Something I noticed about Republicans...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Something I noticed about Republicans...

Post by Dakatsu »

I noticed that often, Republicans complain about how government is inefficient, a large bureaucracy, that is wasting taxpayer dollars...

...but I never see the same people ever come up with ideas on how to make government more efficient. I am not advocating a very large government, but if it truly is an inefficient mess, why not come up with ideas on how to make it more efficient at what it does?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

On youtube they show presidential campaigns. You'll notice that both parties campaign, promoting almost the exact same things.

and...
George H W Bush played a big part in opening up global trade around the world paving the way for Bill Clinton to take the credit.

The (almost unsolvable) problem: Our electoral system isn't designed to get the right person for the job. But if you give 44 monkeys 4-8 years to do a job, they each should/might be able to accomplish something. Maybe not write Shakespeare. Don't blame the monkey. Blame the people that built the system that put monkey in charge. (pardon my lame humor but I believe you know all of this already)
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Something I noticed about Republicans...

Post by TechPro »

Dakatsu wrote:I noticed that often, Republicans complain about how government is inefficient, a large bureaucracy, that is wasting taxpayer dollars...

...but I never see the same people ever come up with ideas on how to make government more efficient. I am not advocating a very large government, but if it truly is an inefficient mess, why not come up with ideas on how to make it more efficient at what it does?
That's funny. I've noticed Democrats complaining of the same things... :oops: ... and both sides present ideas on what to do about it (every four years) ... and we all vote according to who has been the most convincing that they'll do a better job of correcting the mess.

Hmmm...
Zantor
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Zantor »

Yet, neither party has done anything significant to actually improve the mess. Government, yet again.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Z is right. Both major political camps of thought do enough to justify their existence in our government, and that's about it. Short of heeding to special interests of course.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

well I've noticed that the Democrats spend a lot of time whining about the Republicans not proposing anything. all the while the D party has complete an unstoppable control of both houses of congress. and yet they still can get nothing done except to blame the R for not proposing anything :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Talk to Ron Paul.....
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Cuda... and yet the Republicans held congress for eight years, and even had control of the white house and didn't do anything...wait... we're hundreds of billions of dollars in debt now, awesome!

As I said above, both parties have faults, neither does more than necessary to stay in power, and to think that either one doesn't is both dangerous and wrong.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

oh I'm not argueing with you, but a good troll thread deserves a good troll thread response. :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

in the last 6 months, we've put ourselves over 10 trillion in (over 50 trillion depending on who you ask).

Who's fault is that?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

It’s our…err…your…err…somebody’s, fault for electing buttholes.

………………………..

One thing “I” noticed about Republicans…the babes are hotter.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote: One thing “I” noticed about Republicans…the babes are hotter.
OHHHHHH there's no doubt about thhat :)

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:If you can't see these little niggling warts about Palin, what's blinding you to them? Perhaps sex appeal?????????????
CUDA wrote:your a sexist bigot I'm done discussing this topic with you.
Hmmmm....

Bee
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

sorry I was thinking with my Pants brain :roll:

edit: I was posting this before your comments Bee and got interupted, so My sarcastic appoligy is not directed to you in any way shape or form, you obviously do not understand nor do you wish to understand the difference in the comments, that were made by Spidey and I, and the comments made by TC.

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:If you can't see these little niggling warts about Palin, what's blinding you to them? Perhaps sex appeal?????????????
CUDA wrote:your a sexist bigot I'm done discussing this topic with you.
Hmmmm....

Bee
LOL you are SOOOOOO predictable. and I'll bet you think he was ONLY talking about Palin, sorry but your Palin envy blindness would be incorrect.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Something I notice about Democrats is they are always pointing out Something they noticed about Republicans. Instead of answering the peoples questions.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I thought we we \"noticing\" republicans?

Trust me, \"We the People\", notice!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

CUDA wrote:oh I'm not argueing with you, but a good troll thread deserves a good troll thread response. :P
Well played. I should've forseen :)
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA wrote:...you obviously do not understand nor do you wish to understand the difference in the comments, that were made by Spidey and I, and the comments made by TC.
Ummm, I DO know. I'll wait to see if TC spots what I did. :wink:

Bee
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

So now even the inside jokes have inside jokes? And responses are so cryptic that it takes a third party not even involved in the thread to \"spot what someone did\"? Awesome! No wonder the discourse on this board has changed little in over 4 years. :lol:
Hostile
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hostile »

Like I said (BACK ON TOPIC). Talk to Ron Paul. He actually has a LOT of good ideas and solutions that most people, especially politicians, don't want to try.....
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Spidey wrote:It’s our…err…your…err…somebody’s, fault for electing buttholes.

………………………..

