Quartzon

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Quartzon

Post by Neo »

Well, one night I decided to try IC, and I am very impressed. For what is completed so far, you guys have done a great job. This is what I would fix though:

Remove the weird \"auto-cannon\" and replace it with the Spreadfire Cannon.

Add the Fusion Cannon (can probably just mod the BFG :P)

Reduce the damage that bumping into walls does to one's ship, or make it harder to do the same amount of damage.

fix tri-chording.

Oh and change to third person upon death ^_^

P.S.: I was depressed because I thought there was no joystick support, but Grendel posted in the other thread that you can make it work (I think :P). ^_^
HeXetic
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by HeXetic »

The AC isn't going away, but the Spreadfire is being added for the next release.

We also want to do a chargeable fusion cannon, but none of it is ready yet.

The crash damage is controllable by console vars; try playing around with them and post what values you think are appropriate. Note that you did damage your ship when crashing into walls in the original Descent.

What's wrong with Tri-Chording? It should basically work.

We are working on a third-person death animation... but Doom 3 by default ragdolls corpses or simply makes them disappear, so it's tricky.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Well, the ship doesn't feel much faster than single-chording. Sorry for the late reply, I was just too lazy to give an answer before. =P Like I said, you guys really did a good job.