Ten Years

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Dillirgaf
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Holy CRAPOLA!!!

Post by Dillirgaf »

Now there's a bunch of names I haven't SEEN for nearly 10 years!!! Ahhh the Ranger days...

Here I go and start looking for some new D2 drivers to get my 4 year old boy started in D2 since I enjoyed it so much and come across you old farts...

...Dillirgaf?
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Hello, Dillirgaf. Welcome back! Are you interested in flying again? There are still a few of us who play Descent... you still have your kali serials somewhere? :)
Dillirgaf
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Dillirgaf »

I actually did come across my Kali #s, old D2 Discs and dusted off the old trusty SWP. I just got the D2X Rebirth working VERY well on my puter. Only thing left for me is to get the SWP working guess I need to research the DB to USB I've seen in some topics... I'll be getting into some games to receive my butt whoopins again real soon :wink:
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Wow Sharpie ...how ya been?! I remember the old PSF crew ...you, Breadman ...who else was there?

Gipsoncoil ...now that's a name that goes back 10+years

- griffin / d0ggY
Skelter
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Another Ranger checking in!

Post by Skelter »

Wow! It's stunning to see so many familiar handles ten years on. Games have come and gone but nothing created a lasting community like Descent/Kali did. Not sure how many of you remember me, but I played pretty heavily D1/2/3 from 1995-1999 usually on Kali. Of the lot that I see here I do remember:

Koolbear
CajunAce
Karash
MD-2389
and (I think) Sirian!

I also remember someone named Sparhawk (from MN?), who made levels back in the day and it would be great to chat with again. Anyone know where he's off to?

Those days were high school days, and it's been a tremendously shaping ten years since then. I know I have a Sidewinder somewhere. If anyone wants to fire up a game for old time's sake, feel free to message.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

I remember the name Skelter ...long way back. Ya Spar was a good buddy of mine on kali altho he rarely actually played the game, he was very much enmeshed in the community.

Sadly I don't know what 99% of the old players are up to these days. From the sounds of it the NYDP crew is still on the board and maybe parts of the atLANta crew but most other people are MIA.

- griffin ('94-'99) / d0ggY ('99-'02)
MadJoca
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by MadJoca »

i play descent since 1995, in kali since 1998 I think, i think the best player ever is Jediluke, and the player who I ever hated is KILLGOOD !!! remember KILLGOOD ?? a ★■◆● enemy, hehe

hey, anyone can give me a serial ?!!??!?!? i will love it
Skelter
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Skelter »

Yep. JEDILUKE and KILLGOOD i both remember... vaguely... as in coming on sporadically to render an entire cave worth of spew. Wonder what they're up to now?

Still looking for an Argentine who has a Sidewinder Pro...
Demigod Primus
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Demigod Primus »

I still have my Sidewinder and it works great. If you dont want to use a sidewider though, there is a decent stick out from Logitech called teh Xtreme 3D Pro. It works in a pinch as a good replacement.

Shout out to brother Spud!
ix
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

;)

Post by ix »

ix here,

Most of you I remember and played.

Because I'm a club dj I logged on in the afternoon or after 4am est and all day on Sundays.

I liked zod. He was insane. \"All Bow To Zod\"

Mostly I play at home now on my descent lan set-up. Fun whoopin up on the kids.

Who's the guy in Kali who signed on with... \"\"?? pulls up with a semi full of beer and passes it around\" or something like that?

ix
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

ix: sounds like Icy's quote.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

There was a guy called \"TRAMPLER\" that seems to fit that... at least to my memory.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Dingman used to say that, but I don’t know if it was exclusive.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Trampler

\"18 wheeler rolls up filled with beer\" \"It's Miller time\"

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

Tramp still comes around in Kali.
Buef
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Buef »

Sirian, Dillagaf, Cajunace, spud, Oneye, some names I'll never forget.

Sirian, great to see ya still around...in abbreviated form. heheh Still have your 'history' lesson (from 12-97) online at http://www.buef.com/games/Descent/History.htm

Dillagaf you ole sum-youknow...4 yr old eh? My 7 year old will take him! Good to see you're well. We had some fun times in the mine. I still remember the game me , you and smity played in where I got my first win ever. Thank you both for going easy on me. hahah

Cajun! Lost track of you after Tribes. You and Tx still hang?

Spud, lost track of you shortly afer you lost your wallet on the way to the SF Lanfest that we did back then with Sick_One and Apollon.

