Video capture w/ Pinnacle

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Video capture w/ Pinnacle

Post by thewolfe »

I'm trying to capture video from a vcr using Pinnacle Studio 10.

I can copy using regular audio and video cables (Red, yellow, white) but when I try to use an S-video cable there's no video. There is a \"Video input\" setting for \"Composite\" or \"S-Video\" which I have used.

VCR tape was recorded from the T.V. so it's a little grainy already so I'm just trying to keep it as clear as possible.

Any ideas.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

S video isn't better if I remember than the RCA jacks. I could be wrong it has been 10 yrs since I've tried.

Would there be a setting in Pinnacle for S Viedo?
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

S-Video is a higher quality than composite, (what your calling RCA). Really limited with troubleshooting ideas with the information provided so perhaps post your question here;
http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/77/ShowForum.aspx

Good luck.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Super Video or Separated Video abbreviated S-Video and also known as Y/C is an analog video signal that carries the video data as two separate signals, luma (luminance) and chroma (colour), unlike composite video which carries picture information as a single lower-quality signal, or component video which carries picture information as three separate higher-quality signals — typically luma and two chroma components. S-Video, as most commonly implemented, carries 480i or 576i resolution video, i.e., standard definition video, but does not carry audio on the same cable.

EDIT:
Google is your friend!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

you need to specially tell whatever software you are using to capture from s-video.
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

Tried the s-cable with VCR and TV. till no pic.

Answer at this point.....bad cable.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

My problem with Pinnacle Studio involves taking in video from my Panasonic PV-GS300 camcorder, but I probably have some driver to download and install...
thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

After reading the fine print on the back of the manual of the vcr/DVD, it said that s-video only works with the DVD output and not with the DVD output.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the wild goose chase
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

thewolfe wrote:After reading the fine print on the back of the manual of the vcr/DVD, it said that s-video only works with the DVD output and not with the DVD output.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the wild goose chase
HuH?
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

thewolfe
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by thewolfe »

Sorry again. Not w/ the VCR