McCain: POW

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

McCain: POW

Post by Nightshade »

A poster on You-Tube claiming to be Canadian wrote:

I am Canadian and have been following the presidential campaign. Senator McCain is 100% character, courage,inspiration and strength. Without a doubt, he is the best and only choice to save America. I know Obama supporters will cry foul, but he has no record, has been pumped up by media steroids, has little experience and is desparate to be President. At least McCain has defended Obama and even congratulated him on being the Democratic Candidate. God help us if Obama wins. The world wonders...
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

Ignorant people from foreign countries are entitled to post their opinions. What else is new?

Good job finding a post supporting McCain, but may I mention that overall Obama is very popular internationally whereas McCain is UNpopular? May I also mention that the current Republican president is hated worldwide?

So let's look at some issues: How bout the economy? What about Hurricane Katrina? What about the oil prices? Oh that's right, McCain is a different man than Bush and shouldn't be compared. Too bad his record proves his endorsement of Bush's actions on every big issue.

The polls show registered Americans more for Obama now and more against McCain than ever. I give the pollsters credit, but now it's up to Americans to turn out to the voting booths and make this a landslide victory.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Jesus Freak wrote:The polls show registered Americans more for Obama now and more against McCain than ever. I give the pollsters credit, but now it's up to Americans to turn out to the voting booths and make this a landslide victory.
So if it isn't a landslide victory, if McCain wins then will that prove McCain isn't Bush after all and that he's right on the issues? He'll be, like, you know, popular then right? So that makes him good and stuff, like really.
Praetorian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Praetorian »

Jesus Freak wrote:Ignorant people from foreign countries are entitled to post their opinions. What else is new?

Good job finding a post supporting McCain, but may I mention that overall Obama is very popular internationally whereas McCain is UNpopular? May I also mention that the current Republican president is hated worldwide?

So let's look at some issues: How bout the economy? What about Hurricane Katrina? What about the oil prices?
Have you read your first sarcastic sentence followed up with the second?

Other countries peoples opinions only matter when they are goose stepping with yours.

Hated worldwide, there goes the one sided press core at work helped along with your blinders.

Yeah, lets look at the issues.

Economy is a good place to start. Go pull the voting records of all our representatives on all the issues starting with the first Clinton administration since that is where the bank bust problems are reported to have stemmed from. While you are on the subject of economy, take a look at France, Italy, Germany, Britain, and Ireland to name a few and compare theirs to ours, then pick the one you like and move there. Try Spain as their banks appear to be holding up through this.

Katrina did you say? I can't hear you! How was that the current sitting President's problem? What did the local and state elected officials of that state do? What was the civil war about again? Federal employees are democrats and republicans, independents, non-affiliated and nut jobs. Hopefully you are not one of the saps that believes the president held the military back from going into the state when he should have sent them in right away?

What about them oil prices. Again, go pull the voting records on our representatives and lose the blinders. What was the civil war about again? Why is it that Alsaka cannot drill for oil, or certain spots of the gulf be drilled in? Furthermore, why did the price of oil come down when it was looking like our government was going to vote for drilling in those areas? You should especially looked at the voting over that legislation and where they can not drill.

If this country is all Federal government then why didn't the Feds abolish the states rights? Why didn't the military lead the way when Katrina hit.

With all your one sided questions and finger pointing Jesus Freak, you should try the:

Who, What, When, Where, & Why and get into the voting records of all the represnetatives.

I know, it's too much work.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yeah, Katrina was Bush's fault and not the Chocolate Mayor in charge:

Too bad all those school buses just sat parked when they could of been used to ferry people out of harms way. Bush should of known they weren't being used right?

Too bad a good chunk of the money earmark for levy control got squandered away into crooked Louisiana politicians pockets. Bush should of known 20 years ago that this was going on and done something about it then.

Heck even Minnesota's bridge collapse was Bush's fault even though it was the states responsibility to check the bridge's structural integrity.

Of course when Alfred E Obama gets elected, any and all disasters will be someone else's fault because the journalists will say so. Can't have their \"boy\" look bad now can we?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

The racism is growing here. Expected with only a few weeks to go.

Bee
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Racism? Where? Lets be specific so you don't get mad again because someone takes your statement out of context again.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

My guess is she is unfamiliar with Mayor Nagin's (sp?) quote.

Even so, calling someone the chocolate mayor is a little questionable. I know what you meant, but it does come off a little riskay. (For the same reasons it did when he said it).

And the \"boy\" reference does have strong historical connotations. Again, I don't think that is what you meant.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Gooberman wrote:My guess is she is unfamiliar with Mayor Nagin's (sp?) quote.