One thing “I” noticed about Republicans…the babes are hotter.
:)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ya know, there's something I've noticed about Repub-libertari-mocrats: ...<insert political generalization here>...

:roll:
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol

My post was really pointed at everyone in Washington. But Spidey has a valid point too.
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by Birdseye »

Hostile wrote:Like I said (BACK ON TOPIC). Talk to Ron Paul. He actually has a LOT of good ideas and solutions that most people, especially politicians, don't want to try.....

I like Ron Paul a lot on many issues as well. See, we can agree sometimes! :) He was my pick for president, I almost registered republican just to vote for him, I know a "liberal" friend who did
Birdseye
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Birdseye »

Dakatsu wrote:I noticed that often, Republicans complain about how government is inefficient, a large bureaucracy, that is wasting taxpayer dollars...

yeah, you can say the same thing about dems on other stuff.

posts like this that blame or complain about one side are nothing but counter productive.

I like to talk about Americans, not parties.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Another thing I noticed about Republicans…they believe in free speech.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

A lot of them even like beer.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Birdseye wrote:...

I like to talk about Americans, not parties.
Yea! But one thing I've noticed about Americans is a lot of them would rather listen to a party than think for themselves....

In retrospect I need to stop ridiculing middle eastern fundamentalists for refusing to evolve culturally in line with the western world when so many of my fellow westerners are just as dogmatically thick headed as the islamikazi's are! The only difference is the western variety is so lazy they have jihad by proxy instead of taking up the struggle themselves.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Birdseye wrote:Ron Paul ... I almost registered republican just to vote for him
In Texas, you don't have to register with a party to vote in the primaries. So I got to vote for Ron Paul WITHOUT putting a big stain on my record. :)
Spidey wrote:Another thing I noticed about Republicans…they believe in free speech.
Not so much. They just want to suppress different speech than the liberals do.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Kilarin, do you ever find the weight of all that PC you carry around a little tiring? Someday straddling both sides of every issue might hurt a bit… :P

J/K
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

Hostile wrote:...Talk to Ron Paul...
Now I feel depressed. :(
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Spidey wrote:Someday straddling both sides of every issue might hurt a bit…
There are more than two sides to an issue. I'm Libertarian, I believe in minimal government that leaves EVERYONE alone, just so long as they don't interfere with the rights of others. Neither the Democrats OR the Republicans believe in that, so it should hardly be surprising that I disagree with them both.

Broaden your horizons and take a look at some of the other points of view out there. Democrat vs Republican gets boring.
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

That just means you're crazier than both!
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

Kilarin wrote:Broaden your horizons and take a look at some of the other points of view out there. Democrat vs Republican gets boring.
Yea, I'll keep that in mind. :roll:

But, you won’t mind if I continue to form my own point of view?
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Spidey wrote:But, you won’t mind if I continue to form my own point of view?
Of course. I just said to take a LOOK at other points of view besides mainstream conservative/liberal.

The problem with being stuck in a two party mindset is that we try to pigeon hole people into places they don't belong. Not everyone fits into one of those two categories. Once you recognize this, you can see and understand more of the variety of world views people hold.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You know Kilarin, the freedom of speech comment was directed at the closing of TB’s thread, and I only used “Republican” because of the name of this thread. You were the one that made sure the Democrats had to have equal time…so I hope you can see the irony here.

And, of course you assuming to lecture me about broadening my horizons is also very amusing.

jftr
I only used this thread to make my statement, because I can’t comment in a closed thread, and I didn’t feel like starting a new one just to make a simple statement. I know I must stop assuming people keep up enuf with what’s going on to get something as subtle as my comment. I do that way too often.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Spidey wrote:I only used this thread to make my statement, because I can’t comment in a closed thread, and I didn’t feel like starting a new one just to make a simple statement. I know I must stop assuming people keep up enuf with what’s going on to get something as subtle as my comment.
Just not fast enough to keep up with you, sorry. :)
Spidey wrote:You were the one that made sure the Democrats had to have equal time
Along with the above, I'm obviously not keeping up. again, sorry. I wasn't attempting to be "PC" in stating that the Republicans want to suppress free speech, just different speech than the liberals. I've listened to Republicans who want to ban flag burning and who want to re-institute anti-blasphemy laws (similar to what just passed in Ireland). During the early phases of the Iraq war I was told by some republicans that speaking against the war should be considered treason.

The other side is just as bad, of course, the whole PC movement, the attempts to ban "Hate Speech", and the attempts to throttle conservative talk shows. Etc.

Some people on one side want to make it illegal to promote a homosexual life style, some people on the other side want to make it illegal to say that a homosexual life style is sin. Neither side seems to really be defending free speech in my opinion.