Tigg SB

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
shuuki
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Tigg SB

Post by shuuki »

Ok, maybe I'm showing my age here, but I have a memory of something that I now can't verify.

The year was 1996. Ross Perot and Bob Dole were running against Clinton. I had my first computer with a modem and I read an article in PC Gamer about some new service in beta, I think it was \"Descent Online.\" I played like mad for a couple months. I guess I must have stopped because they started charging. I'm not sure.

Anyway, this is my question... were there or were there not three ships in aforementioned game/spinoff/service:

Pyro-GX (of course)
Tigg-SB (light and fast, if memory serves it could only hold level 1 quads, plasma cannon, and some other stuff that escapes me)
Aggressor Prime (tank)

I dug up some remark on the old D4 development that they would have the Tigg, but for some reason I cannot find a bloody picture of the thing anywhere on the interwebs.

Did I dream those two ships up?
Shuuki
(née Astral of NovaCat's Descent 3D Images)
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Someone just brought that up, actually. I can't seem to find the thread, but those were the ships. The game was done by Engage Games (or Elite Games?).
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

I remember the post Kyo has in mind as well, but I don't remember who made it.

The ships indicated are listed in the Descent IV info at PlanetDescent:

http://www.planetdescent.com/site/dcip/ ... 4/info.asp

Since Suncho was handling the PR for the project, perhaps he can answer your question. Here is his contact info page on his website:

http://www.suncho.com/contact.html

Since he is registered as Suncho on this board, you might also send him a PM.
shuuki
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by shuuki »

That's it, it was called \"Engage: Games Online\" !

The last evidence of which seems to be at:
http://www.cyberstuff.net/mbd/engage.htm

I do remember it being pretty cool at the time. A lot of things were cool back then... fully-textured accelerated graphics, for one. But I digress. I fired off an email to Suncho, we'll see if he's still using that address.

Thanks for your help, guys. I know it's an odd nostalgic request. I remember when D3 came out, I was disappointed that I got the Phoenix instead of the Tigg. I guess something that could handle such a limited armament wasn't going to be too popular with anyone else though... ahh well.
Shuuki
(née Astral of NovaCat's Descent 3D Images)
Nuketheborg
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Nuketheborg »

I have been digging around in Descent Online recently. Look at my post on Planet Descent if you are still interested.

Nuketheborg