well it's gone

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

English changing doesn't mean errors aren't errors. :p
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

that's exactly what it means
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by dissent »

roid wrote:but i get along fine with people who barely speak english as a 2nd language.
Plus english is an everchanging langauge, evolving quite rapidly with the internet too.
i don't see what's worth complaining about. Loosen up it's a big world.
au contraire, I understood you perfectly; that's how I was able to recognize the error. Hence my gentle corrective. I think what Sirius is trying to stress is that, though the language (indeed, any language) does change over time, at each point in time there is general agreement on correct usage. If everyone were to just make up their own rules, vocabulary, etc., then communication would become impossible in short order.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

Since Roid seems to have copypasted Mona, which is a 2ch creation, that would explain the Japanese font. A lot of the characters used are Japanese, which is why it won't show up right on some folks' computers.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

it evolves for everybody at once.

the language only stops evolving for people who shut themselves off from culture. eg: extreme fictional examples of vampires sleeping for centuries.
i'm sure old fuddy duddy's didn't understand what it ment to be \"cool\" when it was a new term (trivia: the term seems to be borrowed from africa).
just as there are fuddy duddy's existing today who don't know msg txt or online txt such as \"lol\" and smileys.

I made an english error, i honestly can't be fucked.
If you find such errors annoying, then i'd probably find you annoying if we ever met anyway - so it's not like i have any reason to care.