I'm baaaaack

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Infecto
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

I'm baaaaack

Post by Infecto »

Most of you will not remember me. But I played Descent a long time ago. About 8 years ago in fact. And I just purchased a CH Fighterstick USB and descent 3 + Mercenary and I am letting you know that this pilot is returning to kick some major butt!

I used to go by the handle 1BadMofo back in my day. My new handle will be Infecto.

I hope to see you old skoolers in battle. If you remember me, holler at me. If not, well, you will be seeing me soon, so be prepared.
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

Figherstick hu? My fav.

I have a map for it, which does the following, if you would like me to send you a copy.

Side stick hat:
Up = 1 Right = 2 Down = 3 Left = 4
(aka change lower primary weapons)

Lower right hat:
Up = 6 Right = 7 Down = 8 Left = 9
(aka change lower secondary weapons)

Left hat:
Up = 5 (Change to highest primary)
Down = 0 (Change to highest secondary)
Right (not mapped and used to role right)
Left (not mapped and used to role left)

Upper right 8 way hat obviously not mapped and used for sliding.

Buttons not mapped and setup like this in the game:
Trigger = Fire primary
Pinky = Fire secondary
Thumb = Fire flare
Index = Afterburn

Love the stick. There is very little that I have to actually go to the keyboard for. :)

Although I think I have gone through about 25 of these sticks or so, after wearing out the slide hat. :evil:

EDIT: Oh and BTW WB :P
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Welcome back! I LOVE seein new pilots come back.

I'm Money!, nice to meet ya. Find me in the mines.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Let Me Know if you need anything programmed for the CH Fighterstick

Grab CH Control Manager 4.20 (4.30 for vista) Image

I Used to play Descent 1/2/3 exclusively with the Combatstick and Pro Throttle( Both Gameport ), then I went to the 568 Combatstick USB and the Pro Throttle USB. Now I use the M$ 3DPro with Grendel USB adaptor - or CH Gamestick 3D USB. I do have 2 More configs with my Full CH Setup one with the Combatstick and one with the Fighterstick.

My Full CH Setup Space Sim Descent /Configs

You should not be using and USB CH Product without the CH Control Manager installed, your missing alot if you do

also If you blow a HAT it costs about 3 cents to replace and if you do it more than 2x's you need to stop being abusive
Infecto
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Infecto »

Thx for the warm reception. Back in the old days, I had a CH Fighterstick 16 pro game port. I had to use the dos utility to program the stick. Their new software is way better than that old utility. I will be setting it up so that I don't have to use the keyboard.

I got my joystick in the mail ysterday and I hooked it up. Played some descent II and boy was I rusty. My hand cramped about after an hour of playing. By the end of the session, some of my old reflexes came back, but boy is turning the ship slow! I hope D3 has a faster turn rate.

I'll be rusty for the first couple of weeks, but I hope I get my old skills back. I used to be pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Thx,
Infecto aka 1BadMofo
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I recall the name. You might see me on rare occasion. Too often, though, I open the list, see Skybox and Abend only, and close it.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Well, tonight there's gonna be a big Entropy game on the Descent Retirement Home server instead of the usual Veins CTF (every Wednesday night, the admins 'change it up' with something different).
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Welcome back Infecto. It was nice chatting with you in IRC the other day.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.