you peolple are just...

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

nimrod
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

you peolple are just...

Post by nimrod »

...great!! I can't believe so many of you are still around. The last time I played Descent was around when my daughter was born, she just turned 11. Wow, time flies.

So I got a free Dell Optiplex 270 with an add on Nvidia card and I hooked it up to a new HP 23\" lcd monitor. I dusted off D3 and installed it without any problems at all, what a surprise. Dusted off my Logitech Freedom stick. WOW is the resolution great! I couldn't get this good with an ATI AllinWonder on a P3 3ghz!

So I need to know, cause I forgot, what upgrades/patches I need to install, especially for online gaming, which has also been ~10 yrs.

Speaking of which, where do we all go these days to play online?

It really is great to be in the mines again, especially with both daughters looking over my shoulder watching for powerups and robots! I got them hooked, hehe.

I really am at a loss, with all this interest still boiling, why a D4 isn't out? Doesn't anyone believe it would make money?

Anyway, great to be back and I'll see y'all in the mines!

elk a.k.a. nimrod
Ed
-------------
\"A libertarian is a person who believes that no one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being, or to advocate or delegate its initiation.\"
-- L. Neil Smith
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Welcome back !

Check this out :)
ImageImage
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Welcome back, old timer! I look forward to seeing you in the mines!
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Good to see you!
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: you peolple are just...

Post by Sirius »

nimrod wrote:I really am at a loss, with all this interest still boiling, why a D4 isn't out? Doesn't anyone believe it would make money?
Hard to answer that question, but if the people who hold the Descent IP do believe it would make money, they aren't in any position to act on it.
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

Interplay tried to resurrect itself and seems intent on dieing another slow death, so the likelihood of them making a D4 is slimmer than it ever was. There were many other small startup companies and fledgeling projects of various kinds that attempted their own solutions, but nothing ever fully developed that I'm aware of. I've taken a recent interest in a game called Miner Wars (that may or not be hoaxware), and an MMO nearing completion called Jumpgate Evolution, that both have the potential for something new in the 6DoF arena, though I wouldn't call either of them pure Descent clones. That's about it as far as *new* Descent-esque options, which is truly mind-boggling to me, but is the way it is.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Well hey, 2000-2007, all of the options died, so having something that will actually be released is a breath of fresh air.