The Dark Knight

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

How do you rate Dark Knight?

4 stars
74%
3 stars
10%
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes
Whatever
16%

Total votes: 31
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

The Dark Knight

Post by Red_5 »

I saw it at midnight, and I must say; that is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I'm interested to hear what you all have to say!
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

going to see it in an hour, i'll rate it then
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

I have not seen it yet, so I will hold my vote :o

But the reviews off of Yahoo are very positive.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/dark-kn ... views.html
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Awesome - best Batman movie ever. And keep an eye out for the Watchmen trailer before...
si vis pacem, para bellum
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Haven't seen it yet and wont be able to for 2 weeks. The suspense is killing me.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Could not have been more satisfied, the whole plot was filled with action and it felt very meaty in that respect, it didn't have much filler it was all gold.
Darknight
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Darknight »

Well what did you expect? :P
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

My friends and I saw it last night in a packed theater. Although the movie was good I gave it only two and a half stars...three on your list because I thought it was a half hour too long and some of the scenes were too dark and \"in your face\" to suit me. I compared this movie to Spiderman which I thought was done much better.

With me, even fiction movies have to have some semblance of believability. Things that could work and things that would be impossible. For example, I believe that a person could glide wearing a modified batsuit but I can't believe someone could bring that many barrels of oil into a hospital without it being noticed....

Heath Ledger should be given a posthumous award for one of the best performances I've seen. He was a genius who stole the show. Christian Bale? I wish he lived next door to me :)

Bee
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Being dragged off to see it now.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

http://www.datelinehollywood.com/dateli ... t-seq.html
Dark Knight sequel to be directed by Uwe Boll, star Patrick Dempsey

\"The Dark Knight\" may be racking up rave reviews and breaking ticket sales record, but fans are already salivating to know: when will we get a sequel?

Dateine Hollywood has the surprising answer: Warner Bros. has lined up stylish German director Uwe Boll (\"Postal,\" \"Bloodrayne\") to direct a sequel coming out in 2009 that will be called \"The Dark Knight Forever.\" And now that Christian Bale is moving onto other projects, the studio has picked another star to take his place as Batman: every lady's favorite TV pretty boy, Patrick Dempsey (pictured left, with Boll).

\"We established a very successful pattern for our 'Batman' movies in the '90s of first producing two dark, moody, well respected films and then following them up with big budget debacles helmed by a hack director and starring good looking, dull actors,\" said Warner Bros. production CEO Alan Horn. \"We're very excited to have the opportunity to drive a new 21st century 'Batman' franchise into the ground in the same way.\"

According to sources, a team of 13 screenwriters is already working on \"The Dark Knight Forever,\" which will feature Bat-villains Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, and King Tut teaming up against Dempsey's Batman and new allies Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman and Ace, the Bat-hound.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Sure, what is this, April Fool's?
si vis pacem, para bellum
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Just came out of the theater five minutes ago, good show.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

If the sequel will be with Dempsey, it will suck. They can't keep changing the cast. Why the original movies sucked.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Best movie to date this year.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

I think Top Wop's post is fake.

I loved this damn movie.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Money! wrote:I think Top Wop's post is fake.
More accurately, the site he quoted is some kind of not-that-funny attempt at humor. "Britney Spears awarded custody of Kobe and Shaq"? There's a funny idea somewhere in that area, but their particular version isn't funny.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I liked it. If the poll was still up I'd give it 3 1/2. I'd say 4 stars out of 5 for standard rating systems to be more fair.

I thought it was good, very moody, very dark. I disagree Bett about him taking in the barrels of oil. Consider the fact that he had every single member of every mafia or gang working with him.

The moment that I thought was a little stupid was when they were driving through the underground tunnel because they blew up a truck. There was another lane going the wrong way and not a single car coming down the street to worry about. So... uh... why not break a small law and go in the other lane rather than risking being blown to hell.

Next up, didn't the tumbler have a rocket launcher in it? Why was that never used rather than ramming the truck? Even though, that was pretty darn cool.

