Obama's famous associate...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Obama's famous associate...

Post by Nightshade »

John M. Murtagh
Fire in the Night
The Weathermen tried to kill my family.
30 April 2008

During the April 16 debate between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up “a gentleman named William Ayers,” who “was part of the Weather Underground in the 1970s. They bombed the Pentagon, the Capitol, and other buildings. He’s never apologized for that.” Stephanopoulos then asked Obama to explain his relationship with Ayers. Obama’s answer: “The notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was eight years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn’t make much sense, George.” Obama was indeed only eight in early 1970. I was only nine then, the year Ayers’s Weathermen tried to murder me.

In February 1970, my father, a New York State Supreme Court justice, was presiding over the trial of the so-called “Panther 21,” members of the Black Panther Party indicted in a plot to bomb New York landmarks and department stores. Early on the morning of February 21, as my family slept, three gasoline-filled firebombs exploded at our home on the northern tip of Manhattan, two at the front door and the third tucked neatly under the gas tank of the family car. (Today, of course, we’d call that a car bomb.) A neighbor heard the first two blasts and, with the remains of a snowman I had built a few days earlier, managed to douse the flames beneath the car. That was an act whose courage I fully appreciated only as an adult, an act that doubtless saved multiple lives that night.

I still recall, as though it were a dream, thinking that someone was lifting and dropping my bed as the explosions jolted me awake, and I remember my mother’s pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn’t leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside. The same night, bombs were thrown at a police car in Manhattan and two military recruiting stations in Brooklyn. Sunlight, the next morning, revealed three sentences of blood-red graffiti on our sidewalk: FREE THE PANTHER 21; THE VIET CONG HAVE WON; KILL THE PIGS.

For the next 18 months, I went to school in an unmarked police car. My mother, a schoolteacher, had plainclothes detectives waiting in the faculty lounge all day. My brother saved a few bucks because he didn’t have to rent a limo for the senior prom: the NYPD did the driving. We all made the best of the odd new life that had been thrust upon us, but for years, the sound of a fire truck’s siren made my stomach knot and my heart race. In many ways, the enormity of the attempt to kill my entire family didn’t fully hit me until years later, when, a father myself, I was tucking my own nine-year-old John Murtagh into bed.

Though no one was ever caught or tried for the attempt on my family’s life, there was never any doubt who was behind it. Only a few weeks after the attack, the New York contingent of the Weathermen blew themselves up making more bombs in a Greenwich Village townhouse. The same cell had bombed my house, writes Ron Jacobs in The Way the Wind Blew: A History of the Weather Underground. And in late November that year, a letter to the Associated Press signed by Bernardine Dohrn, Ayers’s wife, promised more bombings.

As the association between Obama and Ayers came to light, it would have helped the senator a little if his friend had at least shown some remorse. But listen to Ayers interviewed in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, of all days: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.” Translation: “We meant to kill that judge and his family, not just damage the porch.” When asked by the Times if he would do it all again, Ayers responded: “I don’t want to discount the possibility.”

Though never a supporter of Obama, I admired him for a time for his ability to engage our imaginations, and especially for his ability to inspire the young once again to embrace the political system. Yet his myopia in the last few months has cast a new light on his “politics of change.” Nobody should hold the junior senator from Illinois responsible for his friends’ and supporters’ violent terrorist acts. But it is fair to hold him responsible for a startling lack of judgment in his choice of mentors, associates, and friends, and for showing a callous disregard for the lives they damaged and the hatred they have demonstrated for this country. It is fair, too, to ask what those choices say about Obama’s own beliefs, his philosophy, and the direction he would take our nation.

At the conclusion of his 2001 Times interview, Ayers said of his upbringing and subsequent radicalization: “I was a child of privilege and I woke up to a world on fire.”

Funny thing, Bill: one night, so did I.

John M. Murtagh is a practicing attorney, an adjunct professor of public policy at the Fordham University College of Liberal Studies, and a member of the city council in Yonkers, New York, where he resides with his wife and two sons.
http://www.city-journal.org/2008/eon0430jm.html
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

I find it interesting that back in April, Fox covered Barack's association with William Ayers, yet apparently in a final attempt to smear Obama, they need to bring it up again 6 months later. Obama overcame Clinton despite these attacks on his character, and I believe he will overcome McCain as well.

I was interested to find a video entitled 'Israelis for Obama' on youtube. Search for it. I'd think Obama would be anti-Israel if he were Muslim...

