Turtle Beach News (Mobi)

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Turtle Beach News (Mobi)

Post by Jeff250 »

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/press/r ... 032304.asp

http://www.turtlebeach.com/site/product ... risons.asp

Unless you have some 7.1 optical speaker rig, the Santa Cruz almost seems still to be on top. Hopefully this means new drivers or something. Has anyone else noticed that the WHQL's, compared to the newest ones, are 10x better? Yeah, I did.
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

These cards r junk, stay away. As much as i loved the santa cruz, and as much as i was waiting for a new release from turtle beach, after reading about the catalina, this card is overpriced and not as technologically advanced as they make it sound. The sound processor they use is a cheap envy processor found on some other, twise less expensive cards.

I was very dissapointed reading about this.
Admiral LSD
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral LSD »

Max_T wrote:this card is overpriced and not as technologically advanced as they make it sound.
Sounds like another sound card manufacturer I know of...

Personally, I'd take Turtle Beach's junk over theirs any day of the week.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Except for the TB the other 2 do not have DSP's = utter joke. An onboard sound will eat up less resources
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

All I know is I replaced my S.B. card with th TBSC and all my problems went away.
Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Max_T »

yeah, tbsc is good, but the sound processor used on catalina is a cheap envy chip from via..it is found on other sound cards, which are at elast twice less expensive. catalina is vry dissapointing, get a santa cruz or something else.