By the way, I didn't hear what was said at the end. The most crucial part of the ending of the movie and I couldn't even hear it over the rest of the sounds in the movie. I felt like that part needed to be re-dubbed.

How do you do the spoiler tag... forgot how now...
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Re:

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Gonna try and see it on Saturday or Sunday.
Can't wait. :D

[]V[]essenjah wrote:How do you do the spoiler tag... forgot how now...
As far as I know....
The spoiler tag don't work here. So as long as everyone here is using a black background or Board Style: DescentBB.
You can use the tags like so: [spoiler]use the color tag and the color black to hid the text[/spoiler] <---- just highlight whats in between the spoiler tags. ;)
TIGERassault
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TIGERassault »

I have honestly never heard of the movie before this thread.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

TIGERassault wrote:I have honestly never heard of the movie before this thread.
How do you access the internet? Did you know we landed on Mars? Humans have colonized Jupiter already?

I guess you are a hermit. ;)
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I only heard about it because I saw a preview at another movie. Since I got a DVR, now even on the rare occasions when I do watch TV, I still skip the commercials.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Great movie.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

Lothar wrote:
Money! wrote:I think Top Wop's post is fake.
More accurately, the site he quoted is some kind of not-that-funny attempt at humor. "Britney Spears awarded custody of Kobe and Shaq"? There's a funny idea somewhere in that area, but their particular version isn't funny.
Thank you Mr. Funny Detective.

Everyone else who believed it to be true is gullible. It should have been obvious if you have used more than one brain cell. :roll:
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

Man, I must add my 2 cents, I say that Heath Ledger's acting is some of the best I've ever seen. It's too bad he died, I think he was nominated for an Oscar...

Holy cow, I can't get over how good that was!
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Messenjah, I think the tumbler did have a rocket launcher, but he had to be in \"weapons mode\" or whatever and he didn't have time to shift into it before ramming the truck.

Good call on the lane, lol. I got no arguement for that.

SPOILER (not too bad, though)
The end, with Gordan's little monologue about Batman... that's the part you missed? Because it was soooo sweet. The music, the footage of Batman as he is rollin' around on his cycle, and Gordan's words all come together in a totally epic fashion.
/SPOILER

I just saw this movie for the second time. I plan on seeing it again in IMAX.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I might go to the theatre to see this one. I'll wait until the last day so I don't have to deal with the crowd.

Or I'll buy that new TV I've been looking at and thumb my nose at the theatre yet again.

oh wait, there's an IMAX near me...
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Was pretty good but I missed some things so im going to see it again.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

Damn fine. But, is anyone else a little grated by Bale's Batman voice? It sounds too forced to me. I prefer it to be more like that of Michael Keaton or The Animinated Series.
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

I don't bats would risk the off chance of someone identifying him by voice print.

I wouldn't be surprised if its explained by a voice box or something.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Saw it a second time, very good movie. I missed some things the first time around.

I think its important that he has a forced, different voice so that no one would recognize him. That and I think it fits his dark character, he's supposed to be menacing. I think Keaton did a bit of it too, but not to that degree.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

man. I couldn't asked for a better show. They kept the gore to a minimum, no sex (nothing gratuitous) and language was reasonable. The violence (IMO) should have given it an R rating rather than PG-13.

Heath Ledger hit Joker spot on! A total nut job that new it, was in control (more or less) but just simply didn't care. Great story on Bruce Wain's character. Torn and troubled, but gets it worked out in the end. (again, more or less) Loved the ending. it was perfect and a surprise. It is very reminisce of the original Batman movie with the Joker.
I'm wondering who they will cast when the Riddler comes along.

The movie score was fantastic. The violin really got to me though after bit. o.0

My two favorite scenes were both with Morgan Freeman:

\"maybe you should read the directions\"
and where he shuts that office lacky's threat down. :lol:
(I wish I had the quote to that)

I think I'll go see it again at IMax ,... but there are still about 6 movies i want to go see!! gah!!