May he rot in hell

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

May he rot in hell

Post by Bet51987 »

I hope his time in prison was terrifying and his death was long and painful.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/30/flo ... index.html
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Too bad you don't believe in hell...

But, I get the point.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Why is this creep even getting a shoutout here?
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: May he rot in hell

Post by Stroodles »

Bet51987 wrote:I hope his time in prison was terrifying and his death was long and painful.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/30/flo ... index.html
Second! Although I would have been more happy if we had killed him in a slow and brutal fashion. Some things are just pure evil, regardless of you opinions or beliefs.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

Geez, you people aren't much better. <.<
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

AlphaDoG wrote:Why is this creep even getting a shoutout here?
As I recall, Bet has some deeply personal feelings about this particular case. It's been discussed a couple of times before, so it's not just a random post.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

So why does this SLIME get a pass?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ed_by.html

Roman Polanski any better than the other guy because his victim is still breathing?

(warning, article contains actual testimony describing graphic details) :

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/po ... over1.html

List of people that don't think it qualified as \"rape-rape\" (Quoting Whoopie Goldberg on The View http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/sep ... i-goldberg .)

http://www.indiewire.com/article/2009/0 ... tition/P1/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

WOW WOW WOW. I agree with Bee, Spidey and TB all in the same thread!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think hell just froze over :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

CUDA wrote:I think hell just froze over :P
Quick get the blow dryer! :o
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Whoopie Goldberg qualifies as a dumbass dumbass.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

LOL Joy Behar was crucifying Polanski on HLN last night.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Spaceboy
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Spaceboy »

I agree that he should die for the terrible things he did, but we don't need to celebrate it.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Spaceboy wrote:I agree that he should die for the terrible things he did, but we don't need to celebrate it.
Ok, how about a smallish gathering of friends to share their relief ....and keg or two? But no music or dancing...well, OK some music but not too loud and only minimal dancing in a reserved dignified manner without endzone style taunting...
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

As long as there's no pizza it wont rank up to \"celebration\".
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

/me THROWS pizza all around!

Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

I eat the pizza, not because I'm celebrating...we just *happened* to be here, and Alpha just *happened to bring pizza. It's strange how these things turn out.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

shall we throw a going away and don't come back party??
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Sure, I'm game.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

May he rot in hell
No deal. :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Child killers deserve a SPECIAL type of hell that's so beyond my imagination that I can't think of what it would be like.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Why is it more heinous to kill a child, rather than an adult?

I will make the case that it’s more heinous to kill an adult than a child…because adults have a place in society, such as a job, and might even have children to care for. Etc…

Your turn…….
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

meh... sounds like six one way, half-dozen the other way.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Spidey wrote:Why is it more heinous to kill a child, rather than an adult?

I will make the case that it’s more heinous to kill an adult than a child…because adults have a place in society, such as a job, and might even have children to care for. Etc…

Your turn…….

Well you die then the universe recycles it self an infinite amount of times. Since time is infinite it's impossible for matter to not be repeating the same patterns. So with this logic there will be many versions of humans life and out of those trillions and trillions of versions events such as baby rapists will repeat exactly as before. So there is nothing really wrong with anything we do!
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

heh... that sounds like an atheist's excuse to eliminate things like integrity. =P The universe doesn't recycle itself. :P
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Clarification:

By no way, was I referring to rape…which by all means would be more horrorific when done to a child.

I was speaking only of killing, and all things being equal.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote:heh... that sounds like an atheist's excuse to eliminate things like integrity. =P The universe doesn't recycle itself. :P
Just wait! :p
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey wrote:Why is it more heinous to kill a child, rather than an adult?

Your turn…….
I'm glad you clarified it in your later post so I will drop the rape part and deal with only the killing part.

It isn't a matter of age or gender but physical size and strengh. In almost all cases a child is physically unable to defend itself against the much stronger attacker and simply becomes prey.

So, killing a child (to me) is more heinous.

Bee
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

I agree with Bee on this one. There is a certain sense of innocence associated with children as well.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Ok, I can see that, your going for the act of killing itself, I was thinking more in terms of ‘why is a childs life worth more, than an adults‘.

