Room for one? Wow

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Room for one? Wow

Post by VonVulcan »

(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaktazuki »

I already thought my 2-bedroom apt is a prison; that one is solitary confinement.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

If the walls were sound-proof, that would be a huge bonus. Mirrors are important. A nice cage for the government-fed liberals of tomorrow. :P Me, I want space!

You could line your [floor level] with those, though, and house students or something for extra money.

Sure saved a lot of space by putting the toilet on the other side of the looking glass... ;) (second from last pic)

Edit: I wonder how it burns.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

No.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

It's a very nice post, but not my cup of tea.
Sedwick
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sedwick »

As an opponent of urban sprawl, I like it! Unfortunately it wouldn't be nearly enough for all the crap--er, stuff I've accumulated...
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

LOL.... :? :o

You know... there are studio apartments and they work just fine.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

So what about the complete and utter lack of any functional work environment? AKA \"Where the hell do I put my computer?\"
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

You twist the top part 3 times up, twist the left twice down. Finally twist the right side up once, and you comp folds out. It's not that hard. :roll:
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

haha!
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

DCrazy wrote:So what about the complete and utter lack of any functional work environment? AKA "Where the hell do I put my computer?"
Ahh, the important things.

Personally I'm a bit leery of moving into dorms (assuming that comes to bare financially). I'm used to living in a room that is roughly two times the size of a dorm room, on a 2-acre property. Now, the general idea of a dorm is to put you and ~200 other "you"s in the same building, and housing 2 twice the people in half the space that I'm used to. I don't think the city and I will bode well with each other...
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

d3jake wrote:Personally I'm a bit leery of moving into dorms...
I was, too. So I stayed at home for my first two years of college. Mistake... after I moved into the dorms for my Junior and Senior years, I realized how much comraderie and close friendship I had missed out on. Plus, I didn't meet my wife-to-be until I moved into the dorms. :D
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Dorms worked out just fine for me...though I think that was mainly because I managed to score a single room for three out of my four years. :P Even freshman year with a roommate wasn't all that bad, though. As far as space goes, you'll probably soon find that you really don't need all that much of it to live and work on a daily basis. My best advice would be to bring along only what you know you'll need or frequently use to school with you; if you have a bunch of general stuff lying around your room that you barely ever touch, just leave it at home.

(Also, you'll soon learn that your bed has many other functions besides sleeping: a couch, a study area, an occasional dinner table... :P)
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

I'm good at keeping my house clean, but this kind of living will definitely bring out my slob side. No place to just put stuff on and deal with later!
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Hostile »

Top Gun wrote:(Also, you'll soon learn that your bed has many other functions besides sleeping: a couch, a study area, an occasional dinner table... :P)
Ummmmm, college has at least one more use for the bed..... I'm sure of it! Especially in co-ed dorms..... :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Not for me, it didn't. :P

And I actually found my dorm room far easier to keep clean than my room here at home. You get to start out each year at school with a bare room, which means you get to decide exactly where every little bit of your stuff belongs. So long as you keep everything where it belongs, you never generate much of a mess.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Dakatsu »

Top Wop wrote:No.
QFT