Rude neighbours

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Rude neighbours

Post by CDN_Merlin »

We received about 7 inches of snow yesterday. Then overnight we received freezing rain. So this morning I had a nice blanket of ice and snow on my car. Needless to say it took me 40 min to get it all off. In that tmie, a neighbour came out and asked me if I was finished yet because it disturbed his sleep? I was like WTF(didn't say that, I'm to polite) but I'm sorry but my life is worth more than your hour of sleep.

How can people be so rude?

To top it off, I'm driving to work in the right lane, a chunk of ice (from the SUV's roof) flew off and hit the front of my car. Stupid facks. Learn how to clean your car and be responsible drivers.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Rude indeed. If they can't handle minor but necessary noise from next door, they shouldn't have moved into a neighborhood in the first place. It's a fact, when you live in a neighborhood, you're signing up for random disturbances for the rest of the time you're there.
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by shaktazuki »

Yeah. Move all noise-sensitive people to the moon, where there's no atmosphere for the noise to be carried. That'll show them!

And while we're at it, we should eliminate all noise laws. People are naturally noisy! If they didn't want noise, they would have been born some other species!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I could empathize a bit with the neighbor, as our four-month-old has been woken up at 3-4AM a couple of times by the snowplows going by, or people scraping ice off their cars that early. I've been woken up, myself, by the guys (bless them!) who scrape off our stairs at 5AM on those snowy mornings.

But it's not really a valid complaint; that stuff has to be done. People can't put off going to work for an hour or two just for the sake of their neighbor's sleep.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Foil, I understand completly, but like I said, I'm not risking my life or anyone elses because he needs his beauty sleep. There are enough (_O_)s uot there that just the do customary \"windshield wiper\" cleaning and drive off.
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wheeze87 »

I strugle with noise \"nuisance's\" a lot. Naturally as I'm a drummer! But like this semester, i moved into a house on a student road in a student neighbour hood. But of course i moved in next door to the one house that isnt occupied with students. Anyway, the first day i moved in i went round to next door and explained my situation, and asked the tenants of the house if it would be alright if i could practise for an hour a day between daylight hours 9-5. The person i spoke to said they were cool with it.

But then what do you know... about a week later i get a letter from the council explaining that i had been causing long and loud noise nuisnaces. I checked with the other houses in the surrounding area to check my noise was travelling further than i thought it could, but no everyone else was either oblivous or didnt mind .So i went back to m neighbours house, no one in. So i left the a letter, explaining that i had received a warning from the council (which threatened police intevention by the way), and asked if we could come to an agreement and practising, i thought maybe i could fit it round their schedules, and just play maybe 3 times a week or something.
Instead of a formal reply, i got a nasty letter from their landlord, who delivered it personally, and was very very angry with me for upsetting tenants!
sorry ranting, but it jsut annoyed the hell out of me, no i'm stuck without being able to practise in my room, and no chance of solution.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

The few ruin it for the many. LAst year here, in a round dead end street, kids were forced to stop playing street hockey because 1 of the 10+ houses complained about the kids in the street. It only took 1 person. WTF????
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

If those rude neighbors have a dog, attach an electric air pump to a mount that holds 13 different dog whistles. Leave it running for a few weeks.
Wheeze87
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Wheeze87 »

Octopus wrote:If those rude neighbors have a dog, attach an electric air pump to a mount that holds 13 different dog whistles. Leave it running for a few weeks.
Haha, that would be so sweet :)
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Merlin, you should have told them to go screw themselves and to go get some earplugs. Give them an idea of what personal responsibility is like.
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I throw a tarp over my car when it's going to snow like that. (painters tarp, not that blue plastic)

You could also use a cup/small bucket of cool water to get rid of the ice.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Hattrick »

Testiculese wrote:I throw a tarp over my car when it's going to snow like that. (painters tarp, not that blue plastic)

You could also use a cup/small bucket of cool water to get rid of the ice.
X2, One or the other works nicely and doesn't take 40 minutes to achieve the goal.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

Octopus wrote:If those rude neighbors have a dog, attach an electric air pump to a mount that holds 13 different dog whistles. Leave it running for a few weeks.
Oooooooooh! I like that idea! There are a few neighbors around here with dogs that go -WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF - gag, wheeze -WOOF WOOF WOOF............. all night I swear and either don't give a crap or are deaf!