Oneye, good to see an original Ranger stil around, lost track of you shortly after I joined. Good to see the forefathers still alive. heheh \"old man\"

Slurpy I still talk to since he is a NorCal kid, havent seen Usul since SFfest.

If anyone still wants to play, I am always Buef. Add me to your list(s) on whatever. Xfire, Steam etc.
MD-1224
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by MD-1224 »

I'd like to play. The problem is that it seems as though many people are disappearing on Kali into thin air. Now, at times, on the main Descent server, I've seen only 12 users there. Kali looks like she's in sick health.

I'm wondering, if these people are leaving to go somewhere else to play, where are they going, that I may get some games in?

I heard some people using Hamachi. I don't know if Xfire has Descent support (that is, Rebirth) as of yet so I don't know. But I'm curious as to how people use Hamachi to play a Descent 1 or 2 game.
Jediluke
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

alive...

Post by Jediluke »

I'm still alive. I don't game much these days with 2 girls (4.5 yrs old and 11mos old)

Most recent games played...Crysis and FarCry2 (nickname theinvid)

(MadJoca) \"i play descent since 1995, in kali since 1998 I think, i think the best player ever is Jediluke\"

--poor MadJoca...you must not have played that many Descenters back in the day ;)

Has any other D-geek ever wondered (Last Starfighter-like) IF the Earth were being invaded by aliens and the Descent Pyro was real...which pilots would be called forth by the Earth governements to fly the pyros against our enemies? lol :)

If you created the roster of pilots to defend earth...who would be on it?
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

My list (when they were at the top of their game - and likely a few top players I'm forgetting):

DrDon
Strap
otaY
Scoundrl
R2D298
Kiln
Birdseye
Slurpy
Warlord
Diablo
ReaCt
Jediluke
Peartman
Karash

*Update

Wow, I just found this link from when I was doing pilot ratings back in the early 2k's.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://dwa ... s/home.htm

That brings back some memories. Some of you may be on there.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: alive...

Post by Behemoth »

Jediluke wrote: Has any other D-geek ever wondered (Last Starfighter-like) IF the Earth were being invaded by aliens and the Descent Pyro was real...which pilots would be called forth by the Earth governements to fly the pyros against our enemies? lol :)

If you created the roster of pilots to defend earth...who would be on it?
Hah! i used to think i was the only one who wondered about that.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I would choose players with anarchy & all around skills, not a bunch of players with mostly 1 on 1 skills…

Not a comment about above list… :P
D3Alien
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by D3Alien »

You'd definitely want someone who can raise hell and take a lot of them out fast, like oh say, Krom. :)
Jediluke
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jediluke »

that's a damned good start there dOggY...one question.

Who is Otay?
When I get a little more time I'm going to add a few names to your list.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

You could always strap a bunch of earthshakers to my pyro >:)
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

J, otaY played around the time of AaronB, Strap, Scoundrl, DrDon, etc. He mostly just idled on Kali and joined random games but was definitely a monster.
Verran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Verran »

*waves*
.eK.Warlord
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

:)

Post by .eK.Warlord »

ALL badass players on that list,Honored to be among them.I remember alot of losses to almost every player on that list.Including you Doggy.Losses that stick out...hmmm.Kiln handing me my ass in manes lvl 2.Birdseye's fury in eris was scary.R2D298 kicking my ass in minerva2 at uberfest in atlanta.Diablos mad skills in the elegies(I never did get a copy of that book..LOL)Peartman saying \"Cmon Warlord Keep up\"and of course Jedilukes relentless fusion in NYSA.Just to name a few.Thx Dog.
Warlord
Djcjr1
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Djcjr1 »

Excellent list, Dog. Since I've played Warlord and Jeds a bunch in the past, IMO, they're more than worthy to be placed among the greats. As long as they wouldn't be too rusty, I think I'd hitch a ride with them the day aliens invade the Earth. :)

Oh, and there's perks with being Warlord's wingman. There'd be plenty of time for naps between each battle. I had to say it! :D
.eK.Warlord
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

:)

Post by .eK.Warlord »

I had to learn to pace myself :twisted:
O ya and throw DJcjr on that list,his AIM would SAVE the world.And that aint no joke :) .Im on Kli alot lately,and im really really rusty :twisted: .Looking forward to it.
War
scrream
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by scrream »

Hey guys!
Used to play Descent 1/2 quite a lot as well. My name used to be SCREAM. It was way before all caps went out of fashion!

