he wasn't as ground breaking as the mainstream would have you believe.

They do that because they still make a profit off Nirvana's music to this day.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

and alot of the bands on 04/05 that were interviewed by 97.6 tHe BuzZ www.buzzatlanta.com ...... every single band member and group they interviewed said.....Kurt is a legend on 90's and today rock/heavy metal music, i listened to Nirvana when it was in his early stages and as a local/amature player, and he had the talent alot of people were looking for.

Godsmack was one of the bands interviewed just so you know.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

AceCombat wrote:Kurt is a legend on 90's and today rock/heavy metal music
they wernt rock and no where neer metal.

u want metal lession to Static-X, MM, Rammstein, Slipknot and so on.

all Nervana was is a grung band that just got lucky
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Well, thats nice, but his legend stemmed from his suicide and not being able to live long enough to truely DO anything extremely revolutionary. He had the ability, but people have a tendancy to not let things go when people with talent have their lives cut short.

What do you think the bands were going to say though? He sucked? heh. I'm not disputing the fact that he had the ability to be something great. Hell, I've enjoyed his songs even to this day when I feel like listening to them but I also feel there are far better bands before, during & after his time that I've listened to.

He might have influenced current modern rock but I can garuntee you that bands like Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Led Zepplin, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax etc...etc...influenced Heavy Metal a lot more then Nirvana :P