Killing time in Washington DC

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Killing time in Washington DC

Post by Cuda68 »

This is exactly what I mean when I say only the crooks will be armed when you take away the peoples arms and leave them defenseless against the gangs and street violence. Anything can be had on the black market weather its drugs or guns. They will go after the week and defenseless before going into an area that they know there victims are armed.
It is against the law in DC to have a hand gun, period, or a rifle that is not disassembled.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7526065.stm
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

“It is against the law in DC to have a hand gun, period, or a rifle that is not disassembled.”

Supreme Court of the land shot down that law. Do they get an appeal?
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Your right, I should have said was, but still its way to soon to think they have armed themselves yet.
Genghis
DBB Newbie
DBB Newbie

Post by Genghis »

I saw an article that said on the day handguns became legal in D.C., only one person showed up to register. He was turned away because he didn't bring his gun with him to register. (I'm not sure how it was legal to carry the unregistered gun to the registration office)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Genghis wrote:(I'm not sure how it was legal to carry the unregistered gun to the registration office)
good point. :?

reminds me of the story my grandpa told of how he got his first driver's license.

He jumped into his truck (after crank starting it) and drove down to the police station. They guy there asked him how he got there and my young grandpa told he drove. The cop filled out his driver's license right there and sent him on his way.

(remember back in that day they had to double clutch :P) He used to tell me (with a smile) that syncromesh was for sissys!
:)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm....in Michigan you have to take your newly purchased pistol to the police station to have it registered. You keep it in the case it came in and nothing loaded. How else would you register a firearm?
The police want to physically see it and the number on it. Nothing strange about it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

well yeah. I assumed that. Genghis's question was one of those interesting paradoxical ones. kinda like \"Fat chance\" and \"slim chance\" or some such. (yes yes.. i know those aren't questions.) :lol: