Anarchy Game for Descent 2

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

nitrotomato
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Anarchy Game for Descent 2

Post by nitrotomato »

I'm organising a semi-casual game of Descent 2 anarchy using D2X-XL via a tracker. I've never done this kind of thing before, but I would love to start getting involved with the community of this great game, and I haven't ever played Descent 2 online before :o. I wouldn't say I'm bad at descent itself though ;).

This game is open to everyone and anyone who wants to play, any advice on levels to be played would be lovely, I will play whatever the people want!

Some missions I think would be very fun to play are:

Noble Gases (Fantastic set of levels): http://www.povterminal.net/content.php? ... 2%20levels

Disintegration:
http://www.povterminal.net/descent/disi ... /index.htm

The game is scheduled (hopefully) for 19:30PM GMT, on Sunday June 8th. It can be changed, if necessary though.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

If you've never played D2 online before, you are in for a rough surprise. Back in 1997 after playing Descent 1 and D2 since they came out, I finally started to play online via KALI. I thought I was good. Boy was I wrong. It took me 3 months of playing 2-3 hours a night to get better than the average person.

You can always use Kali ( www.kali.net) to find others to play D1 or D2. We still are a bunch who play daily.
nitrotomato
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by nitrotomato »

Oh dear, that doesn't sound very promising :P.

On the subject of Kali, I have it, but I can't find Descent 2 under the list of servers. If someone could explain how I could find and join a game using D2X-XL, that would be wonderful.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

In Kali, open the list of server on the left side. Then look for the DESCENT server. Double click it and you will connect to it. This is where all Descent play right now.
nitrotomato
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by nitrotomato »

Thanks for the help, but I don't see a descent2 server, just a random bunch of games along with Descent 3. I am looking in the internet games section.

Edit: Sorry about this, I just have no idea what to do with Kali. I would love to get online soon. I love descent :). Could you give me some idea how to join a game?

Edit 2: I've got it now, sorry for any trouble caused.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

No trouble at all. Actually, in the forum marked Descent Multilpayer, I beleive there is a thread that is at the top with all instructions on how to join games etc.