Hooooooooooot!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Hooooooooooot!

Post by Tunnelcat »

104 degrees outside with a 60 degree dew point today! It's effing hot here! Can't even go outside without getting fried. It's supposed to be the banana belt here in Oregon, but not for all of THIS week. If I'd wanted to live in Phoenix........ 8)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

103° Austin texas.. pant pant..
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Sure it's only 104 ? Certainly does feel hotter..
ImageImage
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

I flew through Washington, Oregon, and half of California along the coast today in a Mooney.

We had to get up to 7000 feet altitude before sitting in that flying oven became bearable! Strangely, the entire coast from mid-Oregon down was totally covered in fog... the land was very hot, and along a fine line the coast was suddenly very cold.

It's not so hot here in the bay area (thank god), but I'm praying for you guys up there. :P
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Once I took a side trip to Palm Springs while I was out in California and it was 130, I never thought dry heat could be so oppressive before then. Still, 100 and humid is nearly as bad so I'd suggest retreating to the air conditioning. =)
Topher
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Topher »

Mmm...AC....
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Apparently humans can withstand temperatures past the point of boiling water, as long as we stay hydrated.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Spaceboy wrote:I flew through Washington, Oregon, and half of California along the coast today in a Mooney.

We had to get up to 7000 feet altitude before sitting in that flying oven became bearable! Strangely, the entire coast from mid-Oregon down was totally covered in fog... the land was very hot, and along a fine line the coast was suddenly very cold.

It's not so hot here in the bay area (thank god), but I'm praying for you guys up there. :P
That's pretty typical. Not sure WHY that happens, but it's not uncommon during the summer.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

your mooney? or just along for the ride?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

only 71 where I'm at.

IN MY AIR-CONDITIONED LIVING ROOM :P

thermom does say 104 out side :)

edit: KGW says its supposed to be even hotter today :roll:
Unix
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Unix »

When I was in Qatar during the summer - the temperature got up to 135 with 100% humidity. It was like swimming in hell... I wouldn't recommend it.
-Unix
My Music
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

um? 135 would be one degree off a world record: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001375.html
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

Spaceboy wrote:I flew through Washington, Oregon, and half of California along the coast today in a Mooney.

I think it's because of the Coast Range Mountains. They block the sea air from getting into the Willamette Valley and cooling us down when the wind and barometric pressure are just right. If we didn't have those mountains between us and the coast, we'd probably be a lot foggier and wetter most of the time. We also have the Cascade Mountains on the east side of the valley, so if the winds are downslope, we get really hot sinking air and it gets trapped here, LIKE TODAY!

Just looked at the thermometer on my back porch that faces north and is located IN THE SHADE. It says 102 F at 2:45PM and it's still rising. Feels like walking into a bloody oven. Grendel, it's a little hotter down in Corvallis proper than up here at 500 feet elevation. I think downtown ended up at 108 F yesterday.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Yes, that's where I was (work).. Was a nightmare to cool the house down later in the evening, not looking forward to that again. Hope it'll cool of more tonight.
ImageImage
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

103 here on the east side of the Willamette off 122nd at 3pm, and still climbing :shock: can anyone say 107 or 108????
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

We're cookin' with sunshine! 8)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

106 Only 1 degree off the all time record
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

How's that leftist global warming hoax treat you guys?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Dedman wrote:How's that leftist global warming hoax treat you guys?
We're blaming obama aren't we?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Isaac wrote:
Dedman wrote:How's that leftist global warming hoax treat you guys?
We're blaming obama aren't we?
Any Dem will do. Gore's an old man now anyways.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Are you serials? :P
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

It's fun around here right now.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... ecast.html

And they said Canada was cold. :) It's only really that bad at night though - I never found 28-degree nights too easy to get to sleep in. During the day, A/C, or cold drinks, or something will work just fine...
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

It hit 104 yesterday at Boeing Field (Seattle). I wore long sleeves to keep the sun off of my arms (special UV-resistant fabric) and a hat to keep the sun off of my head. I stayed hydrated. Everyone else whined about how hot it was as we all herded a bunch of six-year-olds.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I work for the state and our boss (god) ordered a bunch of us to leave our desks and go across the street to load freight containers in the sun. It was over 100 degrees out and there were 4 pallets of boxed paper. It was there we found out how out of shape we were.
CORD
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CORD »

I'm in Massachusetts and it finally cracked 85 degrees. Global warming my eye.
Don't be so openminded that your brains fall out.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Heard it's not particularly hot this year in Colorado either. Nonetheless, global doesn't mean the entire world, it just means on average. Who gets it might change from year to year too...
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Sirius wrote:Heard it's not particularly hot this year in Colorado either.
It's been pretty mild here in the Denver area this summer. Last year was a different story; the highs stayed over 100F for over a week, ugh.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Been rainy and coolish here in S. Illinois. Only a few days over 90 so far this summer.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

AlphaDoG wrote:Been rainy and coolish here in S. Illinois. Only a few days over 90 so far this summer.
*jealous* :evil:
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Don't think we've hit 100 here yet. But the AC is still set to a crisp 60 F. :D