It's been.....years.

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

It's been.....years.

Post by skunk »

Hello Everyone,

I stumbled across the DBB today after playing a couple of games of d1 on kali for the first time in years. I haven't talked to some of you guys that i see posting in almost a decade or more. I hope you're all doing well.

-skunk/Ahimsa
If I Ruled The World. Imagine That.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Hi. Do I know you?

;)
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

This thread stinks. :wink:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

WB Skunk.
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by skunk »

Sirius!!!!! Sup man how are you?!?! How's DH and Xena too?

Thanks Merlin...it's been ages, do you even still have kali? whenever I see your name I always think {m1}{er}{lin} because I never had your icons in chat, hahah.

Great to see you again Tiger. I was looking on Youtube for descent videos and I found your playlist. Awesome stuff bro, it made me log back into kali and play a few games, then stop by here, so thanks for that brother.

Any other old faces still lurk among this board?
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Any time Skunk.

As for the others Duper, Ferno, BUBBALOU, and still hang around. Lobber pops in once in a while. MD-2389 is at the DescentBB.com. Any one else I leave out.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Skunk, I still have Kali but I'm never on at home. Life has changed big time in the last year. I log in on KWEB sometimes during the day but not for long. Don't really play any games anymore.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

man, skunk... that name brings back memories. I still remember the bogus chat log that got you banned from IDL (\"the following 2 files...
  • \").

I haven't been on Kali in ages. Been playing quite a bit of D3, though, mostly CTF. Come join us.
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by skunk »

Lothar! Good to see you brother. Haha, yeah I forgot about that part of the chat log, that's funny...and even funnier, they couldn't put the bogus file in one of the top two files being offered, they had it as the third file being offered on a list of 2 files. lol. Plust I called the guy two different names in the chat logs too.

D3? Man I was just about to post a thread asking where you guys play d3 at now because I've been searching and couldn't find it. I'd love to join you. I used to play d3 a LOT when that whole IDL thing went down. It's funny, when I hear the d3 into start, it's all emotional for me because I felt like that guy exiled and falling into the sun after that bogus stuff happened. I was in [NT] with Suncho (almost joined <TA> instead), but I hung out with the {ROX} guys a lot, specifically Neutrino and Hostile. Anyway, point me in the right direction and I'll dust of my Pyro-GL for some fast paced fun with you guys.

-skunk / Ahimsa
SirSamII
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SirSamII »

Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

SirSamII wrote:viewtopic.php?t=4953
Yep. Personally, I'm fond of Vortex to find games, but as long as you're patched to 1.4 and use one of the various trackers listed in that thread, you should be able to find us.

I normally play as one of the following:
Duck of Doom
Mare of Despair
Cattle of Battle
Animal of Attribute
Blood Donor (usually only when I've recently given blood)

Look for me in the evenings in Veins.
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

Hey.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Welcome back Skunk, weren't you in the Descent Rangers? I definitely recall playing in games with you on Kali D2 and I'm pretty sure the Rangers server. Was always fun when you were in game and always a challenge. Will have to knock the rust off your Pyro when I see you in the mines :D
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by skunk »

Hey Canuck!

Yes sir! That was me. Good to see you! Dire Wolves Forever!!!! >:]

Ahhhhh I miss all those ranger games....

Do you still have d2 installed or are ya playing d3 with everyone? Definitely on the games though man, I'd be happy to be a target for ya. lol.

-skunk
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

good to see a good player back in action
i need to install kali and get back in the mines
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by skunk »

Thanks for the warm welcome Behemoth.

Hey Guys! I just played my first game of d3 tonight! Yeah I got a lot of rust on that pyro to shake. I still had a winning ratio but I felt completely like a noob and had a lot of trouble leading correctly with the lasers and plasma since their rates of fire are different in d3. My fusion was decent though. I'll be looking around on Vortex for you guys.

-skunk
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

skunk wrote:I just played my first game of d3 tonight! .... I'll be looking around on Vortex for you guys.
Wish I'd seen you. I was around a few times today, but not real interested in the Skybox game that was up.

If I recall correctly, you and I played a couple times in my D1 level "Zora". There's a D3 port of it up on the DRH by request server. Fusion, plasma, lasers, vauss, and only a couple of missiles (and pyro only.) I think you'd enjoy it.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I'm doing well. Graduated, finished a Master's degree, now I've moved to the Vancouver area and am working for Microsoft. So yeah, plenty of changes going on there. I move again next year, down to their main Redmond campus.

DH just did a drive-by of this thread it looks... maybe I'll let him speak for himself if he so wishes. :) Xena doesn't play Descent any more, or any computer games really, but in real life terms - well it's been a difficult job market but she's been getting more and more work this year so things are looking up I think.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

It's been years since i've seen you skunk. good to see you're still around.