remember.

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[DWL]Punk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

remember.

Post by [DWL]Punk »

let us remember the greatest band of our generation without any flamers.

kurt, you have opened my eyes, ruined me, and set me free. because of you, i am not alone. the sounds and lyrics that you have created stick with me everyday. they have formed a part of my mind that has changed everything. no other person has changed us so much.

it is because of you we know the truth, and that truth will be, and will stay, forever.

--
if you dont have anything nice to say in here, go away.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

*sigh*
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Dude Nirvana really wasn't that insightful or deep. I mean, compared to these other cookie cutter bands out there, yes, but they really weren't that revolutionary. Nirvana did not invent that grungy-sounding rock. They were a great band, for sure, and they revitalized music, but like William Wallace said in Braveheart: "Stand up man, I'm not the pope"
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

i think i can provide some perspective here.

i graduated high school in 1991... music was in a sorry state of affairs... not as bad as now. :P

rock was a marketing nightmare... it had become the diametric opposite of what rock is supposed to be. it's about youth, it's about rage, it's about confusion... and nirvana provided that.

to this day i think cobain is a great writer... not a lennon, not a prince, not a dylan. but he was very important.

he deserves huge props and his suicide makes his myth that much more interesting.

i love heart shaped box... btw.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Neil Young and Jimi Hendrix were two of the original grungers. Everyone else are posers.
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Punk, your feelings toward Nirvana and how they changed or shaped the essence of your life i can understand very well. Bowie was my "Nirvana". It's wonderful how an artist can say or musically tap into exactly what your feeling at that sponge like mentality when you're a young teenager.

Even though i agree with with Ded that Neil Young invented the genre, i think Nirvana took it to a new level. Sort of like what Dylan did to the excellence of Woody Guthrie. Funny how the examples i've given can be taught to any novice on the guitar, shows that it's all about passion rather than ability.

FC
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

I don't like Neil Young but I'll agree with Hendrix.
Hendrix rules. So do the artists that Cops mentioned. But yes I really do like Nirvana, and I'll admit they revitalized rock music, but they definitley didn't revolutionize it. They did spark the beginning of a lot of the shizzy clone "rock" bands we see today.
Beowulf
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Beowulf »

Oh yeah and you gotta love The Doors too...how often can you say "THAT WAS A BADASS 5 MINUTE ORGAN SOLO!!"
Sting_Ray
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Sting_Ray »

Naji. Props ese.

I for real agree with that. Come on baby light my fire.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

now why create a clone thread with a different context approach?!?!?!? i already have a thread on Kurt's death
Tyranny
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Tyranny »

Very simple my dear Watson, people don't pay attention :P
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

Or is it they just don't pay attention to Ace :o
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Who's Ace?

Nirvana was pretty good. I love the Unplugged album. Couldn't really ask for a better contribution to the (real) music world.