Because of you potheads...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Palzon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Palzon »

ThunderBunny wrote:The REAL problem is that for some reason people (and I call 'em stupid) seem to want to be stoned/drunk/high/whathaveyou. I have no idea why they choose to intoxicate themselves- they claim it's to calm nerves/have fun/etc. I've been through some real pain in my life and never once have I decided to knock myself out with some "recreational" drug. WTF is so fun about them anyway?.
Story is still not as shocking as the fact that you've been polluting the DBB for years with total impunity and no one seems to care.

And btw, TB, mankind has been experimenting with altered states since the beginning of human history. Countless treasures of art, philosophy and music have originated from altered states. All of mankind should cease exploring their consciousness in this manner because it's incomprehensible to you? Gee, thanks, Dave. I think a heroic dose of mushrooms is exactly what you need.

Sargeant Thorne wrote:That's funny, I swear I've heard that somewhere before.
Yeah, you mean the failed experiment that was prohibition? The one that put the Mafia on the map? Yeah - that was a great idea.

Even respected members of law enforcement have begun to realize the folly of the war on drugs. The only group that benefits from the war on drugs is made up of pharmaceutical companies.

Your logic sleeps with the fishes.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Man has also believed in ghosts and goblins, committed homicide, worship god(s) and all sorts of other things just as stupid as those \"altered states\" you speak of.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

DP
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Testiculese wrote:
Neo wrote:All [rap music and hip hop] should be illegal. But people are so immoral that they band together and revolt against a government that wants them to do what's right. Whiskey! Tango! Foxtrot! =P
Right back at ya.
heh I don't care if hip hop is illegal cause I don't even listen to it.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

You didn't even bother to use your brain, did you.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

hippies must die. :P
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

Still aren't using it...
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Palzon:

I wouldn't say no one cares. I've been trying to put up at least some form of resistance to the mental defecation that regularly comes out of the TB camp. between the drugs are bad/dems are evil posts, there's really nothing to read.

on a side note; I must have been extremely bored to even look at this topic.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Be quiet pothead :P
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Ferno

Post by Ferno »

wow, that's an amazing reply adog! such wit!

oh, how will i ever respond to the utter verbal thrashing you have just dispensed? :D
Mousepad
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mousepad »

a) Most pot smokers aren't hippies and don't give a damn.
b) The type of people who would genuinely care are the same type who would grow it in their garden/closet or have buddies who do.

MP
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Testiculese wrote:Still aren't using it...
And why should I even bother? Seriously. It's not even worth it. Besides, my last reply was a joke.
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

In regards to the original topic, everything I smoke is homegrown locally, either indoors or in a backyard, and almost always by someone I know on a very personal level. Yes, I smoke. It takes my mind off of things like the \"Existential Agnostic Solipsist\" thread.

Prohibition has only ever complicated matters. History has shown this to be the case. If you tell someone not to do something, the greater portion of our population is going to do it just because you told them they can't. Some of them will do it because they want to, for various reasons, but as Duper so aptly put, stupidity and laziness are the two predominant genes in society.

In my humble opinion, if everyone were to quit worrying about what everyone else has or does, and just minded their own damn business and took care of themself and their own, we'd all be a lot better off. Unfortunately, nosiness seems to be third on the \"Most Predominant Gene\" list for humanity. Go figure. =/
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

BTW, Pally, when it comes to D3, I'm Dr. Manhattan...you're The Comedian. ;P