A Media Center Question

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

A Media Center Question

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

Hello everyone. I wanted to cancel my TV service for in place of a media center or something else maybe of that nature. My question is: Is there a media center out there to access multiple TV programs from the internet at one time? Then, stream the different tv programs to different televisions in the house via coaxal? As i said, im really thinking about getting rid of cable and was just curious of an alternative. Thanks to anybody in advance...
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

There are several ways to do that, are you planning to pull digital off-airs also or a satellite?
Are you looking to build a media center or looking for one that is pre-built? Usually for a custom application like this you'd probably want to build one.

This is more for commercial applications, but you could use a card like this:
http://www.sencore.com/products/modulators/125
for your output to your TV's You can use multiple cards also. You just combine them by sending them through a splitter backwards, then through an amplifier before feeding the coax splitters that goto your TV's.
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Nergen-Ak1-Defender
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nergen-Ak1-Defender »

I am not planning on the off air thing. I just wanted to stream multiple internet tv channels to real tvs. But there has to be a middle man so, thats why i thought of this. Would there be a program to do so though?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sounds like you need a WMC extender or few, if you have a puter with WMC on it, look up extenders under online media. (Vista) I don’t know where to look in XP.