IronMan! (Revisited?)

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

IronMan! (Revisited?)

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

I just saw IronMan on blu-ray, I tell you what, this movie ROCKS! Not just because IronMan reminds me of BattleArmor (well, before?), the action rocks! Even though, I haven't read any ironman comics before, but still, it's awesome.
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Yeah. It's a great movie. I saw it twice in the theater and I hardly never see a movie more than once there.

A friend of mine went to see it 6 times. Little excessive I think but still a good movie.
Why doesn't it work?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I still haven't seen it. I didn't have anyone to go with while it was in the theatre, and Netflix doesn't have it yet. I wait.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Saw it on midnight opening, it was good but some stuff was a stretch.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Saw it once in the theater, and it's also next on my NetFlix queue.

I just recently got a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive (got it cheap on Craigslist) for the computer hooked up to my TV... oh, man, HD movies look awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to Iron Man.

Honestly, I'm actually starting to prefer watching movies at home over watching them in the theater - my little sound system is perfect for the room, 1080p looks great, no projector 'shake' like my local theater seems to always have... and soft drinks don't cost me $4.75. 8)
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I'm sure you've seen my previous anti-theatre rant(s) so you know I fully agree with you, Foil :)

And at home, softdrink=beer! Can't get that at the local AMC (except for the theatre in Philly, which has an in-theatre bar!)

What did you pay for the HD drive?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I got the LG GGC-H20L via Craigslist for under $80 (it was used, but the guy demo'd it for me, so I knew it worked).

It's perfect for my home-theater box, as it plays both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD flawlessly. I was a bit worried about what I had heard about the included OEM PowerDVD software being limited to 2-channel audio, but it turns out that if I run the audio through the HDMI on my ATI 3450 (which I also highly recommend for a home-theater box, due to it being fanless), that limitation doesn't apply.

[Edit: Gah, Netflix is showing Iron Man Blu-Ray as having a \"wait\" for availability... it may be a couple weeks before I get it. (sigh)]
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I flew from Ottawa to Halifax last month and started to watch this movie. I enjoyed it until the Captain came on the speaker to tell us we were descending. Then the movie stopped. It took us 30 min to land which would of been enough time to finish the movie. I wasn't impressed.