F**king WMA files!

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

F**king WMA files!

Post by Dakatsu »

So, I noticed for some reason, that I was missing some music in my playlist, so I decided to go and click on the song... and apparently large portions of my library will not play, in any media player. So far all of these songs are \"Protected\", so I know already know it has to do with licensing. Anyone know how I can get these songs to work?
heftig
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by heftig »

Did you reinstall Windows or something? How did you get those files?
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Nothing, they played fine about a week ago, and I didn't reinstall WMP or Windows.

I forgot wether I copied the files from my old computer, or ripped them from the CDs I bought. In either case, I have had them for a while working fine, and if I transferred the files, that was from January 08, when my computer was really screwed up and I had to nuke the hard drive.
heftig
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by heftig »

That's really weird. If they are DRM-protected, they should have stopped playing after the nuke.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

heftig wrote:That's really weird. If they are DRM-protected, they should have stopped playing after the nuke.
That was my thought too, so I really don't know what happened. I am concerned about these files, because the original CD copies are pretty screwed up right now.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

The best you could hope for would be to burn the music in audio cd format (with .CDA files as a result) and re-rip them, unless there's some program that I'm not aware of. Though depending upon how much music you have, that could be a might bit costly.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Dakatsu: I might be able to help, check your PMs.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

And, when you rip, I'd recommend cdex, or something that makes ogg's. I don't used MS or Apple to rip.