Post pics of your Descent collections :D

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Descent Freespace was based on the Lucas Arts Tie Fighter engine (prolly the exact engine) so I would venture the Descent controls were not an option.
DarkShadow
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkShadow »

There is a cheat code that lets you play with Descent style physics.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

Spidey wrote:Descent Freespace was based on the Lucas Arts Tie Fighter engine (prolly the exact engine) so I would venture the Descent controls were not an option.
I've never, ever heard this one before. Considering there was talk about small bits of code being borrowed from Descent, it also seems very unlikely.
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

I had the original D1 and D2 but they we stolen in 97 when my apt was broken into.
sorry to hear that, merlin. but at least you can say, the thiefs who broke into your apt had some kind of taste! :wink:
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Hey guys let's stay ontopic a little we are wondering a little off topic here, if you have a nice collection of Descent games as pics of it bring it on ;) but please keep it on topic otherwise my topic would look abit messy hehe ;)
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

AHA! Me 1, Camera 0!

I have a Descent 3 little foldable thing somewhere for the Black and White Set, as well as a Jewel Case for D3 Mercenary somewhere.
Vertigo is of course a ghetto copy, and my original copy of D3 (Black & Pink) came in those paper pocket things.

Here are floppies for Descent I:

Here are the CD Cases I can find, and they are Descent I, Destination Saturn, and Descent II:

Here are the Descent books:

And finally, the Descent I and II manuals and boxes:

Mmmmm... camera glare :)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Dakatsu wrote:AHA! Me 1, Camera 0!

I have a Descent 3 little foldable thing somewhere for the Black and White Set, as well as a Jewel Case for D3 Mercenary somewhere.
Vertigo is of course a ghetto copy, and my original copy of D3 (Black & Pink) came in those paper pocket things.

Here are floppies for Descent I:

Here are the CD Cases I can find, and they are Descent I, Destination Saturn, and Descent II:

Here are the Descent books:

And finally, the Descent I and II manuals and boxes:

Mmmmm... camera glare :)
Hey that's anice collection you have there Dakatsu :) 8) 8) I like the Peter Telep books I have them also Book 1and 2 of 3 are on their way from Minnesota, USA :)
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

This was posted before

These are just for the ones that I made DVD Covers and boxes for them, maybe I should finish the rest.

DVD Covers Thread

Image (X1)Image (X1)Image (X2) going to sell extra on ebay
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Nice thing 'bout them DVD covers Bubbalou :)
It's like your original authentic idea which I like most about it ;) 8)
Tricord
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Tricord »

I think I've got something pretty exclusive:

Two CDR's with D3 build 325, burned and handwritten by Kevin Bentley himself, sent straight to me from the Outrage office :D

Edit: I also found this:

All pretty good memories :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

You were in the test group weren't you Tricord? That Is some pretty cool stuff.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

No fancy setup here.

Kind of surprised no one posted this CD

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Jeff250 »

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Hmm I don't have Sole Ascent which is the demo version of Descent3. It was delivered with the 3dfx Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP NTSC [USA model, EU model has a PAL TV-FM tuner]version on a light blue CD .
I got my copy bundled with a Hammerhead FX game pad.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

nice collections everyone :) 8)
Trackball
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Trackball »

Does anyone mind if I show any of their pics in a Descent thread on NeoGAF? I can host them on my site.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Nope, go for it. ;)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Trackball wrote:Does anyone mind if I show any of their pics in a Descent thread on NeoGAF? I can host them on my site.
Feel free to do so :)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

It has been avery long time I have been here heh, seems like I kinda lost this place, but the collection is still in an on going process, not as fast as a few years ago but yeah with 82 items in totals and an 83rd incoming from USA well i gotta say it is massive now :)

So last week I gave each album a new sub section, so here's the collection 82 parts as I have counted them all that week.

Here are the sub folders to all the parts of the collection:

Descent Series

Descent 2 Series

Descent 3 Series

Descent Combo Packs

Descent Linux Series

Descent Macintosh series

Descent Playstation Series

Descent Books

Descent Mini Posters

Descent Mouse Pads

Descent Misc Items:

Descent Freespace Series

Descent Freespace 2 Series

Descent Freespace Combo Packs

Descent Freespace Books

So there you have it all 82 items, some may ask why i collect these well, Descent & Freespace have very well thought original designs and sicne day one they were released as demo's I got hooked to them and wanted only more and more and now this is my result, collecting these games has always been on my mind first you like it alot then it becoems an addition then it becomes an obsession, no matter the more I can find the greater the thrill!

