Why I Love Black Folk

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Why I Love Black Folk

Post by woodchip »

Where would we be without the intellectually challenged, racially sensitive African American. These are people on the other end of the spectrum from the likes of Ms Rice, J.C.Watts, Powell et al whom I very much respect. The racially sensitive black person like Rev Wright go a long way to showing how inept they are by lambasting whites as the source of black America's problems but in fact hold AA's from realizing their true potential.
So here is another instance that is even worse than the Florida teacher using the term \"denigrating\":

\" A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections \"has become a black hole\" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud \"Excuse me!\" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a \"white hole.\"

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term.\"
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

This is why racism will never die. The dumb ones cna't realize when they are not being insulted and this just proved it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

\"Ms Rice\" ?

Specifically which or rather whom are you speaking of? I have someone in mind, but I'm not sure they are the same individual.
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

Umm...

My response is only going to make you angrier.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

TIGERassault wrote:Umm...

My response is only going to make you angrier.
More than likely. You are very insulated from racism and reverse racism or being turned down for a job because they are short on minority's instead of basing it a persons skill and or experience. :wink:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Duper wrote:"Ms Rice" ?

Specifically which or rather whom are you speaking of? I have someone in mind, but I'm not sure they are the same individual.
As in Sec. of State.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Encouraging to know we have judges on the bench that don't know their ass from a black hole! :roll:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

ROFL Idiots
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

woodchip wrote:
Duper wrote:"Ms Rice" ?

As in Sec. of State.
Ah ok. Not the same person. There is a talkshow host here that is black and is very active in out state's politics and who's last name is Rice (and female). Thanks. :)
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

If that's rascist, then Chris Cornell had to of been shot by now!
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

This is why I'm always amused when people like Jackson and Sharpton get called on their words. Both men are such blowhards and enablers within their communities.

Incidentally, when did Jesse Jackson become the Jackson? When the headline ran \"Jackson's remarks about Obama,\" I had no idea to whom that was attributed.

For some reason, the default Jackson in my mind is probably Michael Jackson. :lol:
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

black hole a racial term..

LOL.. man that's retarded.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I think someone confused black hole with black ho.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

\"African-American.\" is completely illogical and confusing. Which part of Africa are we talking about? What about Egypt? Egypt is in Africa. Egyptians aren't black. They're like the people in India, they're dark brown white people. But they're Africans. So why wouldn't an Egyptian who becomes a U.S. citizen be an African-American? The same thing goes for the Republic of South Africa. Suppose a white from South Africa becomes an American citizen? Couldn't he also be called an African-American? What about a black person born in South Africa who moves here and becomes a citizen? What is he? An African-South-African-American? Or a South-African-African-American? How about a black woman who is a citizen of Jamaica? She's an African-Jamaican, right? But if she becomes a U.S. citizen, she's a Jamaican-American. If you saw her on the street, you'd call her an African-American. Unless he knew her personally in which case he would have to decide between African-Jamaican-American and Jamaican-African-American.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Testiculese wrote:"African-American." is completely illogical and confusing. Which part of Africa are we talking about? What about Egypt? Egypt is in Africa. Egyptians aren't black. They're like the people in India, they're dark brown white people. But they're Africans. So why wouldn't an Egyptian who becomes a U.S. citizen be an African-American? The same thing goes for the Republic of South Africa. Suppose a white from South Africa becomes an American citizen? Couldn't he also be called an African-American? What about a black person born in South Africa who moves here and becomes a citizen? What is he? An African-South-African-American? Or a South-African-African-American? How about a black woman who is a citizen of Jamaica? She's an African-Jamaican, right? But if she becomes a U.S. citizen, she's a Jamaican-American. If you saw her on the street, you'd call her an African-American. Unless he knew her personally in which case he would have to decide between African-Jamaican-American and Jamaican-African-American.
+1

blacks wish to call whites racist. some are but a minority at best. the black community does more to foster seperation from the general society and promote racism than any other nationality.

NAACP,
Black Panthers,
Black Entertainment TV,
The "Black internet pages",
National Association of Black Actors & Supporters
The Organization of Black Airline Pilots
National Organization of Black Chemists & Chemical Engineers.

these are just a few of the MULTITUDE of them.
And I won't even get into people like Jackson, Sharpton, and the now infamous Rev Wright

put white instead of black and they would scream bloody murder.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“African American” is a title, not a racial description…and every time I hear someone use it I get ready to see the “crown” from that old margarine commercial to appear. :P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Cuda, also add \"Congressional Black Caucus\". This one particularly galls me. Just what is the inference? The CBC is only there to promote blacks? Are there not white folk in their district? Asians? Latino's?

I see that women are protesting about \"Men at Work\" signs around const. zones. How about we protest the word \"Black\" when referring to any national organization?
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

I don't know whether I should be amused or incensed. That's just plain ignorant.
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

Seriously, you guys get worked up more about racism than blacks typically do.

