If you weren't human, what would you be?

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

/me is listening to 1. DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames (04:56/07:20)

>.<

thank you so much roid
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Not me, cats are the ultimate in power(for their size, anyway) and athletics. Last thing I would be doing is sleeping!
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

If I was a real being, however, I'd prefer to be a Wolf. Mainly because of their capability of sticking together in one group.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Most people here seem to like cats and would want to be one. If you're going to fantasize, you'd want to be a smart, large and strong cat, but you wouldn't want to be one on this planet. Humans would just shoot you or poison and destroy your environment.

I was searching through the Star Wars Han Solo Trilogy book trying to find a good description of a Togoran for everybody but I guess I'll have to reread it to find the passage. They were mentioned in the most recent Star Wars novel series as well.

I did however find another species called the \"Trianii\" that is also a feline/humanoid type of creature that walks upright on two legs. This type of being seems to be a popular fantasy in sci-fi. Remember the \"Kilrathi\" in the Wing Commander video game (not the hairless ones depicted in the movie)? 8)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

tunnelcat wrote:I did however find another species called the "Trianii" that is also a feline/humanoid type of creature that walks upright on two legs. This type of being seems to be a popular fantasy in sci-fi. Remember the "Kilrathi" in the Wing Commander video game (not the hairless ones depicted in the movie)? 8)
i don't remember the movie, but now i have these mental images of anthromophic Mr Bigglesworths. it's pretty awesome up here (points to head)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Rent the Wing Commander DVD and see what I'm taking about. The Kilrathi are butt UGLY. Chris made them hairless for the movie, eeeeeeeech! What was he thinking. They were much more regal in the game.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

and the Kilrathi's brockades were nevar perfectry Regal anyway
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I think my personality is now a cross between a dolphin, a fox, and an otter. If I had to pick one of them to be, it would definetely be the fox. Plus, if there is going to be an 8th ice age, an arctic fox would be just the thing.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

i'm not really sure what other animal's personalities are like. I've only interacted with wild dolphins once, foxes are a devastating introduced species here and need to be killed on sight prettymuch (sorry, they are bad). Dunno wtf an otter is like, they make dams or something yeah?

I do wonder if we could make some kindof language that we can use to communicate with dolphins. They seem really smart and do have their own language - i wonder what life insights they have. Seriously. I'm not a furry but i really want to know this.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TIGERassault »

roid wrote:I do wonder if we could make some kindof language that we can use to communicate with dolphins. They seem really smart and do have their own language - i wonder what life insights they have. Seriously. I'm not a furry but i really want to know this.
I'm not sure that Dolphins do have a language, but that their clicks is the same as a dog's bark: only used to get attention about something, without meaning anything itself.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

they can communicate what they are doing to one another - to coordinate.

a group of trained dolphins is told by it's trainers (with a form of sign language) to do a random trick, only it has to be the same trick performed at once by all dolphins.

The dolphins go off, and can be heard clicking to one another for a little while as they (we imagine) figure out amongst themselves what trick to do. Then they all flawlessly do the same trick at once.

They communicated to one another what trick they were going to do. If we could completely de-cypher their language it'd be awesome.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

roid wrote:Dunno wtf an otter is like, they make dams or something yeah?
That's a beaver (which just happens to be the Canadian national animal). I don't know enough about otters to say anything but that they're mustelids (weasel family), very playful, and I like them.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

An Otter is not a Beaver. They are different animals. Beavers do chop down trees. Otters don't. Otters have long tails, Beavers have flat tails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I didn't mean that an otter was a beaver. I was just pointing out that Roid was refferring to a beaver.
Wings
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wings »

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 220247, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('necrooooooooo', 'poosttttttttttttttt')

Line : 251
File : functions_search.php

NECCRRROOOOOOO POSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

but
I'd like to be a bird.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

BTW - anyone who likes Descent and Dolphins should definetely read the Uplift Saga by David Brin. Those were probably the best books I've ever read. Especially Startide Rising.

