Going fishing, wish me luck

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Going fishing, wish me luck

Post by Tunnelcat »

I'm going trout fishing with my father this week in the Central Oregon high lakes. Every time I go with him however, we get NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO! I think he's getting a little dejected over the bad luck we've had for the last few years. I'm hoping for better luck this time. He's getting old now and it would be nice if we caught some big ones. I'll let you guys know if we've had any success. :D
Jon the Great
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Jon the Great »

good luck
You be the hero, i'll be the creepy shopkeeper who shows up to save your butt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I've been there. First year fishing in the local river for Steelhead or King Salmon and I didn't get a bite.

They can be very tricky to catch when they're running if you don't know what you're doing, but it sounds like you're going for them outside of the run--in the lake. I don't know much about lake fishing--trolling (the most popular form, I gather, when it comes to salmonids)--so I wish you well.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Fertile fishy pixel dust is cast upon thee.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

@$#%! So far, only ONE little trout and a stinking chub from East Lake. The mojo's not working yet! Going to try Paulina Lake next. :roll:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

OK. Boring. Only caught two little Kokanee. Maybe next time.

But I have an interesting story to tell. When we were getting ready to pull the boat out of the water today, we had to wait for several others in front of us. Since it was so crowded, the guy waiting in front of us told a story about a shooting that occurred there a few years back. Apparently it was opening day and there were too many people trying to launch boats. One guy got mad at the other and shot him during an altercation over who was to launch first. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.

But of best part the story is what happened when this SAME guy in front of us goes to put his boat on a trailer. He backs the truck down the ramp, gets out to help his wife pull the boat up on the trailer and shuts his truck door. Okay, so far so good. When he returns to his truck to get in and drive it up the ramp, the driver's side door is LOCKED! And guess who locked it, a CAT that was inside. Apparently the cat stepped on the lock knob of the driver's door while trying to look out the window. The guy hadn't yet unlocked the passenger door, so IT was locked as well. ROFL! There the two of them were, blocking the only boat ramp, frantically trying to get any door open, all the while the cat was just sitting there looking out at all the commotion. And this was just after he'd told us about the shooting and now HE'S blocking the access ramp for about eight others waiting to leave, including us. Fortunately, one window was rolled down slightly and he was able to get the door open after some effort. The wife takes the cat and holds it while the husband sheepishly drives his truck out of the ramp, everybody there laughing at the situation. At least nobody was in a hurry. She was probably worried that he would strangle the cat for locking the door in the first place. I wish that I'd had my video camera along. It would've made a great YouTube video! Cheers! :lol:
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

I think Tunnelcat is responsible for the rising food prices.
SuperSheep
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by SuperSheep »

Fishing is all about the great outdoors, spending time with ones family/friends and getting away from it all.

Actually catching a fish is a bonus. :)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It's nice to do something with my dad, even though we didn't catch many fish. He's getting older and I may not have much more time to spend with him in the future. Any time I spend with him is now precious. Oh yes Cuda68, those two fish turned out to be the most expensive ever and the time spent getting them was priceless, not to mention the idiot with the door locking cat! :)