New Air Conditioner.. Mission from God...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

New Air Conditioner.. Mission from God...

Post by Canuck »

An old window banger unit destined for the dump gave me three good years of service after I fixed it up. Of course it dies when the temps go over 90 F for the first time this year. Walked into my room at 2:00 PM and it was 110 F and rising, (High raked windows and lots of Sun exposure) with the drapes drawn and fans a 'blowing. I said to myself, \"Self, tonight if I'm lucky I'll get it down to 96 F, buy that cheap $168.99 Air Conditioner 72 miles away.\" Good thing I listened, last one in stock for a hundred miles and comes with a nifty remote, also while there I picked up a Monster Cooler that keeps ice for 6 days, various camping kit, and some $60.00 6 pack of solar garden lights on sale for $15.99 for the stairs leading to my fire pit. I guess my night vision is better than most so my guests will be happy. Also picked up some metal stringers for steps down from our patio for 25% of the price our local Hardware stores sell them for. Bonus points for finding a 5 pack of good socks on snail for $9.99, $40.00 cotton shirts marked down to $14.99, and some nice shorts for the beach I'm hitting up in two days. I live in a resort Town that has no reasonable outlet for mens clothes unless you want to spend tourist prices of $500.00 on pants and $150.00 on a pair of socks. Cheapest pair of socks I can find here is $50.00. And people's driving skills on the highway have gotten pathetic... I think most of the drivers on the road today learned their skills from playing GTA. People in the City look genuinely shocked when I let them in as they are trying to merge into the driving lane.
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

Okay...
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

...Twitter update gone awry?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Heatstroke maybe, but I can relate with his situation.

We have central air, but one year after a cold winter with eighteen inches of snow and freezing rain, spring finally sprung big time one day and it hit 95 degrees from 55 degrees all of a sudden for 2 days. Went to turn on the A/C and.....NADA, BUPKIS! Well, we do most of our own repairs as much as possible, so we went outside and checked the aux. fuse panel. Viola! One fuse is broken on one side of the 2 phase.

Well, simple we thought, until we tried to FIND a replacement! No hardware store or electrical store HAD one. It seems our box had a rare style 30 amp. #$@%! So we keep looking and driving from one store after another and finally we find ONE! The only one they have left.

So we head back, install the thing and the A/C finally fires up. Whew! We don't need a repairman. It was starting to get hot in the house too. Out of curiosity, I tore the old fuse apart to see if it was blown or what???? Well, it had broken, but not melted. WTF! Then it dawned on me. We'd had a lot of heavy snow and ice that winter that slid off the roof in big slabs when it started raining on it. Not only did it rip off my gutters, it appears that one large snow slab had hit the fuse box on the way down and the vibration had shaken the fuse just enough to break it inside. Go figure. :roll:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

For the next time you're suffering in a 110F room, you can go crazy watching this: Nova: Absolute Zero
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

I'm so happy for you!!!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

Mission Fro God? is that a new hairstyle?
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Ya well heatstroke impairs speeling... By the way my room rocks at 62F! You know what kinda tourist crap is sold in my Town JD. Getting clothes is a feat now that Saan is gone and Work Warehouse left.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Canuck »

Isaac wrote:For the next time you're suffering in a 110F room, you can go crazy watching this: Nova: Absolute Zero
Hulu doesn't let us foreigners watch the vids there. I guess its a terrorist risk.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

\"We're on a mission from God.\" </Blues Brothers>

Did you have those sunglasses when you went to pick up the A/C?
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

The air conditioner at my house broke Monday last week. Water leaking from the condenser coil dripped through the unit and got into the little metal box where the control circuit board is, and the board shorted out and fried. It's a good thing my house has an attic fan, and the weather's been cool; it's made things much more bearable. My parents are shopping for a whole new HVAC system, but haven't gotten one yet.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Canuck wrote:Hulu doesn't let us foreigners watch the vids there. I guess its a terrorist risk.
I hate when websites do that...
EngDrewman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by EngDrewman »

Foil wrote:...Twitter update gone awry?
lol
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Foil wrote:...Twitter update gone awry?
Operating system didn't interpret CR-LF properly.
Ferno

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Canuck wrote:Ya well heatstroke impairs speeling... By the way my room rocks at 62F! You know what kinda tourist crap is sold in my Town JD. Getting clothes is a feat now that Saan is gone and Work Warehouse left.

ugh tell me about it. i'm in a tourist trap town and the only saan has up and left, leaving these small stores that charge an ungodly amount for clothes.

but at least we have a sally anne.