TechNet Plus and Windows 7 question

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

TechNet Plus and Windows 7 question

Post by JMEaT »

I have a TechNet Plus subscription and am currently enjoying Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (RTM 7600)

I was just curious if the key obtained through MS's TechNet site is a temp 90 day key? Does it expire? I know some software does and some doesn't. Was just curious to know if anyone knew.

Thanks for any help. :)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subs ... fault.aspx

Looks like the answer is \"no\" to both questions. That said, I'm not completely sure what it's for; considering the wording there the licence agreement might suggest it's for evaluation purposes only. Maybe.

Even if it does though, it's not likely something they will enforce (even if they were able to, realistically).
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Thanks for the reply. I read that too and it's what made me wonder. :)
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

All my tech net downloads befor it expired the rull was 10keys per product examp 10 for 7 home 32 10 for home 64 and so on and so on and once u activate that key u can not activate it agan ever. so say a vri takes out your os u can reinstall with the key u can't reactivate it and must get a new key it sucks ass but free software its worth the payne. I just make a ghost of that drive after I activated it just incase. :P

Btw speeking of W7 what happened to every one saying its going to b subsciption base lol. Haven't had to give my cc# yet
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

People like to speculate stuff like that - the more sensational the better, it seems - but Microsoft isn't about to take away an option that a lot of people prefer, even if there were alternatives. Same thing goes for future versions of Office.

In other words, as long as there are enough people who want a pay-once use-indefinitely pricing model, I expect it'll be available.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Well, I was just able to reuse a TechNet key for Windows 7 on another machine. I formatted and turned in my Lenovo laptop at work and was able to re-use my x86 Professional key on my new Lenovo workstation. In case anyone was curious.

Cool! :)
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

U where able to avctivate it?
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Yup :O
Warlock