Sean Hannity is the name you need to look for in order to find the origin of these attacks on Obama. Why don't we take a look at Sean Hannity's associations, eh?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

1.Hannity isnt running for president.
2.Hannity is an ★■◆●.
3.the university of Ill refused to release document about the Obama/Ayers association until the last week or so.
4.here is a partial list of some of Obama's \"questionable\" associates

http://www.barackobamaassociates.info/ this is just one of the many site that have them listed. and I'm not going to go into depth on them. research it for yourselves and make your own choice
William Ayers

former member of the Weathermen - a domestic terrorist organization during Vietnam that bombed military recruiting centers

has no regrets and wishes he bombed more

gathered money with the help of Obama and filtered it to a professor at NYU (i think?) that was the head of the Press Office for the Palestinian government from the early 70's to early 80's and suspected ties to PLO.

sat on the Woods Fund board.

Obama attended a party at Ayers house when first starting in politics
Tony Rezko

Rezko found guilty on 16 charges, acquitted on 8. (Please see link below)
entered a shady land deal with Obama that effectively allowed Obama to buy a house at a $300,000 discount
recieved $3.5 million \"loan\" from Auchi 3 weeks before the land deal that likely allowed Rezko to help Obama in land deal
the New York Times has reported that Rezko's role in the purchase of Obama's South Chicago estate in 2005 may have been an attempt to shield assets from creditors in several lawsuits pending at the time. How much Obama himself knew about Rezko's finances is unknown. We do know that Rezko did a walk-through of the home prior to the sale, even though his wife would be listed as the new owner of the empty lot next door. (See Obama's October surprise)
Auchi is an Iraqi born billionaire banker who was accused of laundering money for Khadafi and Saddam by Belgian officials. The Pentagon has identified Auchi as a former bagman for Saddam Hussein. This London-based financier is one of the world's richest men, convicted of fraud in 2003 over the notorious European Elf affair, the largest scandal in post-war Europe.
anti-Israel
Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. was the Senior Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ (TUCC), a mega church in Chicago with around 10,000 members. In early 2008, Wright retired after 36 years as the Pastor of his congregation.

\"The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is \"inflammatory rhetoric,\" including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own \"terrorism.\" (ABC News, http://abcnews.go.com/blotter/story?id=4443788)

Wright is a known associate and fan of Louis Farrakhan
met and praised Quadaffi, who he called one of the great leaders in African liberation movement
heads a church that teaches congregation to \"throw off chains of white people\" and get back to African roots aka Black Liberation Theology
rabidly anti-Israel
written articles and made speeches in support of Hamas, Hezbollah, and the PLO
Louis Farrakhan (born Louis Eugene Walcott, May 11, 1933), is the acting head of the Nation of Islam (NOI) as the National Representative of Elijah Muhammad. He is also well-known as an advocate for African American interests and a critic of American society. Farrakhan currently resides in Kenwood, an affluent neighborhood on the south side of Chicago, and part time at a Nation of Islam farm in New Buffalo, Michigan.
The \"Cousin\" - Odinga

The \"Cousin\" - Odinga (cousin is in quotations because actual blood relations is in question)

self-proclaimed Kenyan Christian

made campaign promise to institute Sharia law in muslim territories

recieved campaign financing from Khadafi

Obama campaigned on his behalf to such an extent that Kenya made a formal complaint to State Dept.

attempted a coup after he lost the election

Marxist educated in Soviet Union

rabidly anti-Israel
Rashid Khalidi

director in Beirut of the official Palestinian press agency, FAFA

received a $70,000 grant to the Arab American Action Network, from the Woods Fund

held a fundraising event in his home for Barack Obama

Khalidi has direct ties to the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO)

Khalidi, Ayers & Obama taught at the University of Chicago
Abongo (Roy) Obama -

Barack Obama's Brother

former Christian, radical muslim convert
supporter of Odinga (the cousin) and wants to institute Sharia law
Marxist (i believe also educated in Soviet Union, but not sure)
wants Barack to convert \"back\" to Islam and to throw off his western beliefs and find his African roots
rabidly anti-Israel
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gandalf Stormcrow wrote:...Why don't we take a look at Sean Hannity's associations, eh?
That's really a lame deflection of scrutiny for Obama's team to make and they are trying to use it now. Obama working with a militant radical who escaped being imprisoned for terrorism against the U.S. only on a technicality not because he was innocent is a little different than Hannity having someone on TV for an interview!
Who you choose to work with demonstrates your agenda and desires. Who you choose to interview demonstrates who you want to expose to the public.

Really lame to see Obama's man use that as a deflection of the issue. He had at least a couple hours if not days to come up with something and that's the best they could come up with?!
Makes me think they're afraid to get into the details...oh, wait...that's right, they have all those records sealed don't they? No one is going to get to find out what Obama and Ayers really did for each other and what they did to or for the country....

I hear Rush Limbaugh has coined an interesting sound bite -
What do Ossama bin Laddin and Barak Obama have in common?

They both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
Lol, I doubt McCain would ever repeat it but it sure is effective at drawing attention to the underlying character issue.