Dressing to the Nines

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Dressing to the Nines

Post by woodchip »

So once again the loyalist Obama press try to dig their meathooks into Palin for the wardrobe she has been \"Given\" by the RNC. While the cattle herd corralled by the Obamaites got in a dizzy tizzy over this, little did they understand that the clothes were not given to her, no more than the clothes worn by many a talk show host (you do catch the little note at the end of the program saying so and so provide the hosts wardrobe?) Some of the clothing is provided by the clothes maker so they can showcase their product and then returned. Some of the items are given away to charity. In no case was she given the clothes.

So once again you liberal sophomores were duped by a conniving press that should be looking closer at Karl Obama but instead dresses him in a wardrobe the country will never be able to afford.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

So the VP Nominee is now a commercialized commodity?

Disgusting.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The McCain campaign is inept. They should have announced immediately that although Gov. Palin is also paid by the taxpayers just like Biden and Obama she doesn't have the fancy expensive wardrobe most Washington insiders have. In fact Biden and Obama's wardrobe costs more than she makes in two years!

So the RNC bought her some stuff to be worn then given away to charity.
Then John McCain could have said with a smile and a wink he didn't need the help because he married a rich girl.
Then invited Biden and Obama to compare wardrobe expenses and site who paid for it, the taxpayers or donations....
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Such silliness.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Testiculese wrote:So the VP Nominee is now a commercialized commodity?

Disgusting.
Are you talking about her wardrobe being purchased for her or are you referring about the additional ad revenues the hack news outlets get from the left whenever they vilify Palin? :wink:
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Jesus Freak »

Will Robinson wrote:The McCain campaign is inept. They should have announced immediately that although Gov. Palin is also paid by the taxpayers just like Biden and Obama she doesn't have the fancy expensive wardrobe most Washington insiders have. In fact Biden and Obama's wardrobe costs more than she makes in two years!

So the RNC bought her some stuff to be worn then given away to charity.
Then John McCain could have said with a smile and a wink he didn't need the help because he married a rich girl.
Then invited Biden and Obama to compare wardrobe expenses and site who paid for it, the taxpayers or donations....
Are you insinuating that a man's wardrobe costs significantly more than a woman's wardrobe? My good sir, you are one lucky man if that is the case in your family. :)

Honestly, this knowledge isn't going to help shape my political views. I could care less how much a politician eats or whether he rinses with listerine at night. Tell me how that person's ideas will make our nation better or worse off than it is today.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Jesus Freak wrote:... Are you insinuating that a man's wardrobe costs significantly more than a woman's wardrobe? My good sir, you are one lucky man if that is the case in your family. :)
No, I'm implying that Biden and Obama wear $2000 suits and $500 shoes and they are happy as hell that people don't talk about the real issues and instead ignore the hypocrisy of making issue of Palins wardrobe, which is paid for by donations instead of their wardrobe which is paid for by tax payer funded salary and then they write off that wardrobe as a business expense so they pay less taxes!
Too bad there aren't any more journalists in town because they would no doubt bring that issue up if there were! Oh...there are journalists in town you say?!? where? I haven't seen one since Hillary started falling behind in the polls.....
Honestly, this knowledge isn't going to help shape my political views. I could care less how much a politician eats or whether he rinses with listerine at night. Tell me how that person's ideas will make our nation better or worse off than it is today.
Tell that to the media, Obama hasn't held a press conference in over a month and when Biden does he just tells the reporter to piss off.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I couda swore I tall a puddy tat…err journalist. He went thataway
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Dressing to the Nines

Post by Jeff250 »

woodchip wrote:So once again you liberal sophomores were duped by a conniving press...
If someone had previously started a topic on this, then I missed it, because as it appears to me, you're the first one to begin polluting the DBB with this issue.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Polluting seems a little harsh to me…Feeling a little cocky are ya?
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Woody : \"provided by the clothes maker so they can showcase their product\"

For all sides, why can't they just go out and buy a decent suit? There's no justification in $xxx,xxx for some cloth, especially when it doesn't look any better than what you can get at the Gap. (Usually looks worse)