Favorite boss?

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

Favorite Boss?

Super Hulk
30%
Mega Hulk
19%
Red Fatty
4%
Water Boss
No votes
Fire Boss
7%
Ice Boss
11%
Baloris Prime Boss
7%
Alien Boss
7%
Vertigo/D3 Bosses
15%

Total votes: 27
Darth Wang
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Favorite boss?

Post by Darth Wang »

What is your favorite boss from the Descent games?

Mine is probably the Alien Boss
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

The Red Guard of the vertigo series, just wish he wasn't so damn easy.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I like the fire boss, because I think he looks the coolest, but the Vertigo level 7 boss is almost as cool. I hate the Ice boss, because I think it just looks like a pair of lips with arms. :P
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

AF level 3 bosses.

Sorry. ;)
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Super Hulk!
The good old first boss of all Descent games. ;)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

I'd like to say as Pumo said.

I hate Ice boss.
MD1985
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Hellion? :P

I guess the Hellion Assault Mech at the end of D3 or the PTMC Assault Bot at the end of Mercenary.
Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

I like the super thief, but the coolest in looks is d2 lvl20 boss.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

Descent 2 Level 16 \"Ice Boss\"
D3Alien
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Alien »

D2 Level 20 boss. He looks wicked.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Technicly, D1 Bosses are Boss 1 and Boss 2...super hulk is the red homing missle guy. I know it's Alien 1 boss and Alien 2 boss, but I can't honestly remember which system baloris prime is :( .

Descent 1

Boss 1, definently the best boss. He had the perfect room, well rounded guards, nice hidey tunnels. Being locked was epic =) I love fighting him on the higher difficulties when he teleports really fast. But once you kill the guards he's not too hard sadly.

Boss 2, Good try, but honestly-not hard at all. Your at the end of the game anyway, and it's not hard to just trash him with missles. The Invunribilities made him....well, not even slightly difficult. If you ram him, you only need 1 invunrebility from yellow access and one from the energy channel....sorry, but he could've been so much cooler.

Descent 2

Red Fatty Boss? He wasn't hard, but i thought he looked cool =).

Water Boss? Minelaying? Heeheeheehee. He was sorta cute.

Fire Boss-Coolest boss room of D2, nice aresenal, looks uber-epic win. Only reason I don't like him is he symbolizes just how much mega missles got nerfed in D2...they did like, what, 60 damage? Eww.

Ice Boss? He's pure evil. Flash missles of death are lame.

Alien Boss 1? He looked cool....way cool....

Alien Boss 2? Neat Idea, but I never really found him paticularly hard. I guess it's beacause I always like keeping the maximum amount of missles at all times..fighting him with like 15 earthshakers, and maximum of *everything* just wasn't hard...lol. Just toss 10 smarts behind him....then a gigantic amount of earthshakers...heehe

D3? Haven't done sp in a while but proving grounds was cool. Again, I played magnum and horded missles. Just toss a pair of megas at all the bosses and they explode. It's so cheap it's funny. As for the dragon, he was the kewlest boss ever. Cept' for the fact I couldn't ever find his weak spot. Generally, I'd toss a dozen impact mortars at em' then get po'ed and fry him with omega. There's an energy channel *RIGHT THERE*
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

As of Mega Missiles in D2, the ones shot by yourself are by no means weak, enough even on Rookie difficulty to kill you in one shot against the wall with 200 shields. I think the Fire boss' Megas were weakened just because it wasn't endgame but the middle of the game and some mega-uber damage coupled with the impossibility to down him with energy weapons would make him simply too difficult.

As of the boses, I think the D1 ones, closed in the \"hulk\" motiff were the best looking ones. In D2, I liked the red fatty, fire boss and alien 2. alien 1 may have been cool-looking too... but the ice boss looked like a d1 small hulk gone wrong, that's pretty much all I have to say about that one.