Lookie who I found...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Lookie who I found...

Post by Sllik »

Busted! Lookie who I found over in the forums for Jumpgate Evolution:
sLLiK: Your nick has a farmiliar ring to it. Would you happen to be the same Karash of the old school Descent days?
Karash: Yup, thats me. Now there is a flash back to the good ole days of Descent. Did you use sLLiK as a nick back then as well?
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

awesome!
Karash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Karash »

Hey, I check these board about twice a year :)

Let me know guys if you get into the beta of Jumpgate Evolution, I can square you away.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

...perhaps you could give us a brief rundown of what it's like? If you're involved in it as it sounds like anyway.

I am at least reasonably interested in this game, although I really don't know whether I like it enough to pay fees for it yet.

Though there is the beta for that I guess.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

hey karash
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Karash wrote:Hey, I check these board about twice a year :)

Let me know guys if you get into the beta of Jumpgate Evolution, I can square you away.
I signed up for beta but only got email acknowledging such. No further info sent. I'd like to see how Jumpgate compares to Eve Online.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

sup Karash, long time no see!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Ah hah! So he did come visit. ;)

Yeah, here's to hoping I get into the beta. Definitely looking forward to the game itself, either in beta or final release form.

Those of us that get in will have to form up a guild/gang/corp of Descenters!
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Sup karwash ...tis I, griffin.

How about a lil Momentomori? I was like 90-0 in there til I played you ...jerk.
SirWinner
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by SirWinner »

I signed up for the beta newsletter.

Will have to wait and see the game.

Wheeeeeee!

:P
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Awww... I recall hearing initially that d0ggY was a new name for someone we were supposed to all know, and I've wondered for years (years!) who it was.

And here you go randomly spit it out and I've never heard of a \"griffin\" before in my life.

I just got oldsk00led.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

lol ya, I quit using \"griffin\" on Kali right around the time that the original 1-tier IDL went down ('97?). A few years later I came back on Kali as d0ggY until '01 when I retired for good.

Wow, I can't believe it's been 7 years since I last played - seems like only yesterday that we were playing games of Ugh! in D1 with you, Lothar, Saizen, Tyranny, and whoever else joined in.

How's things going with Loth anyway? Last I remember you 2 got married?
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Hm, I remember you. I can't for the life of me say why so well, but still. Maybe I was playing on the IDL around '00/'01 ...
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Oh yeah. I remember this awesome 8-player game in Ugh with like half of UF. We had Jeds and KidThunder and I don't know who else. I think Sirian even joined us for a bit, but quickly left after deciding we all were nuts. We were. :)

Lothar and I are doing pretty well. Loving marriage (it's been 5 years). Presently looking for an opportunity to settle down somewhere and start having kids . . .

It's awesome to see old skool Descent heroes still around. Makes me all nostalgic. It's hard to find a D1 game these days, unless you're married to a Descenter, and even then you have to get it to run on Vista.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Drakona wrote:I remember this awesome 8-player game in Ugh with like half of UF. We had Jeds and KidThunder and I don't know who else. I think Sirian even joined us for a bit, but quickly left after deciding we all were nuts.
Several games like that. I think the hardest of them had me, you, Jeds, TobyCat, KidThunder, Pavel96, clone7, and Avilyn. I maintained over 50% in that one, which was quite a feat. d0ggY, Nitrate, 8-bit, Saizen, Kanzen, Sin/Bagelboy, kurupt, Birdseye, and kufyit all showed up in other games. I played one game to over 400 kills (Kirian took a demo of part of it.) Some bad screenshots can be found here.

Sirian did show up once, but he was on dialup (28.8). That connect can barely handle 2 players, let alone 8. He said everyone was warping around and he really couldn't track what was going on. I don't blame him; I could barely keep up on DSL.

And yeah, being married is way cool.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Wow, those are some nostalgic screenies ...good times for sure. I actually found those Ugh games to be some of the funner games I ever had in Descent just because it was absolute, inescapable carnage - ranked right up there with the D1 Coop games I played with Descentile and a few others and the Hoard games with Kiln & co.

Damn I miss this game ...so much fun.

Congrats on the happy marriage btw!