Will Robinson

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Will Robinson

Post by Gooberman »

Growing up in a liberal-esk family, I probably learned more about the non-evilness of conservatism reading through your posts then any one elses. You are gifted at laying out your position, while restraining from throwing the fireballs back at the opposition, which have become too common on this board. Not always…but usually.

I remember when a new mod for this forum was required, and you were voted for unanimously from both sides, and graciously declined. How rare.

You are too good of a poster to just let go quietly into the internet ether.

If you are lurking, come back. If not, best wishes.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Good luck trying, but he hasn't posted here since June.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

are you really surprised?
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Will Robinson

Post by Hostile »

Gooberman wrote:Growing up in a liberal-esk family, I probably learned more about the non-evilness of conservatism reading through your posts then any one elses. You are gifted at laying out your position, while restraining from throwing the fireballs back at the opposition, which have become too common on this board. Not always…but usually.

I remember when a new mod for this forum was required, and you were voted for unanimously from both sides, and graciously declined. How rare.

You are too good of a poster to just let go quietly into the internet ether.

If you are lurking, come back. If not, best wishes.
I whole-heartedly agree...... :)
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I knew someone was missing from here... Guess it's Will.

Funny thing is, my Dad's name can be rendered as Will Robinson. It's probably not him, though, I don't think he's ever heard of the DBB. :P
Ford Prefect
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Ford Prefect »

I always enjoyed any topic that Will contributed too. Perhaps he has more important things to do than argue with a bunch of internet posters. Strange as that may seem. :wink:
I always assumed the name Will Robinson was from Lost In Space. You know where Robbie the Robot keeps waving his arms and shouting \"Danger! Danger Will Robinson.\" :lol: :lol:
Clothes may make the man
But all a girl needs is a tan

-The Producers
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I always liked and respected Wills posts as they were well reasoned and well thought out. Hopefully he just decided not to post here and not something more dire.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Damn! You guys are going to make me blush or something!
I just popped in to see what the whole Obama/Hillary thing might be stirring up in here...

I did miss you guys a bit. I sort of bailed out because I got busy doing other things, my mom got sick and died of cancer and I was helping out there before she passed on and then dealing with the estate crap etc. etc. and realized I was spending too much time on the net...couldn't bring myself to any kind of official \"I'm outta here thread\" so I just sort of faded away, nothing personal or anything.

I started playing music again and so I restricted my net surfing to that subject. In fact I think surfing the net and playing games became my distraction from the reality that I used to be a musician and gave it up for parenthood and starting my own business etc. I was selling my last few pieces of gear when I had some kind of panic, I realized I should have never given up playing and dove right back in head first.
I'm not gigging anymore, just playing for my own entertainment, the whole thing about old guys getting the band back together just doesn't work for me (Aerosmith not withstanding) but I missed creating music so that's what I've been doing.
That and learning how to keep my 1988 Porsche 928 on the road, can't afford the mechanics who automatically think you're rich because the car is a Porsche. Thanks to Mobius for getting me started down that road!

Anyway Hi peeps!

I promised Birdseye, and myself, that I would never vote for another republican or democrat for national office because of the way the two national parties have let us make them our keepers. Well I stayed true to the promise right up until the democrat primary hit South Carolina. I hadn't voted in the republican primary so I was eligible to vote in the democrat primary and decided I couldn't pass on a chance to flip Hillary the bird. It felt good!

I don't know if I'll actually vote for Obama since I totally disagree with him on some important issues, like running away from Iraq. whether or not he would have us there (obviously he wouldn't have) if he inherits the reality of the situation as the next President he would be a real fool to pull the plug the way he's siad he would. I wonder how he'll resolve that dilema. I must say that I really like the guy for his stance on other issues like lobbiests (although I don't know that he's really clean) I just feel he's like Lincoln and Hillary is more like Al Capone. Easy choce in my mind. Obama is less a product of the two parties than anyone we've had the chance to actually see in office since before I was born (1959) so that's encouraging for me.

I like McCain for a lot of things but he's a two faced Senator who is part of the problem not the solution...yet I trust him to handle foreign affairs and the middle east situation over Obama.

I'm torn, I'd like to vote for Obama as President with McCain as Secretary of defense and Clark Howard as Secretary of Domestic affairs in charge of dishing out common sense and economic policy.

Sorry for the rambling but after seeing you guys speak so nicely about me I felt compelled to say something!

Hi everybody!
Hostile, stay safe dude!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Keep \"dropping by\", Will. :D
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Hi Will... I miss your posts too so please come back. :(

Bee
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

Will Robinson wrote:I hadn't voted in the republican primary so I was eligible to vote in the democrat primary and decided I couldn't pass on a chance to flip Hillary the bird. It felt good!
Huzzah!
Will Robinson wrote:I like McCain for a lot of things but he's a two faced Senator who is part of the problem not the solution...yet I trust him to handle foreign affairs and the middle east situation over Obama.
Don't worry, we can fix that with therapy... :D
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

TIGERassault wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:I like McCain for a lot of things but he's a two faced Senator who is part of the problem not the solution...yet I trust him to handle foreign affairs and the middle east situation over Obama.
Don't worry, we can fix that with therapy... :D
Do you really think McCain would show up for therapy ?!? ;)
Flabby Chick
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flabby Chick »

Sorry about your mother Will, good to see you back.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Hi Will, I am not as stupid as I was before! (Still very liberal, but you are entirely right on the one-party thing, among other examples.)
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

Flabby Chick wrote:Sorry about your mother Will, good to see you back.
x2, to both.
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Hostile »

dissent wrote:
Flabby Chick wrote:Sorry about your mother Will, good to see you back.
x2, to both.
x3

And thanks for the safe wishes! As it turns out, it should be much easier now. On February 1st, I retired from the Navy after 21 years, 3 wars, 16 months under water, and 800+ combat missions in a plane that can't shoot back! I feel pretty good, but I do miss the comraderie and the thrill......

I hope to see you around here more often.