A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post on Server Ops Forum

Post by Canuck »

http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/v ... .php?t=531

Please respond, I don't get a banned message games just don't show up on my list. An explanation or some common decency would be appreciated. I will post this for all to see;

I do not hack, modify my table files, or employ hardware to cheat in Descent, matter of fact I am capped at 60 HZ. I will use every weapon and tactic at my disposal to down as many ships as I can before dying in Descent Anarchy, use it or lose it is my motto in those games.

I'll play the Server, lagged players, and low ping, (ask the German players how many times I've been in Ascent with 300 ping vs everyone else's < 20). I don't care as long as I have fun. I have purchased the fastest Internet package I can in this area, don't complain about lag to me as I've done everything possible on my end to reduce it. Banning players because they have lag simply because they are located on another Continent has got to be a new low in Descent. OK thanks bye.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

You may be banned by IP on a local router but more likely it's a networking problem along the route.

Banning you for lag would be really up to the server op running that server -- their server, their money, their decision.
ImageImage
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

All the server-ops I can think of know you play clean, C. Not sure why a ban would have been placed, but with a normal ban (via the hosts.deny on the server) you'd be able to see the game, just not join it.

Can you get into the games by entering the IP manually?
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Cant get into games entering IP addy manually. I get no games listed when I try and join anything DeepBlue. This happened shortly after a few games of being called a hacker by several players. Could be a routing issue but other overseas servers show up just fine... too much like coincidence to me. Perhaps I pounded on a server OP and this is their way of getting back, I dunno seems petty and insecure to me. But if I were running a server and someone beat me on my own machine I wouldn't ban them, especially if they had a 250+ ms disadvantage. How are the Germans going to spawn kill me in Ascent now?
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

You may have a better chance to talk to the DIII guys over in the german D3 forum.
ImageImage
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Weasleteats - did you join with a different name?

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by Do_Checkor »

Canuck wrote: How are the Germans going to spawn kill me in Ascent now?
Well just join the Descentforum.NET Servers and kick their asses there. That server is mainained by myself and I would not ban you - or even put your IP (-range) into the blacklist of the firewall - what most likely happened to you here.

If it was just Wormaus aka atomchen who accused you I'd give a ★■◆● about it if I was you. But if several people called you a hacker your internet connection to the server must have sucked donkey balls.

Seriously: DIII-Deep Blue Ops are a bit lose if it comes to bans - we know that.

FncX it Canuck! We know you better! I'll give the guy over at DB a hint that he has been paranoid again and he'll unban you there.

In the meantime: Go and cheat on my servers ;-) :lol:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

My connect that day was around 186 ms, not too shabby for overseas, and I had no loss to speak of. I was just having a good day and on a kill streak. And thanks for the invite to your servers I will show up.
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by grizz »

What Grendel said. Once in a while for me a hop goes bad between Arizona and Texas, and I can't access the DRH. I will get discoe'd without warning if I'm in a game when it happens.
I can see the games on the .cx tracker, but they don't show up on my computer. Can't access the RIP forums when that happens either.
It usually comes back before too long, but I've had it last all day.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Back On!

Post by Canuck »

Thank-you DIII Serverops... back on :)