Even so, calling someone the chocolate mayor is a little questionable. I know what you meant, but it does come off a little riskay. (For the same reasons it did when he said it).
Yeah Goob, I understand what you are saying bud. Nagin did say New Orleans was to be a chocolate city so I simply called him what he wants to be called. Since Nagin coined the term I see nothing racist in my use of the word "chocolate".
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

Will Robinson wrote:
Jesus Freak wrote:The polls show registered Americans more for Obama now and more against McCain than ever. I give the pollsters credit, but now it's up to Americans to turn out to the voting booths and make this a landslide victory.
So if it isn't a landslide victory, if McCain wins then will that prove McCain isn't Bush after all and that he's right on the issues? He'll be, like, you know, popular then right? So that makes him good and stuff, like really.
Excuse me, were you replying to my post? I fail to see the resemblance between your reply and my post.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

:?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gandalf Stormcrow wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
Excuse me, were you replying to my post? I fail to see the resemblance between your reply and my post.
As far as I can tell you hadn't posted here in this thread until you posted this question so I join you in your confusion....unless you are also Jesus Freak?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Gooberman wrote:...Even so, calling someone the chocolate mayor is a little questionable.

..And the "boy" reference does have strong historical connotations.
Exactly. Thank you. Couple that with the rest of his posts about Obama and my statement fits.

Bee
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

woodchip wrote:Racism? Where? Lets be specific so you don't get mad again because someone takes your statement out of context again.
There was no "again". You were the only [censored].

Bee
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

When are you going to learn, you can’t criticize black people. (the impenetrable shield of accusation can deflect anything)

Tree fell in Brazil = Bush’s fault
Gandalf Stormcrow
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Gandalf Stormcrow »

Will Robinson wrote:
Gandalf Stormcrow wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
As far as I can tell you hadn't posted here in this thread until you posted this question so I join you in your confusion....unless you are also Jesus Freak?
haha yeah, every post I make from my laptop is under Gandalf Stormcrow. I haven't taken the time to log off this and into Jesus Freak.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Bet51987 wrote:
woodchip wrote:Racism? Where? Lets be specific so you don't get mad again because someone takes your statement out of context again.
There was no "again". You were the only [censored].

Bee
I've been mindlessly arguing with Woodchip for something going on 10 years here. Things get heated, people (myself included), call each other names, make fun of and insult each other, take things a step to far, etc. These are sensitive issues discussed here. He may push the line, but he's not a bad guy. With all due respect, some of your more recent posts just seem to re-afirm the old adage, "Hell has no fury....."
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Uber-Republican Woodchip doesn't just push the line, he frequently crosses it while trying to make a point. Of course, so does uber-Democrat Zuruck.

I've come to the conclusion that it's a bit like kids teasing in middle school; at some point, someone just has to quit reacting to the bait. :roll:
Praetorian
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Praetorian »

Bet51987 wrote:The racism is growing here. Expected with only a few weeks to go.
As already told, it was not racism and you need to point that finger at the mayor.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans—the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

That wasn't the only dumb ass thing to come out of his mouth during that crisis. I guess it wasn't racist when he asked what he could do to keep New Orleans from being overrun by 10,000 Mexican workers. I wonder how the Mexicans took that; the Hispanic leaders of the community didn't like it.

If you want racism to go away you need to get people like that out of office. You also need to have preachers replaced when they preach along the same lines of bulls__t.

People need to stop using the terms on themselves that they object to others using. As long as there is money to be made from it though......Rap, HIP HOP and the like... I guess it won't be stopping anytime soon. Quit buying the dumb ass CDs promoting the talk, the walk and the bad behavior and they'll sing about something else to keep the money flowing.

I am old enough to remember the segregation of neighborhoods by ethnicity and it wasn't black and white.

Jewtown, Germantown, Fishtown, Little Italy, Little Saigon, Chinatown, then you also have the unnamed sections. Armenians, Lithuanians, Protestant and Catholic Irish, Polish, Chechs, Puerto Ricans, and the list goes on. Knowing where the hell you were at different times of the day was very important.

Racism - Pfffff - The young in this country only think in black and white. < good pun

As that great statesman Foghorn Leghorn said:

"Go away boy you bother me!"
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Gooberman wrote:With all due respect, some of your more recent posts just seem to re-afirm the old adage, "Hell has no fury....."
It's "hath" and much worse but you're right. I will learn to ignore him. :wink:

And, thanks to the rest of you for the advice. I will chill.

Obama Girl
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Hey! I’m the only one around here allowed to use Foghorn Leghorn quotes…That’s a joke boy, That’s a joke son… :lol:
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

The term \"Boy\" had no racial connotation where I grew up. Then again we didn't own slaves or have colored folk as servants.
So when I said, \"Of course when Alfred E Obama gets elected, any and all disasters will be someone else's fault because the journalists will say so. Can't have their \"boy\" look bad now can we?\" simply means that someone either works for someone or else is in their pocket. In this case it means the press is working for Obama.

What is sad is a bright intelligent person like Bet is having her information filtered to her by the likes of MSNBC or the Huffington Post. If I can put up with listening to Diane Rheam on NPR, I would suggest Bet, you tune into Rush Limbaugh from time to time. Without hearing both sides you will never form your own opinion, rather you will simply become indoctrinated.

Goob, Foil, Zuruck and even Rican back when he was posting, we all had good discussions. Heated tho they may have been, we at least took the time to explain our positions and didn't get into one line name calling. While I may not agree with these guys all the time I do respect their abilities to present a cogent argument backing up what they say.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Isn’t it a ★■◆● when you have to explain every little thing.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey wrote:Isn’t it a ***** when you have to explain every little thing.
That depends on what "little" was.

Bee