Lantern/light needed for installation work.

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Lantern/light needed for installation work.

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Just wondering if anyone knew of something like this:

I need some kind of lantern/light that I could say, set on a roof and position all over the place. Maybe like a light that I can sit down and pivot around so that I can see better. I also need it to work on rechargeable batteries and have the ability to plug into a power source.

Something that uses LED and is as bright as possible and light weight.

I saw something a bit like this on TV but I can't remember the name, it converted into a flash light I think.

I am an internet installer so I work many times late at night in the cold on top of rooftops and on towers/access points.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Something like a snakelight?
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Not exactly. I need it to plug into a power source. I'm always running out of battery juice.
WarAdvocat
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by WarAdvocat »

I'm assuming you've tried a head-lamp? I find them very useful. The light is always where you need it. A secondary light source can then be something smaller... to illuminate nooks and crannies. Oh, and the batteries run forever on most healamps (hundreds of hours for mine - I've never changed the batteries, and I've had it since before the D3Chicago LAN, through a month-long power outage following a hurricane, etc.)
KompresZor
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by KompresZor »

X2 on the headlamp