EDIT: ([random thought] I think it would be fun to be an otter. Hmm...)

DEMENTED DOUBLE EDIT: I remember hearing somewhere that dolphins like synth music, like techno or trance. I can't remember where, it might even have been a DREAM, only I suspect it was one of the two times I was in the US, both of which everyone went to see the dolphins. Can someone confirm or deny this possible fact?

Yes, I do think it would be awesome to decode the dolphins' language, but then we should teach them to understand english, french, and spanish (because I think those are the three most common languages). Then we'd have something else to talk to! :D

TWISTED TRIPLE EDIT: I think I'll go watch the Demented Cartoon Movie now.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

roid wrote:they can communicate what they are doing to one another - to coordinate.

a group of trained dolphins is told by it's trainers (with a form of sign language) to do a random trick, only it has to be the same trick performed at once by all dolphins.

The dolphins go off, and can be heard clicking to one another for a little while as they (we imagine) figure out amongst themselves what trick to do. Then they all flawlessly do the same trick at once.

They communicated to one another what trick they were going to do. If we could completely de-cypher their language it'd be awesome.
Wait! I just had a thought! If dolphins have their own language, but we're training them, it's possible they could be training us too! That would be the coolest thing to happen in the course of history!!!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Klingon. K`Plah :)

either that or My 66 Belvedere
Aggressor Prime
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Aggressor Prime »

BSOD

Then all your base are belong to me!!!
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

Alter-Fox wrote:Wait! I just had a thought! If dolphins have their own language, but we're training them, it's possible they could be training us too! That would be the coolest thing to happen in the course of history!!!
by us learning howto replicate (ie: speak) their language - they essentially ARE training us. They sure arn't learning howto communicate in OUR natural languages :P

I guess the sign language that we made up to communicate with them is a middle ground. But WE came up with it, they didn't help for ★■◆●! Those lazy wet-eared sex-crazed legless..... uh, dolphins
I think I'll go watch the Demented Cartoon Movie now.
zeeky boogy doog?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Geckos are smarter than people give them credit for. They're good at communication and even have something of an empathy sense. They're just incompetent at life in general, because the things they're smart at are the things they don't need to survive.

EDIT: If I could be a mythical creature, I'd definetely be a griffin.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

roid wrote:
Alter-Fox wrote:Wait! I just had a thought! If dolphins have their own language, but we're training them, it's possible they could be training us too! That would be the coolest thing to happen in the course of history!!!
by us learning howto replicate (ie: speak) their language - they essentially ARE training us. They sure arn't learning howto communicate in OUR natural languages :P

I guess the sign language that we made up to communicate with them is a middle ground. But WE came up with it, they didn't help for *****! Those lazy wet-eared sex-crazed legless..... uh, dolphins
zeeky boogy doog?
Why should they help? They can't use sign language. And if it were middle ground both parties (human and dolphin) would be able to use it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

if only dolphins had opposable thumbs... if only.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I saw a show recently that featured video footage from a camera that had been strapped to the back of a falcon, showing it's forward point of view in flight. WOW! COOL! Being able to fly under your power looks FUN! Now I'm torn between wanting to be a Togoran or a large bird of prey, eagle or falcon maybe. :P

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/raptorfo ... rview.html
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I've read books on how birds fly, and it sounds like it would be harder than it looks!

Personally, I'm terrified of heights, but I love flying. (The one time I'm never scared is on an airplane.)
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

roid wrote:

I guess the sign language that we made up to communicate with them is a middle ground. But WE came up with it, they didn't help for *****! Those lazy wet-eared sex-crazed legless..... uh, dolphins
zeeky boogy doog?
Maybe they're trying to teach us how to understand them, but we're just not listening. I can easily see that happening.
Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

An android
Andy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Andy »

I have no idea. An attack helicopter or a pyro gl :)
If it has to be a living thing, then an Elite.
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

The one thing I most definetely would NOT want to be is a shape-shifter. It would be really depressing, because I'd have too many personal identities.