I do remember the great AaronB, Kevlar, DrDon, onyx, kiln, bulldog, Karash, fathom, Dmcd (who I was never ever able to beat), siko (?), Scoundrl and more if I think a bit harder.

I'm amazed there's still a community forum! Hope everyone's fine and that someone remembers me as well! :D
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

Scream?!?! holy crap, can't believe I left you off that list. You mangled me numerous times as well. Before d0ggY and back when you were around, I played as \"griffin\" on IDL and Official D.L.

How's it going?!?!

And ya War, we had some good battles a few times lol
TobyCat
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by TobyCat »

haha nice site d0ggY ;)
Back to the litter box
wiley
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by wiley »

Hey Sirian, I remember playing you a few times way back when. Do you remember some intense matches on the ladder against Kraken and Bionic? None of us play Descent much anymore but those days were awesome fun.

AaronB, JCC were some others I played with back in the day. My kali number was like 112 :).
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

wiley ...now there's a name I vaguely remember ...wow was that awhile ago. I went by \"griffin\" back then ...ltns.
skunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by skunk »

Wow! I found all of you! lol, at least, if you still read the dbb :)

Hey Warlord, Djcjr, Jeds, d0g, kir, sirius, MD!

Tobes! ebebbebebebebebebebbebebebebebebeb!!!!!!! Miss u bro.

Sirian... :evil:

Yo d0g, that page you posted is awesome man! I'm honored to be on it! :)

I remember wiley too, from a looooonnnggg time ago but I was an ultra-noob back then.

Man this game...took up 10 - 11 solid years of my life. Many great matches, many great friends. I miss it, a lot. I'm glad to see that you're all doing good. Heck, many of us literally grew up together, I mean when I got kali back in 97 I was 13 years old....now many of us have gone off and finished college, are in our careers...some of us are married and having kids...lol it's almost like reminiscing about high school, only we were all with each other for a lot longer. Sorry i was such a pain sometimes when I was younger, lol.

Hey i was thinking about putting together a Descent Memorial Page. Do any of you have any suggestions on what I should put on it? One page will have a ton of old descent graphics if any of you have some saved to cd's or to your computer ( I know I have quite a bit). If it's ok with d0ggy i'll definitely link to his page that he has here. I think I'll also put a demos page too for memorial matches, I have a few but I'll need more from the community.

I don't know, I'm open to suggestions as to what the content will be so feel free to get in contact with me :)

-skunk / Ahimsa
If I Ruled The World. Imagine That.
Findail
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Ten years since UberFest '99

Post by Findail »

Hiyas!

I joined the Rangers in 97 and went on to play some on the IDL, in one the LT.

But the most fun I had with Descent was probably coming to RangerFest in Colorado and UberFest in Atlanta in 99 with my buddies Vain and lardass and meeting people in real life.

Xciter fixed the circuit breakers...Vlider won the tourney...I played Ender in Athena and lost 20-0...I won my first IDL game (I think) against a guy who came with bama...talking with Quasar...playing kiln et al on their house LAN...buying D3 from Hal9000 before it was released back home...good times!

I never really chatted with Sirain, but I enjoyed his writing.
aaronb
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by aaronb »

Wow, those are some names I remember.

Scoundrl held the #1 spot for a long time on the ladder with Wiley and I competing for the #2 spot until I finally beat Scoundrl. Wiley was a class player. That was a long long time ago.

skunk - the memorial page sounds fascinating... I wish I had screenshots or demos from way back then to contribute, but I don't even have my plr file :(

Sccream - wtf, how's your dad? He was a major factor in getting me practiced up to take Scoundrl down.
aaronb
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by aaronb »

Hey skunk, here's something for your memorial:

This was in Portland (1996, I think).
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

effin kato! Him and his damn gravis pad ...he was sure good with that thing.

Oh, and AB, here's a recent blurb on Scoundrl ...apparently he's still a master of whatever he plays:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=43&id=1560
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

d0ggY wrote:effin kato! Him and his damn gravis pad ...he was sure good with that thing.

Oh, and AB, here's a recent blurb on Scoundrl ...apparently he's still a master of whatever he plays:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=43&id=1560
en House: My name is Ken House. I'm 37 and live in Hillsboro, Oregon. I own a computer repair company and co-own (with my buddy Chris Pavlas - a great gamer in his own right), a company that leases content filtering network appliances.
o_0 Dude, that's like 15 miles from me!