A Very Pleasurable Experience!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Mr. Necktie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

A Very Pleasurable Experience!

Post by Mr. Necktie »

Hey, all.

For a long time now, I've been putting off more and more (google for zrun.dcb) playing Descent 3 and getting a no-Cd patch (1.4) for it. I finally caved just last night, and when I was able to play it this afternoon, I was astonished that I waited this long to play D3 multiplayer.

Now, as a first-timer (although I've been playing Descent singleplayer since roughly 1994), I was thoroughly impressed with the hospitality of the players and their encouragement to stay on, even when the ping got high.

And spike it did, reaching 250 in some places, with the real problem being a steady 33% - 66% packet loss.

Still, through all of the lag misery we've all known over the years, I am thoroughly astonished at how much fun I had. I expected a more hard-core, nitty-gritty, noob-owning session, but this was, in all honesty, more fun than Team Fortress 2.

So, to all of the people who played on DIII DeepBlue 3 AC between 4 and 6 EST, a hearty thank you. I am hooked.

See you in the mines!
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Well HELLO! and WELCOME!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Hello and welcome! We're always glad to have new players.

You may have better luck with your connection on a US-based server (Descent Retirement Home, RIP Rockies, VON, Grendel, Crypt, or AAC) rather than a German server (DeepBlue, zeta-aquilae, descentforum.net). The players on all those servers are pretty nice, but you'll find it easier to learn the game with a more stable connect.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I read the topic title and expected to see a spambot linking to enlargement medication.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Sirius wrote:I read the topic title and expected to see a spambot linking to enlargement medication.
if that were the case, you wouldn't have even seen it. :)
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

LOL Fernii!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

All the noob-owners either don't play or have moved on. Have fun!
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

Jesus Freak wrote:All the noob-owners either don't play or have moved on. Have fun!
You've moved?

Notice I didn't say "on."

Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Money! »

Jesus Freak wrote:All the noob-owners either don't play or have moved on. Have fun!
Na we still got beh n z goin.

Welcome tho Mr. Necktie. Always nice to have a new player. Be patient and you will get better and better! There are a lot of good players out there.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

I haven't been around much for the past month, but I don't think Behe and Zero even play much. I haven't seen them on aim, for one. I think Javed is at college now. Last I talked to him, this past summer was the \"end of D3\" for him. For most people, that means they will be afk for a few years then pop their head back into the scene for a bit.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Yeah we've kinda been on hiatus