As for scraping ice noises, your neighbor needs to go to bed earlier if he can't sleep through it. Sounds like a jerk that needs to get a life. Some noises are just a necessary part of suburbia.

What we get here when it snows or ices up is the lovely sound of studded tires crunching the ice up. Does a real number on the pavement too. We're supposed to get snow this weekend as well.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Gosh, I love Florida this time of the year - I think it got up into the mid-80's today :P
si vis pacem, para bellum
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

here's an idea...

next time he says something stupid like htat, give him the ice scraper and tell him to do it himself. if he doesn't like that, then dump all your crap on his car. Worst thing that would ever happen has already happened, someone lost precious sleep. I'd also throw a bucket's worth of water on his car at night and let him learn the responsibility the next morning.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

jackass :P
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Lol, all I can say is, I will trade you my neighbors for yours anyday.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

To top it all off, while driving home yesterday, I have more ice fly off another car and hit mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF. Twice in one day. ARGHHHHHHHHHH
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by shaktazuki »

Kiran wrote:here's an idea...

next time he says something stupid like htat, give him the ice scraper and tell him to do it himself. if he doesn't like that, then dump all your crap on his car. Worst thing that would ever happen has already happened, someone lost precious sleep. I'd also throw a bucket's worth of water on his car at night and let him learn the responsibility the next morning.
Why not choose a more quiet method of de-icing? In the Christmas spirit, perhaps we could remember why this season is held in memorial:

43 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

We are now on number 3 times being hit with flying ice from someones car. I'm really getting ticked!!!!!!!!!!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Now if only you could use forum macros in real life... While you are out scraping ice off your windshield so you can safely drive to work and they come out complaining about the noise you could just show them this:

Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

At least some of you guys are seeing the white stuff. Other than a dusting this past weekend, we've been getting friggin' rain all week. Hell, even New Orleans got snow earlier today!
shaktazuki
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by shaktazuki »

blech. Out here in sunny socal where I live, we get snow once every 7 years. No joke. And don't even try to go to Tehachapi to play in the snow - the sherrifs make a game of busting snow bunnies, claiming all the land up there is owned. Bull.
Duck: “So, what’s that horn for?”

Unicorn: “Oh, you know, to stab my foe. I know, that sounds pretty harsh and brutal, or whatever. And it grants wishes! It also just looks good on a unicorn, *rawr*.”
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Day 2 of heavy rain. Discovered our garage has a leak and there is water in a lot of areas. Tonight it's supposed to freeze over.

Blah.
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

We got snow in Austin this week for the first time in 2 years.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Must be that Global Warming. ;)
Wings
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Wings »

Simply say-
\"I'm sorry, am I inconveniencing you?\" very sarcastically.
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

hehe - It's time to bring out the Snow Blower next! :P
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Octopus »

Aus-RED-5 wrote:hehe - It's time to bring out the Snow Blower next! :P
HAHA! And build a new dog house.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

CDN_Merlin wrote:To top it all off, while driving home yesterday, I have more ice fly off another car
Stop tailgating noob driver ( have you even reached your 1 yr anniversary of obtaining your first DL)

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Bubba, everytime I've been hit with ice, I've beenmore than 50 feet behind the car. I've also been in the other lane. So bite my (_o_).
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Let him rant, Bubba. He wouldn't be driving in those conditions if he didn't need to go somewhere.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

bubba.

I'd love to see how you'd be able to handle our winter roads.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Ferno wrote:bubba.

I'd love to see how you'd be able to handle our winter roads.
He'd be in the ditch because he wouldn't use winter tires.

Bubba, before you harp on someone, get all the facts. I'm one of the anal ones when it comes to cleaning snow/ice off my car. Because I know the dangers involved with it flying off and hitting another car, exspecially at highway speeds.
Red_5
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Red_5 »

You could attempt to remove the ice by revving your engine and heating the hood...

Or using a nice loud blowdryer...

Of course, you'd need extra time, but heck, I'd do it. For some reason, I just love driving people crazy over the stupid little things that piss them off and make them indecent to everyone else when we don't deserve it. It's just my nature :D