Understood.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

The fact that this guy died of natural causes before justice was done, to me highlights a major problem in our \"advanced\" society. It's a glimpse, IMO, at what may be one of the causes of the downfall of our particular society. It's no cause for celebration, but he should have been put to death two years ago, when he was convicted.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Sergeant Thorne wrote: but he should have been put to death two years ago, when he was convicted.
agreed
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Bet51987 wrote:I'm glad you clarified it in your later post so I will drop the rape part and deal with only the killing part.

It isn't a matter of age or gender but physical size and strengh. In almost all cases a child is physically unable to defend itself against the much stronger attacker and simply becomes prey.

Bee
I agree with you sentiment, but I'm not sure its for your reasons.

Take J.A. Muhammad, who did the DC Sniper shootings. His victims were all physically unable to defend themselves, and were simply prey.

Yet, while his acts were heinous, there is something that just turns my stomach more about this case. I really think it simply boils down to the innocence of a child.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Gooberman wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I'm glad you clarified it in your later post so I will drop the rape part and deal with only the killing part.

Bee
I agree with you sentiment, but I'm not sure its for your reasons.

Take J.A. Muhammad, who did the DC Sniper shootings. His victims were all physically unable to defend themselves, and were simply prey.

Yet, while his acts were heinous, there is something that just turns my stomach more about this case. I really think it simply boils down to the innocence of a child.
I'm not sure about the physical part. Yes, they were unable to defend themselves but it wasn't up close and personal. They weren't physically restrained and tortured before being killed and I think seeing your attacker killing you has to be far more heinous.

I'm not out to diminish what you said though. It's all awful.

Bee
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Yep, some people are just a stain on humanity.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Ya, I suppose there isn't much merit to trying to decide which is worse and why; all of them test my traditionally anti-capital punishment stance.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Gooberman wrote:Ya, I suppose there isn't much merit to trying to decide which is worse and why; all of them test my traditionally anti-capital punishment stance.
Ditto for me. I think the killers that seem to deserve the death sentence the most are also the variety that are least likely to be deterred by any consequences resulting from their actions. They seem to be detached from society and driven by an illogical desire to kill and sometimes the prospect of being caught and punished is a part of their destructive goal.
I think in a lot of those cases if the killer knew his crimes would be ignored by the media and his deeds would never be discussed publicly it would be a more effective deterrence....
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Will Robinson wrote:I think in a lot of those cases if the killer knew his crimes would be ignored by the media and his deeds would never be discussed publicly it would be a more effective deterrence....
I would be very surprised to learn that such a thing has any bearing on their mindset until after the fact.

It seems that "deterrent" is the only consideration that people give in regard to the death penalty, but there is also the aspect of justice, and that's what I was referring to. I don't lack sympathy, I just recognize that when one person kills another, justice demands that that person must die. It's a very serious thing (too serious for our generation, it seems). Justice is not just a legal buzzword for revenge, it is an aspect of reality.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

still \"may he rot in hell\" is harsh. You as a fellow human are just as capable of doing the same evil as he did. You are deserving of your own judgment.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:I think in a lot of those cases if the killer knew his crimes would be ignored by the media and his deeds would never be discussed publicly it would be a more effective deterrence....
I would be very surprised to learn that such a thing has any bearing on their mindset until after the fact.
In some cases it does. The Columbine kids are one example. They wanted the notoriety of having gone out in flames...remove that possibility and who knows how they would have 'expressed' their misguided angst....join a punk band? Volunteer for the French Foreign Legion? Overdose harmlessly on cleaning products....maybe even get over their self indulgent selves, suck it up and go flip burgers for a living!
....I just recognize that when one person kills another, justice demands that that person must die.....
I don't follow the logic there. Killing a killer doesn't create a 'just' situation at least not just in the sense of 'fair' and if you mean just in the sense of 'deserved' then it is simple revenge which doesn't serve us well so if there is no deterrent component to the penalty it isn't worth the risk of executing innocent people.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Duper wrote:still "may he rot in hell" is harsh. You as a fellow human are just as capable of doing the same evil as he did. You are deserving of your own judgment.
Jessica was abducted, tortured, and repeatedly raped over a period of three days before he killed her. You know how she died? He made her get into a plastic bag along with her teddy bear in the pretense of taking her home but instead he buried her alive. He didn't asphyxiate or crush her windpipe first, he just buried her alive. She was only nine years old.

When they dug up the grave, they found finger marks on the bag where she was desperately trying to get out but couldn't. And you think I was too harsh? I think you're being plain stupid.

Bee