True Descent Players

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
sniper725
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by sniper725 »

when someone in a dark room turns on a flashlight, you start shooting them.

when all your friends look like floating pyros

when you think the bully at school is the boss robot

when you play descent music while doing anything on the computer
in the end, sniper always wins...
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I play other music while playing Descent, never mind doing other things on the computer. :p
Tankie2
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Tankie2 »

You've been playing Descent too much when you leave the asphalt and detour through the drainage tunnels to get around the rush hour traffic on your drive home from work to play Descent.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

sniper725 wrote:when someone in a dark room turns on a flashlight, you start shooting them.

when all your friends look like floating pyros

when you think the bully at school is the boss robot

when you play descent music while doing anything on the computer
The only music better than Descent music is Sonic Heroes: Egg Fleet Zone! I'm almost always listening to one of the two.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Everytime you walk out of a door with a big \"EXIT\" sign above it, you yell out in a female voice \"SELF-DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED!\"
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Red_5 »

-You can relate people you know to Descent bots

-You draw the Pyro attacking people you don't like whenever you doodle
sniper725 wrote: when you play descent music while doing anything on the computer
Guilty as charged! I sometimes play the D1 Level 3 music while I'm not doing anything important.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Moon »

BUBBALOU wrote: Now lets finish this cause I have the whole list from like 10 years ago pfffft!
Actually the 'whole' list has been up on my pages for the better part of forever.
Nero
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Nero »

d3jake wrote:- You wonder what fool didn't program in a rear view in the game "America's Army"
Hah, yeah, well that'd be me.

Indy
Randor244
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Randor244 »

-When all the locks in you house have red, blue and gold keys.
Actually done that ;)

And of course I made small keycards out of small plastic boxes, painted in the same colours...

Just for fun of course, my brother (also a Descent maniac) was really surprised when he got home that day ;)
GUIDEBOT RULES!
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I used to make the different robots out of colored construction paper, years ago. I think I made Super Hulk, Class 2 Drone, Class 1 Platform, and something else.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

Rephrased for Clarity
BUBBALOU wrote: Now lets finish this cause I have the Orginal Community list from like over 10 years ago pfffft!
stick that in your news://alt.binaries.descent hat :P

notice i did not say news://alt.games.descent

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Andy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Andy »

Red_5 wrote:I used to make the different robots out of colored construction paper, years ago. I think I made Super Hulk, Class 2 Drone, Class 1 Platform, and something else.
Several years ago, I made the super and medium hulk out of legos :lol:
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

I tried doing a lego Pyro and it fell apart twice :-)
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

I have the Descent1 Level1 Midi as my Ring Tone. Multi player message \"Beep\" as new text notification, and the guide bot as my Voice Mail notification on my cell phone.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

TOR_LordRaven wrote:I have the Descent1 Level1 Midi as my Ring Tone. Multi player message "Beep" as new text notification, and the guide bot as my Voice Mail notification on my cell phone.
can not get enough?

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Well, when I shut down my PC, the exit windows sound is a blend of \"Self Destruct Sequence Activated\" and the hostage door exploding.

PC boot up sound is the extra life \"Gong\".
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'd use the D2 redbook main screen music as my ringtone if I was going to use Descent sounds. Or maybe 30 seconds of Vauss sound :D :D

I have wanted to change my text/VM notify sounds for a while, I'll have to take Descent's effects into consideration! Thx for the idea.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Testiculese wrote:I'd use the D2 redbook main screen music as my ringtone if I was going to use Descent sounds. Or maybe 30 seconds of Vauss sound :D :D

I have wanted to change my text/VM notify sounds for a while, I'll have to take Descent's effects into consideration! Thx for the idea.
The D1 Midi actually sounds pretty good on a Cell phone. Since most ring tones were midi files anyway. Newer ones are MP3, but its easy to convert it over.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Sedwick »

TOR_LordRaven wrote:Well, when I shut down my PC, the exit windows sound is a blend of "Self Destruct Sequence Activated" and the hostage door exploding.

PC boot up sound is the extra life "Gong".
I had a captured frame from one of the D2 level exit movies as my Windows shutdown screen!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

My shut down sound is the sound of the mine burning out when you run outta time. The Windows login sound is a blend of the D2 extra like and spawn in sound? It's the theme that's on PD. I've been slowly working on a D3 sound theme.

My Desk icons and such are all Descent and have been for years. Although, I use the \"doorbell\" sound from Babylon 5 for mail and messages alerts.
TOR_LordRaven
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TOR_LordRaven »

Does anyone know of a utility to extract the sounds from StarCraft? I always thought having the Dragoon voice assigned to things.
Moon
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Moon »

Get MPQ View.
Moon's Descendarium - THE single-player guide to Descent 1-3

Maintainer of The 'official' Descent 3 FAQ

Coming soon to a domain near you
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by MD-1118 »

Red_5 wrote:I tried doing a lego Pyro and it fell apart twice :-)
I actually built three different models - the GX, and two custom models I designed and designated GXA and GXB. Sadly, I have no pictures as I became extremely irate one sunny afternoon and threw the whole shebang at my mom. They missed, unfortunately, and smashed to bits against the wall. I was equally devastated. My mom was psychologically traumatised for two days. I'd gladly give up a month - hell, even a year of her sanity just to have my models back.

Note: Most of the pieces I used were included in the LEGO X-Wing Fighter set, although a few key pieces were ancient and probably irreplaceable. I'll see if I can piece one back together so I can get some pics up.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I did the Phoenix once, but I've long since taken it apart, and it didn't look that good anyway.
MadJoca
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by MadJoca »

you play counter strike, and try to make a Matrix moviment to dodge the bullets.