Transformers 2

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Transformers 2

Post by []V[]essenjah »

I liked it but it certainly isn't a movie that I would recommend for older more mature audiences. I'm somewhere in the middle and I have a little geek in me but I felt like it wasn't really something I could sit down with my family as an adult and watch. I do like that they spent more time on developing the decepticons personalities and there was ... much more dialogue between them. I also liked the new autobots. My only complaint is that the movie felt like it dragged on too long, probably in part due to the fact that it was all one big action scene sliced up into segments so you never had a break to develop the plot enough. However, it is a transformers movie and being a fan, I felt that overall, it held true to my expectations and it was great movie to see for fans and younger generations alike.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

I like the little ...Read More in the middle of the post that shows you copied and pasted this from another site. Good job!
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

As a Transformers fan, I am staying far, far away from this dreck... (moons Michael Bay)
si vis pacem, para bellum
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Hostile »

Lothar wrote:I like the little ...Read More in the middle of the post that shows you copied and pasted this from another site. Good job!
LOL! He transformed someone else's post into his!
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Awwww nuts lol. Actually it was MY post from another site. :P I wrote a review for it on a Facebook fan page. I was in a bit of a rush today when I posted it here. After I was done on the Facebook site, I figured, HEY, why not post it on the DBB, copy+paste. :P Serves me right for not reviewing my post.

I tend to copy and paste my own posts on multiple forums and pages. I usually review them first though.

Note to all the single people out there: Girlfriends eat your time but are completely worth it! :)
Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

The target audience of the resurrected franchise is definitely the 12-21 crowd, that's for sure. Some of the dialog seemed almost callously uncouth in their attempts to seem brash and cool, and it seemed forced and overdone. I understood the intent and some of it did instigate humor here and there for those with open minds, but the rest rubbed me the wrong way as simply being more of the same for no reason. Action scenes were hectic and too close up to make out some of what was going on, but that's generally expected. ILM was obviously having fun with it and nobody's gonna stand there and tell them, \"Hey, that scene's too busy! You put too much CGI in there!\" That's just sacrilege. ;p

Regardless of those aspects, it was full of fun and had some very nice geek-out moments. If you liked the first movie, I can't imagine you not liking the second.
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Sllik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Sllik »

LOL... Yes, it had that going for it, too.