This just feels awesome by the day ! 8)
jesusfr3ak4evr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by jesusfr3ak4evr »

I've got Descent 1, 2, and 3 saved on my HDD in .rar, so I can unzip and play them in seconds! :P

I have Descent 2 with box, Descent 3 OEM, Descent 3 Mercenaries box, and a Descent 1 demo disc. They're at home, so I can't take pics.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

All I have is the 2 disc Descent 3 set, a Descent 2 disk, and a mercenary disc.
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but here's the breakdown.

Have owned in the past (thrown out due to scratched disks, or lost):

Descent: Anniversary Edition - D1, extra missions, and Levels of the World; first CD release. This was the first full version of Descent that I owned.
Descent 2 Demo Disc - Store-bought at Best Buy long, long ago; demo of the first three levels.
Descent 2: The Infinite Abyss - My first version of Descent 2, got it for Christmas '97, I believe.
Descent 2 Strategy Guide - Got at same time as Infinite Abyss; now lost

Currently own:

Descent: The Definitive Collection - Box and manual have been lost.
Descent 3 (Windows) - Box and manual have been lost.
Descent 3: Mercenary - Box has been lost.
Descent 3 (Macintosh) - Everything intact.
Descent 3 Hat - Got this for pre-ordering Descent 3 back in '99.
Descent (Macintosh) - No box.
Descent - Playstation (long box ver.)
Freespace - Box and manual have been lost.
Freespace: Silent Threat - Box and manual have been lost.
Freespace 2 - Box and manual have been lost.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

ahh nice, I'd like to see pics iof the D3 hat and D3 Mac versions, if that isnpossible, i ashume everyone has a good camera these days ;)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

I got big Descent 3 and FreeSpace 2: Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition boxes. Also, Descent I and II: The Definitive Collection.

I have like:
Sedwick wrote:Obi Wan:

I wish I got all of those big boxes before I grew and got too lazy to buy them. :P
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Oh, the D3 Dual Jewel edition has the coolest box ever (though it's not as big as it looks).

I got it from a friend for christmas 2006 (after I gave him my old D3 CD's, which worked on his comp but not mine). Now we both have the game (and play each other in Vortex or LAN regularly).
Gold Leader wrote:...i ashume...
Gazundheit!
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Here are the sub folders to all the parts of the collection:

Descent Series

Descent 2 Series

Descent 3 Series

Descent Combo Packs

Descent Linux Series

Descent Macintosh series

Descent Playstation Series

Descent Books

Descent Mini Posters

Descent Mouse Pads

Descent Misc Items:

Descent Freespace Series

Descent Freespace 2 Series

Descent Freespace Combo Packs

Descent Freespace Books

This is probably one of my rarest items so far the Pre-Release version of a sealed Descent3: Mercenary USA which has a NOT FOR RESALE Decal on the box ,which is under the factory seal, I call tis one D3:Merc USA NFR for short xD

Click to Enter!

Great and many thanks to rottentreats for this one, a gift of many words 8) Image Image Image Image

So there you have it all 83 items, some may ask why i collect these well, Descent & Freespace have very well thought original designs and sicne day one they were released as demo's I got hooked to them and wanted only more and more and now this is my result, collecting these games has always been on my mind first you like it alot then it becoems an addition then it becomes an obsession, no matter the more I can find the greater the thrill!

The following items will be added to the collection, they are all in transist from USA to my place, in NL.

The Interplay 20th Anniversary Edition is finally achieved and obtained :)
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... eName=STRK
Image Image
Finally it is Mine :D :D

Also these parts are on their way:

The Framed Descent II Featured Magazine Cover Piece:

An Interplay envelope

The 3 CDR's (Scratched out Pre-Release or Beta-Release, Descent 1.0 burned disc, Beta/QA disc)

Stay tuned for more my friends of DXX-Rebirth, because with this there will be some Interplay goodies added as gift 8)

They come from the Interplay office, when it was shut down in 2004, thx to some nice contacts I was able to buy these original host CD's of the first ever printed on CD Descent Software as you can see it's Disk 0, thereby meaning this is the first one made with Descent 1.0, this was the game that went final this CD is the host and it's the only one in the enitre universe.

