This is maddening! (D1 Level 23)

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Admiral LSD
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

This is maddening! (D1 Level 23)

Post by Admiral LSD »

So I've been on a bit of a Descent kick lately after discovering dxx-rebirth. They're a little buggy (d1x-rebirth occasionally crashes out to the desktop or locks up completely while d2x-rebirth won't start level 2 after completing level 1) but they're good enough to relive the magic of the old Descents. So anyway, I'm playing Descent 1 and I'm on level 23, the Triton Storage Depot and there's this secret area near the blue door at the beginning of the level that I can't for the life of me work out where the entrance to is. Can anyone help me out?
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Go through that blue door and, past the fans on the right-hand side, travel down the tunnel shooting the wall on your right. You'll eventually hit a secret door.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Hey! good to see you Admiral! Man quite the reunion week. I guess that happens when everyone is snowed in. ;)

Anyways, if you're having trouble with rebirth, go to the Rebirth site and Zico and company will be happy to help you out. If there is a problem with the mod and you're system, he will want to hear about it.

Good luck on the bot thrashing Admiral! Cheers! and Merry Christmas!
Admiral LSD
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Admiral LSD »

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this, I got so caught up in Christmas and the new year I completely forgot :oops:

I actually found that hidden door not long after I originally posted this. I got so frustrrated I ended up using the no clipping code to pass through the part of the passage I could see and trace it back to that door in the wall. I must have past through that corridor a dozen times while looking for the passage. I'll blame me missing it on Rebirth :P The texture filtering it does made the seam in the door harder to see than it normally is. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P Thanks for the hints though, nonetheless.

Speaking of Rebirth, both of the major issues I was having with it were reported bugs, I was just waiting on Zico to make the new releases. That eventually happened on Christmas day but I've yet to get around to installing them on the MacBook. I'll have to get back into it at some point :D