Massachusetts

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Massachusetts

Post by CUDA »

Proof positive the Politicians have nothing more in mind but their interest to stay in power. they care nothing about serving you and I.

a couple of years back during the 2004 election the law makers in Mass were afraid that if Kerry was elected, then Gov Romney would appoint a (R) to fill his seat. so they passed legislation preventing that from happening, by requiring a special election to fill the vacancy.
Well it seems now that Teddy kicked the bucket the (D) controlled Mass state congress doesnt want to wait for the special election to happen since the current Gov is now a (D). so they recinded the law that they railroaded through in 2004, just so they will have filli-buster proof power in the U.S. Senate and this will help them force through their legislations.

I wish I could change the law when it benefitted me. :roll:
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Ya, they arn't changing the law, just invoking an emergency clause.

Agreed that it is a political move. Agreed Dems would be in an uproar if the republican Gov. did this.

But it is also probably the most unsurprising thing I have read today. :)
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

ya I've got to agree I wasn't surprised.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Where's Betinia or what-ever. think she will post anything in responce to this. :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

not a chance. I didnt quote the EVIL EMPIRE Fox News
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Cuda68 wrote:Where's Betinia or what-ever. think she will post anything in responce to this. :P
Betinia?

Anyway, here is my response. The law should have been followed and if I were a republican, I would scream foul very loudly.

However, my personal opinion is this: When a representative or senator vacates his seat it should be filled within 30 days with a member of the same party. No party switch would be allowed. Whether or not he/she keeps their seat will be determined by the people at the next election.

Bee
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

We could also, you know, abolish the 17th amendment and let the system be run as it was intended to be.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Stroodles »

Bet51987 wrote:
Cuda68 wrote:Where's Betinia or what-ever. think she will post anything in responce to this. :P
Betinia?

Anyway, here is my response. The law should have been followed and if I were a republican, I would scream foul very loudly.

However, my personal opinion is this: When a representative or senator vacates his seat it should be filled within 30 days with a member of the same party. No party switch would be allowed. Whether or not he/she keeps their seat will be determined by the people at the next election.

Bee
Look Bee! You come highly requested! I agree with your response, too.

Not to pick on you personally, everyone does it, but I noticed the line about you screaming folly *if you were republican* That I think is one of the largest problem with our country. People only want to accept the bad things about the other party. =(
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!