Jesse Jackson, this idiot in Florida, etc... these are the vocal MINORITY in the Black community screaming about racism, etc...

The majority of us just don't really give a rats ass, and quite frankly, are being sick of being lumped into the same whining catagories as these vocal idiots who make the news with cries of false racism.

Racism exists, and we'll admit it, but the majority of us recognize true racism when we see it and when it's just plain bs.
Another Soul Korrupted
http://www.korrupted.net
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Admiral Thrawn wrote:Seriously, you guys get worked up more about racism than blacks typically do.

Jesse Jackson, this idiot in Florida, etc... these are the vocal MINORITY in the Black community screaming about racism, etc...

The majority of us just don't really give a rats ass, and quite frankly, are being sick of being lumped into the same whining catagories as these vocal idiots who make the news with cries of false racism.

Racism exists, and we'll admit it, but the majority of us recognize true racism when we see it and when it's just plain bs.
Wait, are you saying Floridians are ignorant? I demand an apology! :D
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Admiral Thrawn wrote:Seriously, you guys get worked up more about racism than blacks typically do.

The problem is Thrawn, that there is no vocal majority willing to counter what the vocals are saying. So we get the impression when someone like Rev Wright starts spewing race hate and the camera shows the whole congregation rising up cheering what is being said, that black racism is approved by the masses.
Then when we hear someone like Bill Cosby telling black parents to be responsible parents and for black children to do the best that they can and to learn to speak english, all we get are the vocal minority saying Cosby is a Uncle tom.
When someone like Condoleeza Rice presents conservative views, she too is chopped.

So tell me Thrawn, who are we to believe if no one counters your vocal minority?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

woodchip wrote:

The problem is Thrawn, that there is no vocal majority willing to counter what the vocals are saying. So we get the impression when someone like Rev Wright starts spewing race hate and the camera shows the whole congregation rising up cheering what is being said, that black racism is approved by the masses.
Then when we hear someone like Bill Cosby telling black parents to be responsible parents and for black children to do the best that they can and to learn to speak english, all we get are the vocal minority saying Cosby is a Uncle tom.
When someone like Condoleeza Rice presents conservative views, she too is chopped.

So tell me Thrawn, who are we to believe if no one counters your vocal minority?
Good Point
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

This is an explosive direction to take this. While I agree its much more than a small minority. It is also more than just one race thats pissed off. Also if its in a city as there are more poor people in cities. The poor tend to be minorities of many races and they are angry at the small amount of help thats available and things are getting worse.
So lets keep sending money to the starving masses over sea's instead of helping out our own poor. :roll:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

well maybe if we stopped feeding, clothing and providing medicare and social services the Illegals here in this country then maybe we'd be ABLE to feed the poor minorities better.

I have a buddy that is from Guatemala, about a year ago when they started hard and heavy about the immigrants he went to his Government rep. he was told BY that rep if he was going to get deported to grab as many credit cards as he could and to max them out and send his stuff home before they deported him, then he could default on his cards and they would have no recourse.

WTF is that all about?!?!?!? :shock:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

CUDA wrote:well maybe if we stopped feeding, clothing and providing medicare and social services the Illegals here in this country then maybe we'd be ABLE to feed the poor minorities better.

I have a buddy that is from Guatemala, about a year ago when they started hard and heavy about the immigrants he went to his Government rep. he was told BY that rep if he was going to get deported to grab as many credit cards as he could and to max them out and send his stuff home before they deported him, then he could default on his cards and they would have no recourse.

X2 - In any other country they would be sent packing right away. cya bye
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

CUDA wrote:well maybe if we stopped feeding, clothing and providing medicare and social services the Illegals here in this country then maybe we'd be ABLE to feed the poor minorities better.

wow. and people wonder why the natives get cranky. :roll:
Admiral Thrawn
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral Thrawn »

It's countered all of the time, through action. Like I said before, the majority really don't care. We ignore all of the bs coming from the sensationalist media, and loudmouths like Jesse Jackson. We continue busting our asses as we have done from day to day.

Personally, I don't feel the need to stand on a soapbox and say \"Hey! I'm busting my ass, I take care of my family, I don't do drugs, etc..\" The reason being is that being a member of society, it's something that I'm EXPECTED to do. To brag or bring what I contribute as being above and beyond what's actually considered normal in this country is actually somewhat demeaning.

Sort of along the same lines of when people tell me that \"I'm well spoken\". All I can say is this. Close your ears to all of the crap and drama you see in the news and just look with your own eyes. Observe the blacks on your job, at your church, the ones that live in your neighborhood. And then ask yourself. Do the majority act like the ones you see on TV? Most of the time, you won't really notice. Why? Because they are normal people like you and therefore slip under the radar.
Another Soul Korrupted
http://www.korrupted.net