The other CD-R's also have Descent 1 and 2 alpha & beta software on them and they are also the only in existance in the world, the wall mount hung in the hallway near the Descent II segment of the interplay head office and the Interplay envelope is also from that main office building, this is in iotherwords the host software, where only one of exists, that are these ;D

Yeah this is where the heart of collecting just get's a tad more exciting, once these wonderful items arrive, prepare for a great photo shootout, I might even try one of them Descent beta's with DXX-Rebirth 0.56 ;)
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

What…no hat and tee shirt?
Firewheel
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Firewheel »

Gold Leader, that is an INCREDIBLE collection! Wow, I never even knew there was a Japanese release of Descent! 3D SHOOTING GAME indeed!

Also, what is Dimensions for Descent? I think I've seen that before but I have no idea what levels are on it.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Sadly my entire collection of Descent boxes was stolen when I was robbed (had to give it to insurance) and after I bought them again and split with my wife, she never game me that container with all those boxes and manuals. But i do own a Descetn Tshirt and Key chain and mouse pad and wodden name plate
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

@ Firewheel & CDN Merlin

Thanks for your replies, maybe you like to show them misc items you have CDN_Merlin :) that would be nice to see :)
Spidey wrote:What…no hat and tee shirt?
What no games, Posters, bookwork, original host alpha CD's...?

Oh Please ... posts like that read very annoying, if you have something to show, do feel free to post it, instead of posting rubbish like that :roll:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Rubbish? Screw you…that was actually a veiled compliment.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Hehe... I'm starting to believe that almost all conflicts stem from a miscommunication.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Spidey wrote:Rubbish? Screw you…that was actually a veiled compliment.
Meh , well over here in the European union it's not really seen as a friendly post nor compliment, you lack confidence and manners towards that of other nationalities, A I am not American, B I am Dutch/Australian/German so my english isn't like yours, it's different, thus my reply.

Although you must do what you feel is right of course ...
Isaac wrote:Hehe... I'm starting to believe that almost all conflicts stem from a miscommunication.
Good guess comrade, I am a European with a half Australian background, but also partually German.

My English is deffintely not American nor South American, it's European with an Australian accent, so what he typed came over as a strange and not welcome post, thus a miscommunication, probably, I am not sure though.

If I am not welcome here, please say it and I'll leave, as such thongs go, I have become very simple when it comes to such choices, hence I don't have time for flame wars with rectums on the net, simple and plain.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

What? DBB is full of the "unwanteds". It's what keeps us together. edit: Even the GAME is unwanted by most people! Stay!
Gold Leader wrote: as such thongs go
I just learned today that in Europe a thong is not known as wedgie-underwear for girls, as it is in proper English. They call sandals "thongs".
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I didn’t mean anything at all with my first post.

It was just banter.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Watch out he's European you rude American. :lol:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

When I eventually buy a new PS for my PC I will post pics.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Isaac wrote:What? DBB is full of the "unwanteds". It's what keeps us together. edit: Even the GAME is unwanted by most people! Stay!
Gold Leader wrote: as such thongs go
I just learned today that in Europe a thong is not known as wedgie-underwear for girls, as it is in proper English. They call sandals "thongs".
That was a typo Dobey for: "as such things go"

I have no time for nerve wrecking leeches that watch others over typo's and insult them..

I'm outa here.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I see, because being a baby solves everything. You misread my post, by the way.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gold Leader »

Isaac wrote:I see, because being a baby solves everything. You misread my post, by the way.
It seems that you don't see anything...

Use normal english and that could avoid such happenings..

Meh, it seems that most AMI's like you for example are kinda not seeing the point "because some one made a little Typo which is a very very tiny mistake and made it the biggest issue in the world... It seems you lack alot of confidence from that of others, you only care for your self, how embarrassing for the crowd, is it not?

Rather unusual to be honest, this is the only website of all other 40 where people are being rashional...even more uhm interesting...

A Chanceless Figure, that is what you are.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

You're such a tough guy. Edit: HAHA! Yeah, you're the smart guy.