Binoculars?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Binoculars?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey, I need a decent set of binoculars for spotting out access points. I work as an installer so I don't really want to carry something really bulky around if possible.

Any suggestions?

I have been looking at these:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

YES

You can't get better.

'course, I used to work there...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

make sure you pick up a bra

what
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/optics ... th/203_204

The first thing to know when shopping is, what is an 8x32. The first digit {8} is the magnification, easy enough. The second and most important is {32 mm} the lens size which affects clarity of view and not field of view which many people believe, although it does affect field of view to an extent. So an x42 is clearer than a x32. Bushnell makes a fine product for a very fair price.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

really Mess.. most reasonable binos have a good image as far as clarity. There are only a handful of lens making companies in the world that do large quantities.

Many times it just comes down to how well they are columated. (short for time, plz google Def.) And THAT can change from pair to pair.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

If I needed a binocular I would buy Burris Fullfield II They are just unreal for the price, I've played with them at the gun shop, the amount of light they gather is comparable to $2K Binoculars.
They come in either 8 or 10 x 42, they are water proof and FOG PROOF, nice on those rainy days. Plus they have good eye relief if you wear glasses.

my $0.02
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

All Leupold are fog free too. ;) They STARTED fog-free. .. in rifle scopes though.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

That's odd... I've fogged my Leupold rifle scopes up on several occasions.. but then again I've been using Leupold rifle scopes for almost 30 years :P plus several other brands :wink:
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

KompresZor wrote:That's odd... I've fogged my Leupold rifle scopes up on several occasions.. but then again I've been using Leupold rifle scopes for almost 30 years :P plus several other brands :wink:
After 30 years maybe you should by a new one :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Leupold does not guarantee against external fogging; only internal.

Mind you that only the gold ring binos are actually made at Leupold. Windriver and their other newer lines are made abroad and have limited warranties. Also note that being such, they won't take much abuse as their prisms are epoxied in and fastened in with a metal casing. They sell these lines to cater to the mid-range price market.

the scopes will fog internally eventually as seals fail and the scope get hammered out in the field. If it DOES fog internally, send it in and they will check it for you. If the fogging is due to abuse,(any kinda externally cause damage) you may need to pay an amount to get it fixed. But it will be (in many cases - but not all) considerably cheaper than a new scope. Their criteria seems to change about every 6 months so I'm not sure what is what these days.

anyways.. that's the skinny there.
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

So you used to work for Leupold... I've probably talked to you before :-) Ever been to Grice's Gun Shop?

Yes Leupold makes some damn fine optics, but $1,000.00 for binoculars to use at work to spot access points. I thought the $220.00 Burris were a little pricey.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Agreed Komp.. That is a \"bit\" much. But they choose to sell in that market. .. weird, I know.